• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#ChinaLiedPeopleDied.... is this hashtag racist?

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
You have a good point. China don't care.

Why should we?
We shouldn't. It also applies to more countries than just China. We are the only people in the world that act this way. That is, we are the only people who put ideals ahead of pragmatism.

You think other countries, which are often more homogenous because they reject multiculturalism, care if you think they are racist? Fuck no. They don't care at all. It doesn't phase them one bit. Yet in the West, being called a racist is seen as something to be ashamed of. It's only racist if whites do it. Browns, blacks? Nope. They're protecting their culture and their people, and you are the racist if you point out the hypocrisy.

Other countries take advantage of this progressive mindset, as do many so called progressives who use the term as a tool to deplatform and shutdown their competitors.

So, yeah. We should absolutely be selfish assholes in the face of an authoritarian communist shithole like China. They are 100% to blame for this and the United States in particular, should do everything it can to punish them for it. That's not even bringing up how they tried to blame us for this pandemic. Because God forbid they have to take any kind of responsibility. Nothing but a paper dragon and every Chinese person knows it.

Fuck China. Fuck Xi Jinping.

Turnt

Jul 21, 2018
Yes, it's because I don't know how to engage with the criticisms of Trump. That is why I asked you to explain your mind-reading assumptions.

You couldn't make it easier if you tried. Shove your TDS and laugh with us. You seem hung up on your headcanon theory that Trump was "deflecting" when in fact the media was calling it "chinese" awhile back.

Or you can keep blathering. Don't let truth get in the way of a good narrative, as they say.
I explained why I thought what I thought. If my explanation wasn't good enough then apologies for that. I'm fucking shattered after work so I'm probably doing a piss poor job of explaining myself. But you also can't just dismiss every criticism of Trump as TDS. We should be able to be critical of everyone. Trump has done good and he's done bad.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
#FreeBrap
I explained why I thought what I thought. If my explanation wasn't good enough then apologies for that. I'm fucking shattered after work so I'm probably doing a piss poor job of explaining myself. But you also can't just dismiss every criticism of Trump as TDS. We should be able to be critical of everyone. Trump has done good and he's done bad.
The moral of The Boy Who Cried Wolf was that the boy was at fault for lying abusing the trust of the villagers.

Turnt

Jul 21, 2018
The moral of The Boy Who Cried Wolf was that the boy was at fault for lying abusing the trust of the villagers.
For sure. People criticising every single thing Trump says or does (or how he likes his ice cream) has numbed a large portion of the public. So now if he slips up in a meaningful way the crticism of that is shrugged off by a lot of people because there's already been so much meaningless criticism of him.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
No apologies needed, except an apology for your explanations, which are just a deflection for your desire to blame Trump. ;)

See my point yet? No reason to go in circles. I agree that we should be critical of those who are responsible for damage. Trump isn't getting away with anything. He's calling out propaganda from the regime responsible for the outbreak. Trying to read his motives as if he's secretly attempting to deflect from his mistakes is a pretty far stretch, and no, that doesn't mean that I'm trying to "dismiss every criticism of Trump as TDS".

Turnt

Jul 21, 2018
No apologies needed, except an apology for your explanations, which are just a deflection for your desire to blame Trump. ;)

See my point yet? No reason to go in circles. I agree that we should be critical of those who are responsible for damage. Trump isn't getting away with anything. He's calling out propaganda from the regime responsible for the outbreak. Trying to read his motives as if he's secretly attempting to deflect from his mistakes is a pretty far stretch, and no, that doesn't mean that I'm trying to "dismiss every criticism of Trump as TDS".
Already did, still not reading those posts? ;)

pennythots

May 14, 2019
China should be in some way held responsible for when this dries up. If nothing else, wet markets should be banned.

Regardless they cannot be blamed that the entire world is completely unprepared for a pandemic. If we can weather this storm and set up safeguards for the next pandemic so things don't get out of hand as quickly then we can look back during this timeframe as a period of great regret, but not the beginning of the end. The time to close borders, to practice social distance, to stimulate the economy was at least a month ago, if not longer. Drop the reliance on globalism so we can become more self-sufficient and not bring our local and national economies to a halt.

Reactions: 12Goblins

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
China should be in some way held responsible for when this dries up. If nothing else, wet markets should be banned.

Regardless they cannot be blamed that the entire world is completely unprepared for a pandemic. If we can weather this storm and set up safeguards for the next pandemic so things don't get out of hand as quickly then we can look back during this timeframe as a period of great regret, but not the beginning of the end. The time to close borders, to practice social distance, to stimulate the economy was at least a month ago, if not longer. Drop the reliance on globalism so we can become more self-sufficient and not bring our local and national economies to a halt.
I think they will be. Most everyone I've talked to outside of this forum thinks they're fucking villains and have for some time. Remember all the people at the olympics wearing masks? Remember them selling formaldehyde laden flooring? Remember them allowing intellectual property theft? This is different though -- because now they've fucking pissed off the world. They're fucked. No one is going to want to work with them.

I also think we are seeing the beginning of the end of a long period of globalism, and that's a good thing imo. We shouldn't be dealing with fucking evil commies and then act surprised when they bend us over and fuck us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
#FreeBrap
That was the idea. That's why they let it spread and lied to everyone in the beginning. They didn't want to be the only country, and the only economy, affected by this virus.
I don’t think you understand the Chinese culture that well then. This wasn’t some grand economic scheme. It was done purely to attempt to cover up and save face.

Reactions: Arkam

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Well when the dust has settled on this China will become the laughing stock of the world. We will never forget this in our lifetimes.
Um the media is doing the best to make sure you forget. Thats why they can't banging on Trump about being "racist" (because thats the only attack their NPC brains know) for calling it the China Virus.

give it a few months on posters on RetardERA will be talking about how Trump released the virus to prevent Bernie from winning the primaries and to suppress minorities from voting.

We need to make sure no one forgets. If it was up to the SJW's they would find a way to blame this on the "West" and make China out to be the hero in the story rather than the villian.

GamingKaiju

Oct 24, 2014
No absolutely not. This isn’t about the people of China this about the government. The CCP will face very harsh criticism and will probably face companies leaving China following the recent events.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
I don’t think you understand the Chinese culture that well then. This wasn’t some grand economic scheme. It was done purely to attempt to cover up and save face.
Of course I don't know their culture. I'm not Chinese and I don't live in China, thank Christ.

I didn't say it was some grand economic scheme. It was done to cover up and save face. We are in agreement. I just think the economy played a role. They wanted every other country in the world to be affected as well. The extent to which that is the case can be debated, I suppose.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
“US coronavirus”

“Why you calling it Chinese Coronavirus you fascist?”

Anyone who still believes that Chinese money hasn’t controlled US media for years now is a blind fool who is behind redemption.
I agree. This whole thing has made me more aware of our vulnerabilities and the consequences of globalization.

SLoWMoTIoN

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
OP put up a poll.
I do notice that most of those who claim this is racism against Chinese people routinely call Americans fat, stupid, disgusting and lazy.
Americans aren't a race. You are thinking of Anti-Americanism I think.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
China
Should probably play nice and beg the CCP for more test kits. Clearly Trump can't help you. Stealing them from italy is not a good look; this childish tantrum won't halt the spread. You're all emulating the liberal reeesters back in 2016. Twitter campaigns wont save you now.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Should probably play nice and beg china for more test kits. Stealing them from italy is not a good look; this childish tantrum won't halt the spread. You're all emulating the liberal reeesters back in 2016.
You seem really desperate to frame a situation that we can all plainly see for ourselves.

But keep hopping from thread to thread with your disinformation. Please! I want even more GAFers to see what a shill you are.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Should probably play nice and beg china for more test kits. Stealing them from italy is not a good look; this childish tantrum won't halt the spread. You're all emulating the liberal reeesters back in 2016.
You tried this b.s. talking point in two threads now. It won't work.

People aren't going to forget that this started in China, and we won't forget how you tried to downplay this at first.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
OP put up a poll.

Americans aren't a race. You are thinking of Anti-Americanism I think.
Chinese isn't a race either. It's a collection of a wide number of ethnicities under a totalitarian government, a lot of which hate each other.

Arkage

Sep 25, 2012
LIL SNARKY ARKY

I been missin u bro

How u been?

How are the inner city keeeeeds?
I don't come here much. I've already spent too many good years of my life uselessly debating people online so I can only bother with short snarky sentences these days. Especially in forum in which 1 out of every 2 replies will be a 4chan meme response. Not sure how the kids are as school's been cancelled for two weeks, likely more. But damn I'm catching up on my videogame backlog :D

The masks are slipping at a breakneck pace. When things are settled and we get back to normal, don't forget whose slipped and who scrambled to put theirs back on. Leeches can only survive and thrive with society's permission.
Lmao the thread wouldn't be complete without a Dunpachi Prophecy proclaiming his superiority over leeches :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: matt404au

llien

Feb 1, 2017
Nothing racist about it per se, but it will be used against literally more than a billion of ordinary Chinese who have done nothing wrong.

I think it's not only China that made mistakes.
Next time crap like that comes, I'm sure countries will react with shutting down borders much quicker (and connections to the infected country even more so)