Chinese Chicken Fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2006
new hampshire
So I was hoping to get some input from you guys about these little beauties

My friend is claiming that he can only find these wonderful things at Chinese restaurants in the New England area, and I was wondering if anyone elsewhere was familiar with them? They're my absolute favorite at your average Chinese place and I would greatly miss them when I move away.

Also no need to chime in about how its not authentic Chinese food, I hear enough of that from my half Chinese girlfriend.

Jul 18, 2007
funkmastergeneral said:
So I was hoping to get some input from you guys about these little beauties

My friend is claiming that he can only find these wonderful things at Chinese restaurants in the New England area, and I was wondering if anyone elsewhere was familiar with them? They're my absolute favorite at your average Chinese place and I would greatly miss them when I move away.

Also no need to chime in about how its not authentic Chinese food, I hear enough of that from my half Chinese girlfriend.
Just seemed funny...

Nov 19, 2004
Yes, that is the traditional style in the Massachusetts area.

The Fall River style chow mein is also different and in the south coast area only really.

Mar 1, 2008
funkmastergeneral said:
Fantastic news! So I can move away to an area with a superior climate and still enjoy my favorite heart destroying fatty foods.
Yeah, but they tend to be dry here (I don't know about the ones you got). That's why you eat them with the sauce, makes them much better.

Jan 27, 2008
www.last.fm
YagizY said:
They have this at every chinese buffet in America ever.
Ferrio said:
extremely common.
InfiniteNine said:
I see these at pretty much every Chinese place I go. I imagine you can find them at most places.
TestOfTide said:
wait. this shit isn't in american chinese restaurants everywhere?
InfiniteNine said:
I see these at pretty much every Chinese place I go.

What the hell? I am Chinese and I have never seen anything like this bastardized dish in my entire life. Then again, I live in the SF bay area and we have a large Chinese population and there are plenty of options for authentic Chinese food. So if you must have these make sure you move to a place where there aren't a lot of Chinese people.

Bboy AJ

My parents were murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Dec 17, 2004
Suzaku said:
What the hell? I am Chinese and I have never seen anything like this bastardized dish in my entire life. Then again, I live in the SF bay area and we have a large Chinese population and there are plenty of options for authentic Chinese food. So if you must have these make sure you move to a place where there aren't a lot of Chinese people.
Rubbish. I encountered this sweet and sour chicken in the Sunset area all the time.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Jul 22, 2009
Suzaku said:
In the area I'm in there are TONS of Chinese people here. We even have a Chinese sign advertising our apartment complex outside, and the competing one nearby also has a sign in Chinese. There are a few restaurants nearby as well which serve this.

Jun 9, 2004
KALIFORRRNIA
Suzaku said:
I've seen them in China town in LA.

Bboy AJ

My parents were murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Dec 17, 2004
Suzaku said:
Where??? At panda express?
Nope. Plenty of mom and pop chinese places serve more authentic chinese cuisine and also do the Americanized stuff, too. Fantastic stuff.

Technosteve

Oct 7, 2007
they got that at every chinese buffet, i like going to the high class chinese buffets that got sea food. It's like a deathmatch at the snow crab legs and stir fried lobster bins

Dice

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2004
Chinese donuts are NOT churros! WTF man...

Also, sweet & sour chicken without the sauce is incredibly bland and greasy. How could you eat it plain?

Jan 27, 2008
www.last.fm
Bboy AJ said:
Nope. Plenty of mom and pop chinese places serve more authentic chinese cuisine and also do the Americanized stuff, too. Fantastic stuff.
I swear in all my years I've never seen them even once. My cousin's Chinese restaurant did not serve these. None of my family or friends have ever ordered it. Please tell me the name of one place in the Sunset that has these and I will make it a point to go out and try one these puffy curiosities, authentic or not. And after that I'll probably go get some San Tung wings.

Feb 13, 2009
Dice said:
Chinese donuts are NOT churros! WTF man...

Also, sweet & sour chicken without the sauce is incredibly bland and greasy. How could you eat it plain?
I said the image reminded me of Churros. :lol

I did go look it up and Wikipedia says Churros were derived from these?

Status
Not open for further replies.