• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese Digital Music Corporation Turtle Coast Reports The Xbox One Has Sold 50 Million Units Worldwide.

Seems that a Chinese digital music partner in China has reported that the Xbox One has sold 50 million units in an earnings call.

It's not the Xbox 360, but I think that's a pretty good number when you look at their launch controversy while costing $500 for an entire year. Not the 360, not the Wii U, but a respectable number. I hope Microsoft takes what they have learned and makes absolutely sure that they won't make another boneheaded mistake when they announce the Series X in April.

Translation below:

This generation of console war is about to end, PS4 sales have exceeded 102.8 million. However, Microsoft, the main competitor, has never announced sales of the Xbox One. According to the well-known digital music supporting hardware manufacturer Turtle Coast in the earnings call, the Xbox One has only half of the PS4 sales and only 50 million units.

Better than the OG Xbox but far behind the Xbox 360 in sales. Should be interesting how Series X will perform in the coming years but I get the feeling MS will do better on 9th gen.

a Chinese digital music partner in China
digital music supporting hardware manufacturer Turtle Coast in the earnings cal

lol?

A recent Turtle Beach earnings call for this quarter has given the total of Xbox One sales as having reached 50 million, around half as much as the number of Playstation 4 sales that Sony has come up with since the console released. Turtle Beach is a company that makes gaming headsets.
3f2dcfc374f40db3d0497930318d9755.gif

Only way I see Xbox winning next gen is if they make Minecraft console exclusive. Or if Sony bundles PS5 with VR2 making the price 200$ more expensive than XSX. Unless something drastic happens a good chunk of PS4 players are automatically going to buy a PS5, a good chunk of XBO players are automatically going to buy a XSX; but one of those chunks is 50% smaller.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The expectations for the Xbox Series X (Xbox 4) are minimal it's identity are it's exclusives and now you can get those on PC through Gamepass.

Good times:
Official Chinese Outlet Saowen has reported that the Xbox One has sold 70 million consoles. Saowen is a premiere Tech & Programming firm with numerous locations and vicinity.

wolffy71

Banned
Xbox is so far behind thats its almost impossible for them to ever take the lead in consoles. They will never win some foreign markets. The U.S. is doable perhaps but pretty much all of asia will never be

Ten_Fold

Damn not even close to 360 sales. If it hit at least 70m or 80m that would've been pretty impressive. Microsoft isn't gonna win next gen either I'm sure they know but at least they should focus on closing that gap.

wolffy71

Banned
I think Microsoft themselves realizes that which is why they’re transitioning into services instead.
Doubtful because they dont need to pass sony. Just like Toyota Chevy Bmw, etc, theres room for pc sony ms and nintendo already and they expect the market to grow further still.

Virex

Banned
That's very detrimental given those 50 million Blu-Ray drives in every Xbox One. Blu-Ray is very detrimental

Virex

Banned
The fact that obvious trolls (who have been banned before) are still allowed to make threads is one of the main reasons this place is fucking shit these days.
There area lot of shit to very tier thread lately. I'm inclined to agree with you

JaffeLion

Banned
Good times:

and we are done here.
@Mods? Please close this garbage thread. We shouldn’t give clicks to untrustworthy sources

JaffeLion

Banned
So those 2:1 predictions people were making at the start of the gen were right in the money.
Again, the number is wrong. Do you really believe a Chinese no name site?

I think Microsoft themselves realizes that which is why they’re transitioning into services instead.

well, Sony does exactly the same though. Thanks to glorious new SIE Boss: Jim Ryan

you can read it here: https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/irday/pdf/2019/GNS_E.pdf

Now imagine if Phil had not come along ditched Kinect and introduced the S and the X and backwards compatability. Makes you realise just how badly they screwed up the start of this generation.

Top Bottom