• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Chinese spy defects to Australia, discloses plans to remove Taiwanese president, sabotage HK independence movement, kidnapped HK booksellers

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004

He discloses Chinese government plans enacted to:

-Infiltrate the Hong Kong Independence movement and sabotage it, by sending communist plants into university pro-democracy activist organizations, doxxing key members of the organization and their families to send them into hiding
-Ordered the kidnapping of five Hong Kong book store owners who sold anti-communist literature for illegal detention in mainland China
-Remove the Taiwanese president to destabilize Taiwan's democracy, where he organized cyber attacks against Taiwan, sent agents into the Taiwanese press
-Get a Chinese agent elected to Australian parliament to manipulate politics via the Liberal Party. Apparently an offer was made to Nick Zhao to infiltrate Australian government. Nick refused the offer and publicized it. Nick Zhao was found dead eight months ago.

Last edited:

King of Foxes

Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
Is Australia really so important that the bugmen need to influence it? Wouldn't Japan or Korea be more important to the region?

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Not really surprising.

It is amazing how no one brings up all the Chinese agents running around the US and western countries. Feinstein's driver was bizarrely under-reported. Media companies suckup whenever they can because the Chinese plebs love soulless schlock. All those little Chinese buffets that magically popped up all over the country stay in business despite never having sufficient business if you watch them, with many of them having constantly changing staffs of Chinese immigrants.

The infiltration has been underway for quite a while. I'm sure it is the same way in Australia, so they actually trying to get a seat is the next step in the slow game. They already have low-level agents, countrywide logistics for money laundering and human trafficking, and defacto media control.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
I'm not convinced that birth tourism from Chinese nationals will be a net benefit for the United States of America. There is something else going on, long-term.

Reactions: Gashtronomy

Zefah

Jan 7, 2007
Is Australia really so important that the bugmen need to influence it? Wouldn't Japan or Korea be more important to the region?
Are you calling Chinese people "bugmen" or am I missing something...?

Last edited:

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not convinced that birth tourism from Chinese nationals will be a net benefit for the United States of America. There is something else going on, long-term.
I mentioned those Chinese restaurants. One I used to eat at years ago always seemed to have a new staff of young, attractive Chinese girls who were clearly fresh off the boat.

What was happening to them? Where did they live? Where did they go when their rotation was up? Some of the ones who spoke English would let slip that they did get moved between cities, and that they all lived together. I think we all can guess what was going on.

JSoup

Jun 20, 2013
California
individualism, christianity, value of immediate and extended family

love outdoors, love to travel, love technology but not sloven about it, crazy cool slang

so on

oh and they speak FUCKING ENGLISH (but do they tho)
Also a huge nanny state, so there's that.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
I mentioned those Chinese restaurants. One I used to eat at years ago always seemed to have a new staff of young, attractive Chinese girls who were clearly fresh off the boat.

What was happening to them? Where did they live? Where did they go when their rotation was up? Some of the ones who spoke English would let slip that they did get moved between cities, and that they all lived together. I think we all can guess what was going on.
Well, I am very well aware of how the Triad does control the Chinatown's in the U.S. and they also do own a number of restaurants and other businesses which do help honest, immigrants, looking to start a life and contribute to the United States. I am also sure that there is human trafficking happening as a result, however immigrants have used this type of 'get on their feet' type of business to help the next families who come in after they have 'made it'. That isn't to say that the Triad only own this type of organization (as there are legitemate business owners who do recycle their business in this fashion), but they do have a foothold in this country, and that is one way they make money off of their countrymen.

I am concerned with Chinese Nationals abusing the fourteenth amendment through birth tourism, leaving the country immediately with their kid who now has dual citizenship but have no cultural connection to this country. Outside of any taxes that dual citizens will be required to pay into our system, I don't think there is any real tangible benefit to the U.S. by these people, and I wouldn't put it past China to facilitating this to further push demographics towards a more sympathetic notion for their fuckery in the future.

It's a long con, in my opinion, I hope I am wrong.

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
China, without a doubt is an extreme danger to Western democracy. Probably time for sanctions and to park a few carrier battle groups in the South China Sea. Troops and heavy weaponry to Hong Kong.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
I've been saying for years China is our single biggest threat. Russia hasn't the money or the means to destabilize the world the way China does. Previous generations sold the US out to China and added to everything they've stolen the last 50 years they're a serious problem not easily solved. It may be too late to do anything now.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Not really surprising.

It is amazing how no one brings up all the Chinese agents running around the US and western countries. Feinstein's driver was bizarrely under-reported. Media companies suckup whenever they can because the Chinese plebs love soulless schlock. All those little Chinese buffets that magically popped up all over the country stay in business despite never having sufficient business if you watch them, with many of them having constantly changing staffs of Chinese immigrants.

The infiltration has been underway for quite a while. I'm sure it is the same way in Australia, so they actually trying to get a seat is the next step in the slow game. They already have low-level agents, countrywide logistics for money laundering and human trafficking, and defacto media control.
Well, the Soviet Union fell. The Marxists who were in the US government, and who had been there for decades changed allegiances. Then, all of a sudden we lower trade barriers with China permanently, and make them our most favored nation. All after China dumped millions towards a certain Presidential candidate. Really activates the almonds.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Some additional pertinent info on what's going on in this district:

Gladys Liu, a speech pathologist, is allegedly contributing six figures of her own "personal money" to campaign in the same district in Australia that Nick Zhao was offered a million dollars by Chinese agents to work on China's behalf? And the Prime Minister is implying that any criticism of her is only founded on racism.

Also, apparently they flew the Chinese communist flag on top of the local police station....

HoodWinked

Jun 30, 2010
Earth
Australia has an extensive dependency to China and there is a shockingly high number of Chinese students that contribute billions to the Australian economy. So China is basically cashing in and trying to exert more influence over there and will threaten to cut them off if they dare try to stop them.

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
Gateway to the commonwealth, easier way to start to dissemble the British Royal Family, by influencing Australian voters to become independent of Britain.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
It's quite comical to listen to all of the constitutional scholars out there telling us how much our democracy is in jeopardy because Trump wanted corruption overseas investigated. If only they knew 10% of what really goes on out there.
Senators arguing over the temperature of the public bathwater while the germanic tribes sack their empire lol

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
Any big country trying to influence world affairs has agents trying to influence and destabilize foreign governments. That was the whole purpose of the CIA or the KGB. This is nothing new.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Bolivar687

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Any big country trying to influence world affairs has agents trying to influence and destabilize foreign governments. That was the whole purpose of the CIA or the KGB. This is nothing new.
Since you've made your distaste for the CIA's interference in S. America known, is this your roundabout way of admitting that maybe perhaps China isn't behaving in the most ethical way? 😲

cheezcake

Feb 21, 2013
individualism, christianity, value of immediate and extended family

love outdoors, love to travel, love technology but not sloven about it, crazy cool slang

so on

oh and they speak FUCKING ENGLISH (but do they tho)
I don't know what you're talking about re christianity, by proportion we have way less than the UK or US and the one's we do have don't give a fuuuuuuck. We are not a religious bunch.

Yeh but the CCP is succeeding in Australia , our government has been inept for a fucking decade.

Last edited:

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
Since you've made your distaste for the CIA's interference in S. America known, is this your roundabout way of admitting that maybe perhaps China isn't behaving in the most ethical way? 😲
Lol I never said China behaves in an ethical way, they're basically doing the same shit that most big countries do. The only thing I'm glad about is that they don't have military bases all over the place.

Tesseract

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
I don't know what you're talking about re christianity, by proportion we have way less than the UK or US and the one's we do have don't give a fuuuuuuck. We are not a religious bunch.
80% are christian, catholic, or angelic

but you don't seem mosey about it, another plus

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
Yeh but the CCP is succeeding in Australia , our government has been inept for a fucking decade.
Inept governments are abound. Most of the governments in the world are easily influenced by external interests from companies to other governments. That's why corruption is so generalized

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
Hmm, China did this before during the start of the south sea conflict and it turned out to be a distraction to mislead people. I just find it out it would be Australia of all places.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
Is Australia really so important
It's a close western democracy. I remember China getting very pissed at Obama's South China Sea strategy that involved diplomatic work in Japan, The Philippines, and Australia.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
We used to shoot/hang them on discovery, though.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
Why would you not want to gain every possible avenue of influence? You got 1 billion loyal people; you can afford to send out some to every country under the sun.

Zefah

Jan 7, 2007
yes, china is like a giant ant hill or bee hive literally millions of disposable people (disposable to them)
The government already dehumanizes its people enough. I don't think calling Chinese people 'bugmen' is a decent thing to do if that's what you were doing and not just referring to the government. Either way, it's disturbing. Anyway, I'll stop the derail. I've still got to give this video a watch.

lyan

May 21, 2017
The CCP also claims, accompanied by a the court judgement dated 10th November 2016, that this "spy" is a convicted criminal associated with fraud. Some news outlets then reported however the name this guy used is merely a handle. I tried to look it up but the said judgement no longer shows up through searches in their government's website and can only be accessed with a direct link (wikipedia has it). Talk about Chinese efficiency.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: infinitys_7th

Nymphae

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
I don't think calling Chinese people 'bugmen' is a decent thing to do
I don't think it's an apt use of the term. I like the "small souled bugman" concept though:

A few definitions and comments from around the net:

A bugman is your typical big left leaning city dweller. He is usually obsessed with consumerism, lining up to purchase the newest iPhone or MacBook when it comes out, and using a smartwatch/smart home speaker for longer than the week after he bought it. Chances are he owns other throwaway smart gadgets as well. All his tastes in movies, music, expensive food, art, and more are determined by what review sites and blogs say.

Everything about his personality and life is not defined by who he is, but by what he buys and his consumerist tendencies.
Rootless, lifeless, metropolitan drones who have a permanent thousand-yard stare due to an existence void of any meaning other than waiting for the next iPhone.
"small-souled bugman" implies that the person has been cut off from their cultural roots, and totally subsumed into consumerist neoliberal hive. they are totally lack any sort of sympathy for their ancestors folkways, higher spirituality, or passion. if they do engage in activities that are somewhat human, they still are heavily tinged by global capitalism.
..the "bugman" isn't as simple as "bug-like". It is "bugman" not "bug man" (e.g. An "airplane" NOT "air plane" .... is not "air" )...For you the German speakers - this is a good example of why you put words together to make new ones (eg , in German "weltan" (world) + "schuuang" (view) combines to make "weltanschuuang" which is a much more deeper meaning than just the two parts (its an entire concept entire books have written)...The bugman is basically the things about a bug that make it a bug but applied to a man

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Zefah