• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China Lands Spacecraft on Far Side of Moon

Nelsin

Banned
Serious question, what is the point landing on the moon? Is it just for accomplishment or are they hoping to find something?

It's to let people think space is real.

giphy.gif

Back it up, or shut it up. And i mean actual scientific evidence and not what a religious deity may or may not have said. People know your history.

There is like zero room for acceptance of theories that may disagree with the Holy Book, even when its been proven time and time again since the old ages.

F outta here with that mess. Don’t think you can talk trash because you think I’m afraid of being banned because I’m not. You yourself have no scientific evidence. You go by what you’re told. Like I said in my illusion of education thread, garbage in, garbage out. I’ve explained why I think they’re bogus. You don’t have to accept that. You’re your own person.

You know what I’ve come to realize? People use garbage knowledge as some sort of tool of dominance. It’s like accept our way of thinking or shut up. Nah. I’m good. I don’t have to think like you and you’re no better than me because you have certain beliefs. Wanna know what’s so great about the God I serve? He loves both of us exactly the same. He sent his Son for everyone. Especially the non believers.

:messenger_grinning_smiling: can't tell if it is a joke or not.

So if space isn't real then what is up there?

According to scripture, a dome of water. Think of it as a barrier between humankind and various levels of heaven. When you study the scriptures long enough you should find that the moon and stars have a pretty specific place and some have specific duties. It’s literally impossible to land on the moon because the moon isn’t a place. Someone like Red telling me to shut up would be no different than telling someone not to believe in God. Not gonna happen.

Last edited:

Nelsin

Banned
All the aliens who run this simulation.
He probably flat earth
F outta here with that mess. Don’t think you can talk trash because you think I’m afraid of being banned because I’m not. You yourself have no scientific evidence. You go by what you’re told. Like I said in my illusion of education thread, garbage in, garbage out. I’ve explained why I think they’re bogus. You don’t have to accept that. You’re your own person.

You know what I’ve come to realize? People use garbage knowledge as some sort of tool of dominance. It’s like accept our way of thinking or shut up. Nah. I’m good. I don’t have to think like you and you’re no better than me because you have certain beliefs. Wanna know what’s so great about the God I serve? He loves both of us exactly the same. He sent his Son for everyone. Especially the non believers.

According to scripture, a dome of water. Think of it as a barrier between humankind and various levels of heaven.
Dude you can literally buy a decent scope and watch other planets- space yourself..... also what is the point all countries lying about the existance of space?? They want to divide us from god?

Last edited:
EXACTLY. and yes you can buy a scope and look for yourself. I own one. Back to God, it’s either you accept the truth he’s given us as far as creation goes or you accept man’s “truths” about it. It takes awhile for some. Everyone’s different.

For Red, dude. Tell me this pic doesn’t look like a rock quarry. If that’s the horizon, again, the size of the rocks as well as distance to the horizon including all of those rocks would make absolutely no sense. That odd shadow in the middle of the large rocks makes absolutely no sense.

dbmbh1.png

Last edited:

Nelsin

Banned
EXACTLY. and yes you can buy a scope and look for yourself. I own one.

For Red, dude. Tell me this pic doesn’t look like a rock quarry. If that’s the horizon, again, the size of the rocks as well as distance to the horizon including all of those rocks would make absolutely no sense. That odd shadow in the middle of the large rocks makes absolutely no sense.

dbmbh1.png
If their goal to divide us from god then them self don't worship god? What are they gaining out of distracting us from god and going to hell? So many wrong things about your theory my dude.

Avasarala

Emoji Emperor
Staff Member
Serious question, what is the point landing on the moon? Is it just for accomplishment or are they hoping to find something?

It’s a technical achievement, especially unmanned. The round trip radio delay is about two and a half seconds, so the cycle of ‘observe state, send correction instruction, observe correction for correctness... repeat’ becomes difficult from earth, eapecially in the critical final stages of landing.

Additionally there’s the question of choosing a suitable touchdown site... visually from earth, or automated - the lander has to survive the landing, remain upright, and deploy payload / accomplish its mission, after all.

Communication to the far side of the moon can’t be done directly - you need bounce sats.

There’s also the fact that the far side of the moon needs to be observed directly, or else we have no idea what is on the ground there, or what it’s doing. ;)

If their goal to divide us from god then them self don't worship god? What are they gaining out of distracting us from god and going to hell? So many wrong things about your theory my dude.

If the devils main purpose at this point is to take as many souls from God as possible, you’d want as many people disbelieving that He exists and that He is responsible for creation as possible. If you believe it’s all a fairy tale and stories made up by men, it changes your entire perspective on your place here. It also makes it harder to believe that He’d love us so much that He sent His own son here to live among us.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
F outta here with that mess
That is not very Christian!

Don’t think you can talk trash because you think I’m afraid of being banned because I’m not. You yourself have no scientific evidence.
  • I have, but the last time i tried that, your AC got locked.
  • Besides that, you don't believe scientific evidence anyway, so even if i had it, would you accept it?
You go by what you’re told. Like I said in my illusion of education thread, garbage in, garbage out. I’ve explained why I think they’re bogus. You don’t have to accept that. You’re your own person.
I got by accepted things that everyone with a little bit of time can verify and come to the same conclusion. Heck, there are people out there who can reach that conclusion yet still believe in God.

What you do, is rely solely on the Word of God and Christ, and use that as a basis to explain everything in the world. And that is where the shoe stops fitting the feet.

You know what I’ve come to realize? People use garbage knowledge as some sort of tool of dominance. It’s like accept our way of thinking or shut up. Nah. I’m good.
Its not dominance. I just know from previous encounters not to provide the legwork for you since you will discard anyways, and your own evidence being very debunkable.

I don’t have to think like you and you’re no better than me because you have certain beliefs. Wanna know what’s so great about the God I serve? He loves both of us exactly the same. He sent his Son for everyone. Especially the non believers.
That's right, you don't have to. I am no stranger to beliefs, my aunt works as a Missionary of Charity among the poor serving God in the truest sense of the word. I write her twice a year, tell her how things are here, since she can only come home every 10 years.

What she says is ofcourse dripped in a bit of religion, but the core concepts are things we both very much share in common, both believer and non-believer.

According to scripture, a dome of water. Think of it as a barrier between humankind and various levels of heaven. When you study the scriptures long enough you should find that the moon and stars have a pretty specific place and some have specific duties. It’s literally impossible to land on the moon because the moon isn’t a place. Someone like Red telling me to shut up would be no different than telling someone not to believe in God. Not gonna happen.
If there is a dome of water, how do we see the moon then so clear if a dome of water is surrounding us, then naturally the moon would appear distorted as clear water is reflective. So a moon wouldn't look round, but heavily distorted. But our moon looks round.

For Red, dude. Tell me this pic doesn’t look like a rock quarry.
I first thought it was a 3D rendering. :p

If that’s the horizon, again, the size of the rocks as well as distance to the horizon including all of those rocks would make absolutely no sense. That odd shadow in the middle of the large rocks makes absolutely no sense.

dbmbh1.png
The angles of the rocks generate the shadows, this is apparent due to the shape and forms of said rocks, each facing different directions.

Last edited:
Have you ever looked at the moon through a telescope and watched it move? There are indeed waves or ripples surrounding it as it moves. It still appears clear because it’s not far into the firmament but very close to the surface of it. Another strange thing about the moons movement is that although it appears to set toward the west, it’s constantly moving the opposite direction night after night. That’s why Michael Jackson named his gliding footwork the moon walk. He was moving backward while appearing to move forward at the same time.

• Besides that, you don't believe scientific evidence anyway, so even if i had it, would you accept it?

If I can actually test it for myself, why not? As far as the moon goes, not a single one of us here will ever step foot on it so there is no way for any person outside of a select few to test or disprove it.

Last edited:
Have you ever looked at the moon through a telescope and watched it move? There are indeed waves or ripples surrounding it as it moves. It still appears clear because it’s not far into the firmament but very close to the surface of it. Another strange thing about the moons movement is that although it appears to set toward the west, it’s constantly moving the opposite direction night after night. That’s why Michael Jackson named his gliding footwork the moon walk. He was moving backward while appearing to move forward at the same time.

That's called the 30km thick layer of air you're looking through.

Except air is nowhere near as thick as water. Stars exhibit the same fluid patterns when looked at through a good scope. The motion of the ripples aren’t consistent with the motion of air at all. It looks as if you’re looking at magnified ripples on a pond where as the moons ripples are far finer.

The picture looks like poor quality, but I'm always up for more images of other moons, planets, and other non-terrestrial bodies.

Last edited:
Except air is nowhere near as thick as water. Stars exhibit the same fluid patterns when looked at through a good scope. The motion of the ripples aren’t consistent with the motion of air at all. It looks as if you’re looking at magnified ripples on a pond where as the moons ripples are far finer.

I use a 20 inch newtonian in both the winter and summer seasons. In winter when the air is cool, and moisture is down, there is less atmospheric interference. I get less rippling when viewing stars, nebula and planets. In Summer it is more humid, more moisture in the air, thus more optical rippling.

I can confirm this explanation through personal experimentation. You can now call me a liar or accept the observational facts.

Here is a photo of the moon I took a couple years back, with emphasis on the moon horizon.

02KeR1D.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn’t call you a liar. I’d ask you when else do you ever see air behave like water does. Yes you’re going by what you’ve learned of the sky and applying that to what you’re seeing but what you’re told in this case doesn’t match what the eye sees at all unless air is able to behave like liquid. Nice pic by the way. That would just confirm to me that the moon indeed is either closer to the surface of the water or can even fully come in and out of it and perhaps that’s where the phases come from. I mean can you tell me why we’re never able to observe the transition of the phases?

Last edited:

Novoitus

Banned
the only people who believe in this are libtards. only the US can make it to the moon and that is because the moon and space is not real. this is libtard propoganda

JESUS has risen. SCIENCE is SATAN. Scripture says so. If you do not read it than FUCK YOU

Last edited:
So by your reasoning, waves high in the sky = must be water, and waves on the ground = must be heat?

Dude. WHAT IS THE VIDEO TITLED? wow. Atleast you gave a decent example of air acting like fluid. Probably also because it’s more than likely humid. Unfortunately that’s not going to happen at high alt.

It’s actually quite different

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirage

the only people who believe in this are libtards. only the US can make it to the moon and that is because the moon and space is not real. this is libtard propoganda

JESUS has risen. SCIENCE is SATAN. Scripture says so. If you do not read it than FUCK YOU

😂😂😂😂😂 I wouldn’t go that far. Geez. I seriously think China should be watched over the next few years. To have the US babbling about how we can’t go back then china just does it is weird. Although I don’t believe we’ve gone AT ALL, I do believe there are reasons behind the show.

I’ll add this. If truth is within us and life itself is within us and we don’t even fully understand man, what is the reason to spend billions on going to the edges of “the void of space”? Makes no sense.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Dude. WHAT IS THE VIDEO TITLED? wow. Atleast you gave a decent example of air acting like fluid. Probably also because it’s more than likely humid. Unfortunately that’s not going to happen at high alt.
The point being, is that there's a well documented scientific explanation for the distortion in air due to heat, just as there is a well documented explanation for the distortion in air that you observe when you look at the moon and the starts through the atmosphere.

If I showed you a video titled "Distortion due to looking through 60 miles of air", would you then accept it because of the DUDE WHAT IS THE VIDEO TITLED reasoning?

Mt%2BKibby%2BMaine.jpg

So odd that the distortion isnt very visible down here where there’s all kinds of stuff in the air outside of certain situations yet in the upper atmosphere where there’s nothing and the air is thinner, there’s all this distortion all of a sudden. So strange. You might wanna check out that wiki link. You might learn something. I did. 🤭

Even with the atmospheric haze which gives things in the distance a bluish tint, its still pretty clear. Kinda makes me wonder actually. When you get to a certain height, it goes from that blue tint to darkness. And it’s really not all that high. There’s no oxygen there is there. Kinda fishy 😏🤔

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Mt%2BKibby%2BMaine.jpg

So odd that the distortion isnt very visible down here where there’s all kinds of stuff in the air outside of certain situations yet in the upper atmosphere where there’s nothing and the air is thinner, there’s all this distortion all of a sudden. So strange. You might wanna check out that wiki link. You might learn something. I did. 🤭
You should probably read up on why telescopes placed high up on mountains have a better time imaging space than telescopes at sea level.

Did you know that Hubble was originally designed to be pointed at earth and not space? 🤭 don’t you find it odd that a Nikon p900 can zoom in on the moon perfectly fine yet they can’t do it the other direction from the moon with all that pristine non atmosphere? 🧐

Last edited:

Novoitus

Banned

It’s actually quite different

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirage

😂😂😂😂😂 I wouldn’t go that far. Geez. I seriously think China should be watched over the next few years. To have the US babbling about how we can’t go back then china just does it is weird. Although I don’t believe we’ve gone AT ALL, I do believe there are reasons behind the show.

I’ll add this. If truth is within us and life itself is within us and we don’t even fully understand man, what is the reason to spend billions on going to the edges of “the void of space”? Makes no sense.

The United States was founded by Jesus Christ, so what you are saying makes sense. Like you, I don't believe foreigners. Next time I see a "foreigner" in public, I will give them a piece of my mind!

The United States was founded by Jesus Christ, so what you are saying makes sense. Like you, I don't believe foreigners. Next time I see a "foreigner" in public, I will give them a piece of my mind!

America actually means land of the plumed serpent. 😱

The “natives” will tell you that this was already here when they got here.

Worms-Serpent-Mound-Ohio-3.jpg

Serpent mound in “Ohio”. We really don’t know the true history of the land we inhabit at all. The Hebrew found in certain places is quite intriguing though.

Last edited:

Novoitus

Banned
America actually means land of the plumed serpent. 😱

The “natives” will tell you that this was already here when they got here.

Worms-Serpent-Mound-Ohio-3.jpg

Serpent mound in “Ohio”
Indeed. Those who refuse to follow Christ deserve every punishment. Either way, this is why I’m voting for Trump again. We need a wall to keep all undesirables out.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Did you know that Hubble was originally designed to be pointed at earth and not space? 🤭 don’t you find it odd that a Nikon p900 can zoom in on the moon perfectly fine yet they can’t do it the other direction from the moon with all that pristine non atmosphere? 🧐
No it wasn't and how is that even a response to what I wrote lol.

Telescopes and spyglasses are pretty much the same thing is all I’m saying. Always have been. You ever contemplate what made people start watching the sky in the first place? It’s almost as if something happened or appeared and made people start paying more attention to “space”. There are BS stories about people in the past being afraid of the moon. You ever see a child cower at the sight of the moon? 😌

Last edited:

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
AngularSaxophone AngularSaxophone There's not really a problem with your opinion. If you think that the Chinese are likely to release information that is false, to legitimise itself as a technological powerhouse or to evidence something as a feat of science, that's your prerogative. However, if you do hold these beliefs then small one line derails are not really sufficient to keep yourself involved honestly in this thread.

Please avoid speaking generally and focus in on your assertions.
Why would they fake this? How could they fool so many independent agencies given the level of sophistication we have in spotting fakes? Has there been any interesting economic moves since the announcement? Have any large contracts been signed internationally with Chinese manufacturers on the back of this? More importantly stay on topic, otherwise we're going to end up talking about ley lines and crystal skulls.

Please avoid speaking generally and focus in on your assertions.
Why would they fake this? How could they fool so many independent agencies given the level of sophistication we have in spotting fakes? Has there been any interesting economic moves since the announcement? Have any large contracts been signed internationally with Chinese manufacturers on the back of this? More importantly stay on topic, otherwise we're going to end up talking about ley lines and crystal skulls.

I was just about to go to bed but I’ll bite on that one. Thanks for the encouragement to voice my opinion. I don’t think it’s something that has or will occur in a short time span. This is just a theory now but I think it’s something that’s been in play for decades at this point.

In the 40s when whatever happened at Rosewell happened, I believe that sparked a change in America. I believe we were given technology at that point that paved the way for computing and various other electronic technologies. If you look at technological advancements over the last couple hundred years, there’s an odd spike between the 40s and today. Because we’re a nation founded with a certain level of morality, things can only go so far. Some say JFK was murdered because he knew too much and was a threat to “progress”.

Because of the way our nation has bloomed, it’s kinda hard to control us. We’re the land of the free, home of the brave and in God we Trust. I believe 9/11 was one last warning and the little morality we have left prevailed. Evil doesn’t have much time. So what do you do? Use a place with a different set of moral values and a people who are hungry for what is considered normal “wealth and power”.

How long has china been known to produce counterfeit everything? I had one of those 250 in 1 nes carts as a kid and growing into an adult have watched pretty much everything become china made. Now they’ve grown. Buying businesses here, homes here, huge plots of land here, not to mention the la times and all the dabbling in Hollywood to put their touch on the propaganda we all happily consume. Someone once told me if you get big fast you either did something illegal or immoral. I just think they’ve been chosen to do what we wouldn’t.

Perhaps the moon was the trophy and this is the reward

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_and_Road_Initiative

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Shit, that got me shook. And you do know that various layers of air, haze and atmosphere density contribute to this, right?

For all your sayings of a flat earth and a non-existent moon as a place, you have yet to showcase a picture of either this supposed dome of water or what the Moon is supposed to be, because clearly, when in the evening i look outside the window i see something that isn't from here.

If I can actually test it for myself, why not? As far as the moon goes, not a single one of us here will ever step foot on it so there is no way for any person outside of a select few to test or disprove it.
But when Chairman Tickles Chairman Tickles provided a picture, your answer is ''Yes you’re going by what you’ve learned of the sky and applying that to what you’re seeing but what you’re told in this case doesn’t match what the eye sees at all unless air is able to behave like liquid.''.

Just like how you are going by a book and applying mental gymnastics to explain away things in hopscotch manners. You would think people would have found a simpler reason by now.

Didn't you say that you didn't had any actual knowledge about these topics but these links you followed were compelling evidence?

Indeed. Those who refuse to follow Christ deserve every punishment. Either way, this is why I’m voting for Trump again. We need a wall to keep all undesirables out.
Obvious troll = Obvious.

Well, thanks for confirming that all your replies to me have been irrelevant and nonsensical, I guess.
Its basically ''America is the centre of the universe because God said so, therefore America is superior and i believe in 4D pancakes. Prove me wrong.''

Alright i am just taking the piss a little bit here, but considering how AngularSaxophone AngularSaxophone didn't address my view regarding his complete belief in his book nor my story about The Missionaries of Charity tells me he isn't really that interested in the first place.

Which, surprise surprise, isn't a surprise.

I wouldn’t call you a liar. I’d ask you when else do you ever see air behave like water does. Yes you’re going by what you’ve learned of the sky and applying that to what you’re seeing but what you’re told in this case doesn’t match what the eye sees at all unless air is able to behave like liquid. Nice pic by the way. That would just confirm to me that the moon indeed is either closer to the surface of the water or can even fully come in and out of it and perhaps that’s where the phases come from. I mean can you tell me why we’re never able to observe the transition of the phases?

Our Biosphere starts in space and extends to the very bottom of the Ocean. It is very much like an Ocean. We are indeed right now in a low density ocean of Carbon Dioxide, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Water vapor, gulping down this mixture into our lungs, just as fish filter water through their gills. Air has the same effect as looking through water, just more subtle as its less dense. What is water? It is just two gases in a more dense form.

Last edited:
Its basically ''America is the centre of the universe because God said so, therefore America is superior and i believe in 4D pancakes. Prove me wrong.''

This isn’t correct though. America isn’t even in the Bible. Did God not send Christ to redeem everyone? Israel is the center of the universe but it’s not the “Israel” over in the Middle East. Believers in Christ are the children of Israel. You can be anywhere in the world and be a part of Israel.

Alright i am just taking the piss a little bit here, but considering how @AngularSaxophone didn't address my view regarding his complete belief in his book nor my story about The Missionaries of Charity tells me he isn't really that interested in the first place.

Ask your aunt where Israel is and I bet she’d tell you it’s that place in the desert. Most missionaries are out there preaching love and rainbows so no I didn’t reply. If you’ve been following all of my post I’m just as harsh on most forms of “Christianity” as I am with science. Check out the Christianity OT in the community forum. I really don’t like churches at all. They don’t mirror any kind of church in scripture. This past month probably 99% of churches had a damn Christmas tree in the lobby which has nothing to do with Christ at all. Churches are about money with a little sprinkling of Jesus on the side. They don’t actually teach you much. Christ sent the Holy Spirit for that.

For all your sayings of a flat earth and a non-existent moon as a place, you have yet to showcase a picture of either this supposed dome of water or what the Moon is supposed to be, because clearly, when in the evening i look outside the window i see something that isn't from here

I never said the moon wasn’t here. I said it wasn’t a place. There is no “dark side” of something that holds much light.

Last edited:

China is second strongest country in the world and they are gunning for first place.

And unlike western democracies they have ability to plan 30 years forward and see it executed.

This is them showing how far they already are and also most likely part of their plan to be major player during space colonisation era.

And considering they created huge sphere of influence in Africa, South America and East Asia in less than 30 years while we were celebrating "end of history" I have little doubt they will be succesfull in it too.

Airola

So this is why Trump has been in talks with China. They've made a deal that China could use the US film studios to fake a moon landing.

Redneckerz

This isn’t correct though. America isn’t even in the Bible. Did God not send Christ to redeem everyone? Israel is the center of the universe but it’s not the “Israel” over in the Middle East. Believers in Christ are the children of Israel. You can be anywhere in the world and be a part of Israel.
You might want to understand that i was talking lightly here.

Ask your aunt where Israel is and I bet she’d tell you it’s that place in the desert.
You don't know anything about my aunt other than what i have told you, so you have zero reason to assume things here.

I told that because the principles she speaks about are universal, so universal that even a non-believer like me appreciates it.

Most missionaries are out there preaching love and rainbows so no I didn’t reply.
Except she does not do that and the fact you throw in such a generalization on a matter i am rather devoted for is just insultive. She works with the poorest of the poor and lives among them, helping them out whenever and wherever.

But yeah all she does is preach love and rainbows. :lollipop_confused:

If you’ve been following all of my post I’m just as harsh on most forms of “Christianity” as I am with science. Check out the Christianity OT in the community forum. I really don’t like churches at all. They don’t mirror any kind of church in scripture. This past month probably 99% of churches had a damn Christmas tree in the lobby which has nothing to do with Christ at all. Churches are about money with a little sprinkling of Jesus on the side. They don’t actually teach you much. Christ sent the Holy Spirit for that.
So what are you then?

I never said the moon wasn’t here. I said it wasn’t a place. There is no “dark side” of something that holds much light.
What is Mons Huygens then? Or better, what is Olympus Mons then?

You do know that as a gravitating body of weight, the moon can block the sun and thus be in shadow, no? Or do we really need to explain how shadows are casted by either natural light or artifical light instead of by Jesus's Divine Hand gesturing ''Alright AngularSaxophone, those without knowledge may not know much, but those who know much may not have much knowledge. Open yourself to other thoughts than My Word.''

Top Bottom