• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China Lands Spacecraft on Far Side of Moon

Are you aware how much you are moving the goalposts? In the rules of proper debate and discourse, you do realize what this means, yes?

Doesn’t mean anything. You’re comparing apples and oranges. 3 cars on a freeway isn’t remotely close to a shuttle, a space station and a satellite maybe hurling around in the vastness of space. No less nonsensical than that Rosetta Stone probe/comet landing a few years back. These guys are literally threading needles in the dark with 100% accuracy at this point.

They are not the govering body of all the space agencies in the world though which was i was referring to. If you don't want to believe NASA, then you ought to believe third parties

You do realize they pretty much birthed modern day space exploration with backing people like capernicus and galleleo right?

If you don't want to believe that either, then you might want to question if doubting literally everything is going to help you out. Because by that stage, you have to doubt everything.

It’s not a matter of doubting everything. It’s a matter of doubting that which can’t be witnessed or proven by myself. I’d call myself a doubting Thomas but Thomas walked with Christ. Not a single person here is ever traveling to space to witness or verify anything.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
China, you fools! Now you're trapped on the far side of the moon.

I'll send them cheesy movies
The worst I can find

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Doesn’t mean anything. You’re comparing apples and oranges. 3 cars on a freeway isn’t remotely close to a shuttle, a space station and a satellite maybe hurling around in the vastness of space. No less nonsensical than that Rosetta Stone probe/comet landing a few years back. These guys are literally threading needles in the dark with 100% accuracy at this point.
No, they're not "literally" threading needles in the dark, they're using the accumulated knowledge of years of trials and errors in air and space flight, combined with technology and math, to be able to coordinate such a difficult task.

It's a very impressive feat of human achievement, like the construction of the pyramids so long ago.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Do you question the images of jet fighters too? They're flying pretty damn fast, and the pictures come out clear too.

250px-F22_Training_Formation.jpg

Wimbledon

At this point, people would literally have to go into space just to see if what they believe is true or not.

I'm not saying don't be skeptical but at some point where do you draw the line. What will make skeptics believe that what that picture shows is the truth?

I just don't fully understand the Skeptics (flat earthers) position i guess.

Last edited:
If the pictures were always true and undoctored there’d be less of a problem. Pretty much everything that comes out of space agencies has been doctored in some manner. When something is true it doesn’t need to be edited and patchworked together. What they do is no different than the people that make their lives out to be glamorous in photos on social media when a picture literally only gives a glimpse of an entire story.

Do you use a GPS?

Sure. There’s evidence that that isn’t what they tell us it is either. Two sides to every coin.

Last edited:

Wimbledon

If the pictures were always true and undoctored there’d be less of a problem. Pretty much everything that comes out of space agencies has been doctored in some manner. When something is true it doesn’t need to be edited and patchworked together.

How do know if it's been doctored ?

If it was doctored , and you happen to see the original picture and it looked exactly like this (minus how clean it looks) what would be your position?

Learn about making panoramas and why they need to be taken with multiple photographs, to understand how misinformed that statement is.

What was that?

How do know if it's been doctored ?

If it was doctored , and you happen to see the original picture and it looked exactly like this (minus how clean it looks) what would be your position?

See Wisdoms post on the last page. They’ve been found to mess with photos on numerous occasions. They claim you can’t get earth in a photo so they patchwork things yet Elon Musk can put a car in space with our great blue marble in the background perfectly fine. It’s just all too inconsistent.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That video shows how a dude isn't educated enough to learn why eyes, optics, film, and digital with different sensor sizes affect a field of view.

What does that have to do with panoramas?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So both his own eyes and old cameras are lying to him and everyone else in the comment section who understands. Sure thing.
You can buy an "old" camera on ebay. Take a picture with it. Use the same focal length lens and a digital camera with a sensor size that is equivalent to the old camera film size and take another picture. The picture looks the same. This is very easy to check for yourself.

julio_grr

So both his own eyes and old cameras are lying to him and everyone else in the comment section who understands. Sure thing.
You did not answer to my question by the way. Do you use a GPS?
EDIT: Sorry, did not see the response in the middle of the thread.
Ok so you don't believe it either. Ok so no need to continue the discussion. The location is probably whispered to your phone by some ghost out of thin air.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
You did not answer to my question by the way. Do you use a GPS?
EDIT: Sorry, did not see the response in the middle of the thread.
Ok so you don't believe it either. Ok so no need to continue the discussion. The location is probably whispered to your phone by some ghost out of thin air.
If people readily admit having no knowledge regarding radiation-hardening but also why we need processors to be that way let alone the concept of redundancy in systems, which, admittely, its really about the details, why should i have expected them to understand the bigger picture.

You can buy an "old" camera on ebay. Take a picture with it. Use the same focal length lens and a digital camera with a sensor size that is equivalent to the old camera film size and take another picture. The picture looks the same. This is very easy to check for yourself.
Bullshit, you know what happens when you look through one of those entertainment telescopes to something like say, the Sun? This:

I can deduce multiple things from this:
  • The sun is hot.
  • Will Smith agrees with this.
  • Will Smith's eyes seem less in agreement over this.
  • The sun is very close to us given how its in view.
  • If a telescope can put the sun this close in view, why can't my Iphone do the same thing?
  • How can the Sun be in a clip on a video streaming site when its literally outside? How can it transport itself from outside to a digital medium?
This is why i can't trust NASA. Did they look through that particular telescope? Did they ask Will Smith? If they did, what was his answer to them in private?

I don't see NASA talking about it, those filthy liars. This is why you should go to the Sun itself and confirm if its hot or not. Everything else is just bullshit.

Last edited:

Porcile

MrTickles (China's NeoGAF spy/saboteur/propagandist) isn't fooling anyone with all dis imagery. #FreeHongKong

I mean china has cozied up with Hollywood over the past few years. Just sayin. That still could have all been filmed anywhere. Doesn’t gravity supposedly work differently on the moon anyway?

Last edited:
A small cotton shoot is growing onboard Chang’e 4 lunar lander, scientists confirm

2800.jpg

A small green shoot is growing on the moon after a cotton seed germinated onboard a Chinese lunar lander, scientists said.

The sprout has emerged from a lattice-like structure inside a canister after the Chang’e 4 lander touched down earlier this month, according to a series of photos released by the Advanced Technology Research Institute at Chongqing University.

“This is the first time humans have done biological growth experiments on the lunar surface,” said Xie Gengxin, who led the design of the experiment, on Tuesday.

Plants have been grown previously on the International Space Station, but this is the first time a seed has sprouted on the moon. The ability to grow plants in space is seen as crucial for long-term space missions and establishing human outposts elsewhere in the solar system, such as Mars.

Source with more info

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I mean china has cozied up with Hollywood over the past few years. Just sayin. That still could have all been filmed anywhere.
Ah since you didn't buy into NASA, because NASA, but now when its a completely different space agency, you are still going to cast doubt? My dude you are gravitating beyond being dense.

Doesn’t gravity supposedly work differently on the moon anyway?
If you don't care about the topic to begin with, then these kinds of disingenous questions just make you look like a dick. I am sure your scriptures have a line stating that asking false questions is not okay, or something similar.

EDIT: Oh lol:

mod edit: scripture screenshots removed and user reply banned from thread
Well then.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm gonna start a business where I grow fruits and vegetables on the moon and then bring them back to earth and sell them for a huge premium. Who wouldn't want to eat a $1M moon carrot? I can imagine some Saudi princes trying to impress women with a $8M plate of moon fries.

I'm gonna start a business where I grow fruits and vegetables on the moon and then bring them back to earth and sell them for a huge premium. Who wouldn't want to eat a $1M moon carrot? I can imagine some Saudi princes trying to impress women with a $8M plate of moon fries.

1200px-Mooncake.jpg

They can literally make a moon cake. I'm sure a Chinese billionaire would buy one. Chookity.

I got you beat, my man

14412_SD_12_Vanilla_100_OR.jpg

Game.
Blouses.

Last edited:
Not much point in arguing with someone that full stop thinks humans never went to the moon. America first went to the moon during the cold war and even Russia confirmed that it did in fact happen. The only way a conspiracy theory holds up is if you think Russia and America are in cahoots and the cold war was a ruse. And if someone is that far down the rabbit whole, you ain't bringing em back in an Internet debate.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It seems like the plant died?

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/01/16/first_moon_plant_dies/

Although the cotton seedling was nurtured with water, natural sunlight, and, apparently, a temperature regulator, it proved no match for the Moon's frigid temperatures, which can drop as low as -170 degrees Celsius (-274 degrees in Freedom units) on the arid satellite. Last week, the Chang’e lander was powered down onto “sleep mode” on Sunday to prepare for the Moon’s lunar night, a phase that lasts 14 days.

“Life in the canister would not survive the lunar night. We had no such experience before. And we could not simulate the lunar environment, such as microgravity and cosmic radiation, on Earth,” explained Xie Gengxin, chief designer of the experiment and a professor at Chongqing University.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
A small cotton shoot is growing onboard Chang’e 4 lunar lander, scientists confirm

2800.jpg

A small green shoot is growing on the moon after a cotton seed germinated onboard a Chinese lunar lander, scientists said.

The sprout has emerged from a lattice-like structure inside a canister after the Chang’e 4 lander touched down earlier this month, according to a series of photos released by the Advanced Technology Research Institute at Chongqing University.

“This is the first time humans have done biological growth experiments on the lunar surface,” said Xie Gengxin, who led the design of the experiment, on Tuesday.

Plants have been grown previously on the International Space Station, but this is the first time a seed has sprouted on the moon. The ability to grow plants in space is seen as crucial for long-term space missions and establishing human outposts elsewhere in the solar system, such as Mars.

Source with more info

Man this is so cool. Go CHINA!!!

Plants can't even survive for long in <0 temps. The temp regulator couldn't handle the moon's -170 antics. Heat was being provided by a passive radioactive source, but the cold overpowered the output.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Plants can't even survive for long in <0 temps. The temp regulator couldn't handle the moon's -170 antics. Heat was being provided by a passive radioactive source, but the cold overpowered the output.
I honestly think China knew they couldn't keep it heated properly. They just probably did this mainly to be "the first" in something on the moon.

Top Bottom