• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Avellone has left Obsidian Entertainment

Drazgul

https://twitter.com/chrisavellone

Chris Avellone ‏@ChrisAvellone 5m5 minutes ago

I have officially left Obsidian Entertainment to accept a sudden opening as the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor at Hogwarts.
24 retweets 24 favorites

Chris Avellone ‏@ChrisAvellone 4m4 minutes ago

(The first part is serious, but much love and well wishes to my fellow devs, good folks one and all.)

Wonder where he's headed next?

Patryn

Wasn't Obsidian hinting at a new Kickstarter with a new Avellone IP a while back?

Or was that just wishful forum thinking here?

webrunner

if it wasn't for fallout having JUST been announced and probably out this year I'd be like "I hope he's going to bethesda!!!!"

I believe Chris Avellone is also one of the owners of Obsidian, so I wonder what's happening with that? I guess he could either continue to own his share without working there, or more likely, the other owners could buy him out.

glaurung

Well, he finished work on Pillars of Eternity. Time to move on.

I hope wherever he went to, we will know about it soon.

Mivey

I'm guessing he wants to work full time for the new torment game. At least inXile would throw a lead position at him, if he showed any interest.

Durante

if it wasn't for fallout having JUST been announced and probably out this year I'd be like "I hope he's going to bethesda!!!!"
It would be pretty wild to play a Bethesda game with a handful of Avellone-written
good
characters and the rest as we are used to.

They could make it a plot point, like only a handful of people in the world actually have a soul or something.

Wild speculation: maybe he got snatched up by the Disney/EA Star Wars behemoth. It's one of his loves and there must be a lot of gaming stuff in the pipeline.

I only know him from Fallout New Vegas(console gamer) and I really enjoyed his writing in that game.

I wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Denton

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

God dammit, never thought this would happen, ever. Really curious what he wants to do next.

marrec

Banned
Hope he does just as well at his next gig. Obsidian is less without him, but they still got tons of talent.

Well Harry Potter is owned by Warner Bros. so maybe they are really gearing up to go head to head with EA.

Or maybe he just got a teaching job.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Suddenly I'm less excited for further Pillars of Eternity written content.

Why? He didn't really write any of it in the first place from what we've heard.

Curious to see where he goes. He is a co-founder of Obsidian so I would assume he owns some major share of the company. If he is going to another company I wonder what exactly they can offer him compared to the company he's part owner of.

Top Bottom