• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese studio Digital Sky announces high-speed sci-fi action game Project DT

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Digital Sky, a Chinese video game studio based in Chengdu, has announced Project DT, a high-speed science-fiction action game that incorporates mecha fighting.

The developer is currently recruiting staff to work on the project, including level planners, scenario writers, 3D scene modelers, 3D animation designers, concept designers, and Unreal Engine 4 client engineers.

Digital Sky’s past works include Dragon Ball Z and Tokyo Ghoul mobile games developed for Bandai Namco, as well as a number of mobile otome visual novels and several other mobile titles.

Cant belive that Chinese developers are better than 99% of western developers at gameplay aspects, it boggles my mind how far the west has fallen in designing gameplay. Never would have thought that would be the case 5 years ago.

Gameplay looks really cool, also bought and Enjoyed Bright Memory, was a blast to play through and feelt so smooth chaining moves together, anyone have any other Chinese games to recommend me?

Aenima

Chinese devs are starting to show they skills. This one and the other game with that monkey guy look like have great and solid gameplay.

And they already released a F2P game that puts alot of full priced games to shame.

Aenima

Will the chinese ever come up with something original?

That's 1/3 metal gear, 1/3 nier automata, 1/3 bayonetta.
Like western games are not copy pasta of eachother as well. Devs take inspiration from other games all the time. If the game ends up being good, awesome.

How many souls games clones are out there? And none of them was made by a chinese dev.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned

Digital Sky, a Chinese video game studio based in Chengdu, has announced Project DT, a high-speed science-fiction action game that incorporates mecha fighting.

The developer is currently recruiting staff to work on the project, including level planners, scenario writers, 3D scene modelers, 3D animation designers, concept designers, and Unreal Engine 4 client engineers.

Digital Sky’s past works include Dragon Ball Z and Tokyo Ghoul mobile games developed for Bandai Namco, as well as a number of mobile otome visual novels and several other mobile titles.

Holy Hell!

It's interesting

Another Chinese game with lots of flash and little substance, probably. A glorified tech demo, basically. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Last edited:

splattered

Ripping off a bunch of other IP's but it still looks solid... if they could just come up with their own original ideas using the studios obvious talent it could be amazing.

Aion002

Cant belive that Chinese developers are better than 99% of western developers at gameplay aspects, it boggles my mind how far the west has fallen in designing gameplay. Never would have thought that would be the case 5 years ago.

Gameplay looks really cool, also bought and Enjoyed Bright Memory, was a blast to play through and feelt so smooth chaining moves together, anyone have any other Chinese games to recommend me?
How is this better? The gameplay showed seems a rip-off from Capcom and Platinum games... Also, the enemy and the mc are basically an Automata android fighting a Metal Gear....

I rather have devs trying to make their own systems and style than rip-offs..

Last edited:
How is this better? The gameplay showed seems a rip-off from Capcom and Platinum games... Also, the enemy and the mc are basically an Automata android fighting a Metal Gear....

I rather have devs trying to make their own systems and style than rip-offs..

Still more challenging than any western developer is doing today, all we have from the west are interactive cutscenes, dont care if its rip offs

Last edited:

Aion002

Still more challenging than any western developer is doing today, all we have from the west are interactive cutscenes, dont care if its rip offs
If it's more of the same, so why not play the originals?

Also, I disagree, there are a couple of good western games focused on combat that are far from "interactive cutscenes", you should try:

For Honor - it has a really unique combat system, dueling on multiplayer is probably one of the most fun things from last gen.

Ghost of Tsushima - it combines things from Way of The Samurai, Sekiro, Nioh and Batman in a really fun and creative way that doesn't feel a rip off.

Exanima - basically Dark Souls meets Diablo and "realism", it's really interesting, you should check it out.

Hades - one of the best combat oriented isometric games ever.

Dead Cells - incredible 2d game with a fun combat system.

Last edited:

martino

Can china studio be the balance between japan game design and occidental money thrown at artists and production value ?

If it's more of the same, so why not play the originals?

Also, I disagree, there are a couple of good western games focused on combat that are far from "interactive cutscenes", you should try:

For Honor - it has a really unique combat system, dueling on multiplayer is probably one of the most fun things from last gen.

Ghost of Tsushima - it combines things from Way of The Samurai, Sekiro, Nioh and Batman in a really fun and creative way that doesn't feel a rip off.

Exanima - basically Dark Souls meets Diablo and "realism", it's really interesting, you should check it out.

Hades - one of the best combat oriented isometric games ever.

Dead Cells - incredible 2d game with a fun combat system.

Because i have allready played the original

For Honor i always wanted to try but never got around to it, Ghost of Tsushimas combat looks like a clone of Batmans combat that i hated with the slowmo shit.

Exanima looks really cool i will check it out, Hades i have been interested in since the reveal, now i see its on steam i will pick it up, thanks for the suggestions.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Noone else thinking that the camera being pushed so far out is a bit of an issue?

If it needs that much distance for the action to be readable, I hope the whole game is set in big empty battle arenas like they show in the footage.

MastaKiiLA

Looks interesting. I'm interested to see if this and Black Myth amount to anything more than demos though. It's nice to see Chinese devs making non-mobile games.

Last edited:

Hugare

It's surprising how long its taking China to enter the AAA gaming market

They have the money, the talent, and inifinite/cheap workforce

With the budget of an Ubisoft game, I cant imagine what they would be able to pull off, since workforce is really cheap there.

With the decline of the Japanese market, I am glad that our Chinese overlords is looking to help continue "Eastern" styled of AA-AAA console games.
Call me a racist, but I have always preferred the aesthetics of Eastern developers with the exception of AAA devs like Naughty Dog. I like my females to be cute and sexy and slim. :)
This game looks to be a mix of our favourite Mikami action games, MGS, and Ip Man punches. lol

Last edited:

dottme

So, it looks like we will have to look at China more seriously for video games. It looks really good.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
It looks really nice graphically, I just have a hard time getting into 1v1 boss-rush style games like this.

With the decline of the Japanese market, I am glad that our Chinese overlords is looking to help continue "Eastern" styled of AA-AAA console games.
Call me a racist, but I have always preferred the aesthetics of Eastern developers with the exception of AAA devs like Naughty Dog. I like my females to be cute and sexy and slim. :)
This game looks to be a mix of our favourite Mikami action games, MGS, and Ip Man punches. lol
Looks cool and its rare to see a game with a cool female design not some lesbian with half her head shaved.

Have to be careful guys, sexy/cute character designs for action games is how they easily catfish you into playing games like these:

1401221909-4531-366.jpg

228335-x-blades-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg

Shmunter

One upside, you won’t likely see any sjw influence. But you may get some other type of propaganda however.

Will the chinese ever come up with something original?

That's 1/3 metal gear, 1/3 nier automata, 1/3 bayonetta.
Thats not how Chinese work. Stealing or copying other original ideas and sell it as their own is how Chinese work.

In Shanghai, you will see multiple brands and products which are shameless rip off other people hard work.

Looks great. I'd bet there's tons of good and talented people working on the project. Too bad I'm on a personal China boycott. I'm not going to throw any more money towards the second incarnation of the Third Reich.

johntown

Banned
Looks like the feamle version of Metal Gear Rising Revengence. The combat looks ok but the environments look bland IMO.

Jigsaah

Gold Member

I never liked the Devil May Cry grading system. The game looks cool though so I'll probably pick it up.

Top Bottom