• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion China supports Trump reelection rather than Sleepy Biden?

longdi

Ni hao ma, fellow kids?
Jun 7, 2004
What do you guys think?
Trump self-serving republicans with all their fire but no results? :messenger_weary:
Or dementia Biden but at least anchoring by a more progressive Dems?
Income inequality is rising no?
Look at the stocks markets driven by shares backbuys.

the editor in chief of the Global Times, Hu Xijin, who is always on alert on twitter, was quick to respond to Trump with the following tweet, which also received permission from "the top":

Kreios

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
From the majority of my interactions with chinese citizens, they don’t like Trump at all. On the other hand, they really liked Obama. Hmmm, I wonder why....Probably because Obama straight up improved their economy, and also helped a bunch of them go into the US with lax visa requirements, which further encouraged IP theft

Last edited:

Plague Doctor

Mar 23, 2015
So now he's a puppet of both Russia and China but also trying to get into war with the latter? I need an infographic and spreadsheet to figure out the media's consolidated take on who's fucking with the usa and how they are doing it though trump. Their stories change daily lately with this country is the real mastermind behind Trump.

So how about this? Trump is not evil, the devil, literal hitler, an asset for our enemies, a dictator, literally murdering 'us' in the streets, klan member, etc.

He's just a brash reality tv personality and billionaire that became president who runs his mouth off on twitter. Hell, he was a huge democratic donor for most of his life until he realized he couldn't run as a Dem. He fucks up sometimes, and then he does populist things. Some shit is dumb, some shit is meh, and his base loves him for most shit he does. If you aren't his base, then he is an unremarkable Republican president. (I will concede to the Right side of Gaf that Trump is far better than Bush because of Dubya push for a survelliance state and getting us into a war for oil on false pretenses. Trump hasn't pulled that shit. So yeah, Trump > Dubya for me.)

Instead of these dumb ass and hyperbolic claims to make him a cartoonish bond villain backed by China, democrats and their allies in the press could... now follow me here... push for a better candidate with a better and clear plan for America.

Preferably one that doesn't make women uncomfortable in photo ops and isn't fucking senile. Seriously, if you are telling me Biden is the best they have, the party is lost.

This is a fucking crazy proposition, I know. Dems could just run a good candidate with a popular platform that works for everyone and not the fringe left they are pandering to. They could stop trying to censor and deplatform anyone that disagrees with their latest narrative. These are crazy things I am asking for.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
Trump is right about China taking advantage of the US, and he is maybe the only person in the world who had a big enough ballsack to do something about it (ie run for president of the US and win).

Conservatives have been trying to point the situation out for at least a decade, but no one managed to do anything about it until Trump came along and took a big shit in everyone’s mouth.

Pat Buchanan summed it up in the China chapter of this book, which got him fired from his show on MSNBC:

His conversation about China begins around 26:00:

Last edited:

longdi

Ni hao ma, fellow kids?
Jun 7, 2004
Trump is right about China taking advantage of the US, and he is maybe the only person in the world who had a big enough ballsack to do something about it (ie run for president of the US and win).

Conservatives have been trying to point the situation out for at least a decade, but no one managed to do anything about it until Trump came along and took a big shit in everyone’s mouth.

Pat Buchanan summed it up in the China chapter of this book, which got him fired from his show on MSNBC:

His conversation about China begins around 26:00:

But did Trump really do anything worthwhile besides manipulating the stock markets with the 'war' on China? 🤷‍♀️

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
honestly im sick of trying to imagine what other countries are thinking.

i really could care less who China wants. as if that's even a valid question. you would think if a global megapower had a hand in elections, they would be pulling strings on both sides.

maybe im just sick of the Russiagate paranoia. sounds like another opportunity to not discuss domestic policies and handwave that away with baseless conspiracy.

im an American voter. all i require of politicians is: TELL ME WHAT YOU WILL DO FOR ME.

Dargor

Sep 5, 2013
But did Trump really do anything worthwhile besides manipulating the stock markets with the 'war' on China? 🤷‍♀️
Here comrade:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/foreign-trade/india-looks-to-lure-more-than-1000-american-companies-out-of-china/articleshow/75595400.cms?from=mdr

"India looks to lure more than 1,000 American companies out of China"

FIrst Paragraph: "India is seeking to lure U.S. businesses, including medical devices giant Abbott Laboratories, to relocate from China as President Donald Trump’s administration steps up efforts to blame Beijing for its role in the coronavirus pandemic."

What does this sounds like?

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Why is China still bullshitting about their cases? They said they had like 10 cases the past week or more, but they are locking down various provinces and there are reports of the virus in Shanhai. Come on man there is no way they have only a handful of cases when there is pretty much a "2nd" wave going on right now.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

longdi

Ni hao ma, fellow kids?
Jun 7, 2004
Here comrade:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/foreign-trade/india-looks-to-lure-more-than-1000-american-companies-out-of-china/articleshow/75595400.cms?from=mdr

"India looks to lure more than 1,000 American companies out of China"

FIrst Paragraph: "India is seeking to lure U.S. businesses, including medical devices giant Abbott Laboratories, to relocate from China as President Donald Trump’s administration steps up efforts to blame Beijing for its role in the coronavirus pandemic."

What does this sounds like?
The problem is India is a hell-hole, the indians there do not descent from a homogeneous core.
Very fragmented with different groups.

• Thoughtful

Dargor

Sep 5, 2013
The problem is India is a hell-hole, the indians there do not descent from a homogeneous core.
Very well comrade, it has nothing to do with what I posted, great deflection, just like the programming mandates. Heres 100 thousand social scoring points, you're gonna go places, very high places, just keep following your orders.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
China speaks mainly 1 homogenoeous language. /MGSV
A quick wiki search shows that India's primary language is spoken by "only" 78% of the population whereas China's primary language is spoken by 92%. I don't see that as a significant difference. Let's not act like what we currently call 'China' has actually been unified along these same territorial and cultural lines for very much time.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
A quick wiki search shows that India's primary language is spoken by "only" 78% of the population whereas China's primary language is spoken by 92%. I don't see that as a significant difference. Let's not act like what we currently call 'China' has actually been unified along these same territorial and cultural lines for very much time.
Dont worry CCP will find a way to get rid of that other 8%. They are working on it with Uighyrs and Fallon Gong.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
They need some Chinese advisors to teach them how to reeducate the minorities and put them to work in the factory cities, right?

GTFO of here with that shit.

• Fire

Tell_men

Apr 13, 2020
China believes that in order to protect itself, it must control others. That includes the US, Russia, Australia, and all of Asia. And the Mideast.

For clarification: 9/11 was the catalyst. Read it either on AP or Reuters. After that happened, China didn’t want the same to happen to them, thus the detaining of Muslims in the country, thus their military buildup in the seas, and their aggressive push to install officials that can offer them access to monitor civilians overseas and in neighboring countries.

Last edited: