• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese Saowen: PS4 has ship (now sold) over 70 million Consoles (report)

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Fucking lol. Don't know what else to say to this.

To cause mischief. So they can cry "Sony gaf don't like it. See? I told you!"

I still firmly believe he's mad597, but whatever.

Or, as we've seen in plenty other threads, plain arrogant and stupid.

Comedy.

Thank you, that was great.

But they're not positive Xbox news. They're laughably false news. In fact it makes anyone who even thought in the slightest it might be true look desperate. Just some common sense to be used here please. And your first post screams adding fuel to fire dude.

You guys always cry about Sony fanboys this and that, when in all honesty you make posts that make you look patheticly worse. You're always there first to throw out the Sony fanboys and Sony gaf card. Seems to me you always want to make sure everyone knows this is Sony gaf before starting a proper conversation, which of course never happens because of how it started. It's all stupid.

You have weird logic my friend.
Lemme go in on this post real quick, breh....First, This place is labeled SONYGAF for VERY GOOD reason. I dont think this needs to be said at all.

Before you read the full article, I can GUARANTEE you checked because you were in disbelief and there was the potential that "maybe" it could be true. If you were 100% certain they were false, why did you check to begin with?

And...my logic is weird because I said that if the article read, "Xbox sells @ 27.5 million" most here would probably run with those stats and wouldnt doubt it, even if the numbers were just as wrong as the ones in the OP?

....Okay?

Doesnt make what I said any less true.

The thread, when actually translated, is saying the Xbox One is being embarrassed by how badly PS4 is outselling it.

How does that constitute as "positive Xbox news"?

At first it was misinterpreted as positive news, which meant he knew you and others would quickly come into to correct. Then get back into your comfort zones and turn it back into negative talk.

This thread has nothing more to offer.

onQ123

The thread, when actually translated, is saying the Xbox One is being embarrassed by how badly PS4 is outselling it.

How does that constitute as "positive Xbox news"?

"But if it would have been real you would have totally been upset so we win the imaginary war dude just admit it" lol

Vawn

Banned
At first it was misinterpreted as positive news, which meant he knew you and others would quickly come into to correct. Then get back into your comfort zones and turn it back into negative talk.

This thread has nothing more to offer.

The only person misinterpreting was the OP and a couple of the local hardcore Xbox fans.

Everyone else who has been paying attention knew the OP's claim wasn't even close to accurate. Your platform of choice has no bearing on calling stuff like that out.

AlexxKidd

What's funny is that if the article was to say, "Xbox sold 27.5 million consoles" a few here would take that information and run with it without question. It'd be taken as fact.

Taken as fact is a strong statement, but it certainly would have been taken a lot more seriously because its a lot closer to the estimates than 70 million.

The more correct analogy would be a thread titled 'Xbox One has sold $5M units.' That would have also drawn out people to dispute it on the opposite side because saying they've only sold $5M units is equal in stupidity to saying they sold $70M.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Lemme go in on this post real quick, breh....First, This place is labeled SONYGAF for VERY GOOD reason. I dont think this needs to be said at all.

Before you read the full article, I can GUARANTEE you checked because you were in disbelief and there was the potential that "maybe" it could be true. If you were 100% certain they were false, why did you check to begin with?

And...my logic is weird because I said that if the article read, "Xbox sells @ 27.5 million" most here would probably run with those stats and wouldnt doubt it, even if the numbers were just as wrong as the ones in the OP?

....Okay?

Doesnt make what I said any less true.

Oh... it is one of those astroturfy ones where you can throw a baseless accusation of bias to the entire forum and call it a self evident fact you do not want to diminish/insult by presenting actual evidence ;)... ok...

The only person misinterpreting was the OP and a couple of the local hardcore Xbox fans.

Everyone else who has been paying attention knew the OP's claim wasn't even close to accurate. Your platform of choice has no bearing on calling stuff like that out.

Glad to see all of my comments thus far in this thread have been accurate.

Foxbat

Banned
I gotta say. There's a few here who are proving Gavon West right.

His original point was that while the OP was likely wrong, that the Sony fanboys would be along shortly to do what fanboys do.

The OP was found out on page two, and Evilore took action at 6pm on Friday.

The fact that this thread hasn't moved off the first page, is still regularly getting posts, and is now on page 5 on Sunday night just really confirms Gavon's point.

Let it go people.

Vawn

Banned

His original point was that while the OP was likely wrong, that the Sony fanboys would be along shortly to do what fanboys do.

The fact that this thread hasn't moved off the first page, is still regularly getting posts, and is now on page 5 on Sunday night just really confirms Gavon's point.

Let it go people.

Maybe I'll create a thread saying PS4 software sales are out selling Xbox One software sales 50 to 1. Then, I'll say, "oh, I bet the Xbox fanboys will dispute this because they hate Sony".

Then, they can either accept my lie or "prove my point". Either way, I (and, I guess, Sony) win.

Last edited:
Maybe I'll create a thread saying PS4 software sales are out selling Xbox One software sales 50 to 1. Then, I'll say, "oh, I bet the Xbox fanboys will dispute this because they hate Sony".

Then, they can either accept my lie or "prove my point". Either way, I (and, I guess, Sony) win.

Every response is just proving him correct.

Foxbat

Banned

They can accept your lie, or prove your point. After they do one or the other, I doubt they would still be posting in that thread continuously days afterwards.

bitbydeath

Let it go people.

Shit posting should still be pointed out I don’t care what side of the fence they are on, how else will people like Gavin learn to write better?

Last edited:

Foxbat

Banned
Shit posting should still be pointed out I don’t care what side of the fence they are on, how else will people like Gavin learn to write better?

Exactly. Everyone continuing to post here going back and forth only proves his point, and encourages him. Lol

thelastword

Banned
lol. AMD, the chip provider literally said that they gave microsoft around 37-40 million chips. microsoft isn't going to invest chips

PSR sold 86 million by now. and AMD sold sony around 99 million Chips.

how do these articles make it more than 5 minutes? its a garbage troll post.
So if this is the information from the chip manufacturer, it makes sense some of the figures we got recently for MS.......If AMD only gave MS 37-40 million chips, there's no way they've sold 37-40 million consoles....Just like the manufacturer gave Sony 99 million chips and they are at 86 million.....The only caveat being, that we can't do a similar deduction in Sony's case (99-86) for MS because PS is selling much better than XBOX worldwide......So as I've said before, there's reason why MS has not been forthcoming with figures, like a candle "under a bushel"...Not the measurement for dry goods I assure you....:messenger_smirking:

Vawn

Banned
So as I've said before, there's reason why MS has not been forthcoming with figures, like a candle "under a bushel"...Not the measurement for dry goods I assure you....:messenger_smirking:

But others on here told me the reason Microsoft doesn't release sales numbers anymore is because they committed to not releasing them. I forget why, but I think its because they don't mean anything anymore.

I guess what matters is the number of skeletons killed or total number of teabags served in online matches.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
But others on here told me the reason Microsoft doesn't release sales numbers anymore is because they committed to not releasing them. I forget why, but I think its because they don't mean anything anymore.

I guess what matters is the number of skeletons killed or total number of teabags served in online matches.
Yeah, Kraken limbs and teabag counts seems to be all the rage these days, I can never understand why these are more important metrics than actual sales as some have suggested, but I guess you learn something everyday ;)

Lol, you two just don't know when to quit.

demigod

MS only releases numbers when it favors them. Just like when they win a month on NPD, you will hear all their execs tweet about it.

Kerotan

Xbox I'd estimate will hit 40m during this holiday. Ps4 has definitely outsold it by over 2:1 WW. This report is nothing more then lunacy.

Xbox I'd estimate will hit 40m during this holiday. Ps4 has definitely outsold it by over 2:1 WW. This report is nothing more then lunacy.

All indications have it over 40 as far as I know.

However PS4 was 2:1 since 2015, what I find surprising is that Sony hasn't been able to break 2:1 by any big margin. It shows that Xbox has done some good moves to keep them from a PS2/Xbox situation this gen.

Official Chinese Outlet Saowen has reported that the Xbox One has sold 70 million consoles. Saowen is a premiere Tech & Programming firm with numerous locations and vicinity.

Saowen is a news aggregate that links news from random websites lol.

I'm not sure which is more hilarious, your post or the people who fell for it the first couple pages.

Also "numerous locations and vicinity" what does that even mean lol.

Kerotan

However PS4 was 2:1 since 2015, what I find surprising is that Sony hasn't been able to break 2:1 by any big margin. It shows that Xbox has done some good moves to keep them from a PS2/Xbox situation this gen.
Sony has been outselling xbox WW by a margin of 3/4 to 1 on regular weeks throughout the year. It is about 50m ahead of it atm going by estimates. That's huge considering MS for years were ultra competitive with price cuts to try and close the gap.

onQ123

Really?

demigod

There’s been a sale all year long and xbox one is still losing badly. You could’ve gotten an xbox one s for $249 with $50 giftcard or xbox one x for $399 with a $50 giftcard yesterday st Fry’s. Hell both are currently $249 and $399 at Bedt Buy right now.

Pallas

Gold Member
Lol can we like stop the console warring, lets enjoy games!

Sony is selling phenomenally, Microsoft has been climbing out of a hole it digged at the beginning of this generation with positive sales.

PS4 will more than likely be the second most successful PlayStation console to date, with great exclusives and innovated VR. Xbox One while not close to those numbers are steadily earning sales, and when all is said and done will probably be seen as a success because of the movement in Microsoft’s leadership and their vision with the moves they’ve made.

See some positive stuff about both consoles sales wise, can we get a “Say something nice about” :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Sony has been outselling xbox WW by a margin of 3/4 to 1 on regular weeks throughout the year. It is about 50m ahead of it atm going by estimates. That's huge considering MS for years were ultra competitive with price cuts to try and close the gap.

Actually the PS4 WW has yet to fully break 2:1, all estimates had it around 40 awhile ago before the holidays, if anything it's still around 2:1.

Gediminas

Banned
Actually the PS4 WW has yet to fully break 2:1, all estimates had it around 40 awhile ago before the holidays, if anything it's still around 2:1.
what estimates? there was EA numbers and we know PS4 numbers, as of the end of 2017, there was sold around 29M xbox consoles. unless they some how sold every month over 1M consoles. but if so, then Sony sold 30M in the same period? because pretty much every month PS4 outsold xbox by 3:1.

what estimates? there was EA numbers and we know PS4 numbers, as of the end of 2017, there was sold around 29M xbox consoles. unless they some how sold every month over 1M consoles. but if so, then Sony sold 30M in the same period? because pretty much every month PS4 outsold xbox by 3:1.

No, the Xbox One was not a 29 million at the end of 2017. The EA numbers were taken out of context and also wrong.

Pretty much ever more reliable estimate has put the Xbox one and PS4 withint the area of 2:1. I'me sure that the PS4 is on the upper end of that, but I don't see PS4 ahead 3:1 or more yet. Xbox one is up this year and PS4 is down this year in a couple countries. So while that still gives PS4 the lead it also doesn't make too much of a gap between the two.

I think if there is a point where that 2:1 is broken it's when next gen starts, because Xbox may pull a lot of support over the first two years of the next Xbox while Sony might have the PS4 with some decent support in the same time frame. But we wont be seeing any PS2 level gaps here.

Gediminas

Banned
what? even on the strongest xbox turf, usa, PS4 sold almost every month 0,5 to 2:1

and what context it was? they clearly stated console numbers, there was no context what so ever, just numbers. Sony stated their numbers. still, xbox sold more than their deserve.

Last edited:
Top Bottom