• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinajoy 2015 |OT| All PlayStation + Xbox news from Shanghai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Firefall PC was not bad. Had a huge amount of changes over the years. Nothing like Titanfall.

Hopefully they have improved performance and made the game a little less tedious for PS4 owners.

ZhugeEX

Banned

Allow me to show you the light -

11755725_917935828229073_5424988837292081601_n.jpg

11796235_917935718229084_2702972821166190624_n.jpg

11794597_917935541562435_7150940585805876128_o.jpg

ZhugeEX

Banned
Yes, and the show isn't good enough.

They literally just went on stage and said that overseas players have spent more than 55 billion hours playing Halo so we're sure you'll love it guyz.

Then they walked off.

I'm not even kidding.

Oh yeh, and then they gave an award to a chinese player for getting a high gamerscore. But it turns out he cheated...

Stanng243

They literally just went on stage and said that overseas players have spent more than 55 billion hours playing Halo so we're sure you'll love it guyz.

Then they walked off.

I'm not even kidding.

Oh yeh, and then they gave an award to a chinese player for getting a high gamerscore. But it turns out he cheated...

That seems a little disrespectful to Chinese gamers, and not a good way to promote your brand.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Here are some more pictures and details

Phil Spencer checks out PS Booth

KTjmlnH.jpg

l7XXvaj.jpg

FQVS0lH.jpg

st1KJu1.jpg

ozyKFoZ.jpg

29yL30p.jpg

Sony now has more than 100 developers supporting them in China and are hoping to get more Chinese games on PS4 + release them worldwide. Sony are grateful for the way PS4 has been received and happy with performance in China so far.

Some games at the conference are launching this year in winter. Others are 2016.

jayu26

Then they walked off.

I'm not even kidding.

This is exaggeration of what they actually did right? because wow...

kyser73

So, Playstation has a bunch of Asian games for Asian markets while Xbox has Halo and Forza? Gee...

I remember seeing a post about Sony and its attitude to localisation going back to the PS2 days, and how one of the ways they engendered, and maintained, loyalty in the EU during the PS3 era was down to being able to use the extra capacity of BD to include more languages, whereas MS were stuck with DVD and their smaller capacity.

I think Sony understand that when trying to break a new market you have to play well with the locals.

Shengar

Really? What kind of Chinese indie games you are looking for?
This is the first time I heard about the, so to be honest I don't really know what kind of indie games the Chinese have. What got me excited is to see what kind of games they can make by not bogged down with F2P model.

Gskyace

This is the first time I heard about the, so to be honest I don't really know what kind of indie games the Chinese have. What got me excited is to see what kind of games they can make by not bogged down with F2P model.

There is actually indie events in China, more and more, better and better. :D

Gskyace

During Halo Night event on 29th July in Shanghai before Chinajoy, Xbox China announced Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be released on August 13th in China for 249RMB. Chinese edition will have simplified Chinese subtitle, while Chinese voice is not available yet and players can play online game only with local Chinese players.

On 31st of July, Xbox China has just launched a kickstart project on Chinese online seller JD, to make a China special collector edition of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One.
This Kickstart project aims to collect 500 thousand yuan in a month, and it has reached 1/10 in the first day.

0RMB (Unlimited)
Supporters don't pay anything and nothing return from the project.

1RMB (limited to 20000)
One Halo: The Master Chief Collection China special Xbox One bundle will be drew every 5000 people. (If less than 5000, one will still be drew.)

249RMB(limited to 1000)
  • 1 x One standard Halo: The Master Chief Collection game.

399RMB(limited to 10 every working day)
  • + 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller stand.
  • + 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller steel case.

699RMB(limited to 1000)
  • 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller stand.
  • 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller steel case.
  • + 1 x Normal Xbox One controller.
  • + 2 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One controller thumb grips.

2999RMB(limited to 1000)
  • 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller stand.
  • 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller steel case.
  • 1 x Normal Xbox One controller.
  • 2 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One controller thumb grips.
  • + 1 x Normal Xbox One without Kinect
  • + 1 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One sticker.

29999RMB(limited to 100)
Everything you get for 2999RMB, you get 10 sets.
  • 10 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller stand.
  • 10 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection controller steel case.
  • 10 x Normal Xbox One controller.
  • 10 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One controller thumb grips.
  • 10 x Normal Xbox One without Kinect
  • 10 x Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One sticker.

60ade0f3jw1eum6rvtvwmj20hn1v2aks.jpg

During Halo Night event on 29th July in Shanghai before Chinajoy, Xbox China announced Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be released on August 13th in China for 249RMB. Chinese edition will have simplified Chinese subtitle, while Chinese voice is not available yet and players can play online game only with local Chinese players.

That... that can't be good for matchmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom