• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Nolan's 'Inception' to star Dicaprio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
demon said:
Except for BB and TDK.
5zdfm1c.jpg

mrkgoo

fistfulofmetal said:
I know. But I'm talking about the idea of Leo in Batman. I just don't see it working.

I mean I don't mind Leo, but in a Batman movie? Feck no.

Right on! It's just like Heath Ledger - in a Batman movie? No way. Too pretty.

Lakitu

st5fu
eXistor said:
Good news, DiCaprio needs to be in less serious fare. He needs to do more comedies imo.

You know this isn't a comedy right?

Anyway, I think he's a fantastic actor. I'm happy about this.

eXistor

Lakitu said:
You know this isn't a comedy right?

Anyway, I think he's a fantastic actor. I'm happy about this.
Of course, but I'm saying he should do more of these less-serious movies(granted we know precious little about it, except for the sci-fi bit). He proved he could do comedy (Catch Me If You Can), so a full-on comedy should be something he could nail.

For now, this'll do :)

Lakitu

st5fu
eXistor said:
Of course, but I'm saying he should do more of these less-serious movies(granted we know precious little about it, except for the sci-fi bit). He proved he could do comedy (Catch Me If You Can), so a full-on comedy should be something he could nail.

For now, this'll do :)

Hey, sorry, I was just making a pretty lame joke. And I agree with you actually, he was fantastic in Catch Me If You Can. Though to me, his stand out performance was from The Departed. I haven't seen Revolutionary Road, how was he in that?

eXistor

Lakitu said:
Hey, sorry, I was just making a pretty lame joke. And I agree with you actually, he was fantastic in Catch Me If You Can. Though to me, his stand out performance was from The Departed. I haven't seen Revolutionary Road, how was he in that?
Haven't seen it yet (I haven't been watching too many movies lately), but it's on my to-watch list.

karasu

Ugh. More of his annoying forehead and shouting I take it. There goes my interest in that movie.

Busty

Banned
Sounds interesting. I really like DiCaprio. He's getting older and I really do think his best work is ahead of him.

I just hope that Nolan really pushes himself and we get something 'turned up to 11'. I don't really know why but I'm hoping this isn't some smaller, more radical Sci-fi movie.

This is a prime July summer slot. So hopefully we'll see DiCaprio getting a mutant Squid man in a headlock while head butting a robot.

Mike Works said:
i don't think the importance of this news will impact me until i see a picture of james cameron wearing an Inception t-shirt and Scullibundo relentlessly starts threads about it.

Fixed.

milanbaros

Member?
IamMattFox said:
He's sat there with a mass murderer. A mass murderer! His heart rate was jacked, and his hand--steady. That's one thing he figured out about myself after Titanic. His hand does not shake. Ever

What movie is this line adapted from. Its killing me.

Cheebs

karasu said:
Ugh. More of his annoying forehead and shouting I take it. There goes my interest in that movie.
Wow, someone doesn't like Leo? I didn't think that was possible.

milanbaros said:
What movie is this line adapted from. Its killing me.

The Departed.

I'm excited. Leo has been steadily winning me over (Blood Diamond, The Departed...still need to see The Aviator) and I think pairing him with my favorite director this decade is a match made in heaven.

Plus, like someone said, we'll get "Leo = teh Riddlar!" rumors now.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I thought DiCaprio was busy with the remake/adaption of AKIRA. or is this it? Nolan doing a live action AKIRA would blow my fucking mind.

Cheebs

Router said:
I thought DiCaprio was busy with the remake/adaption of AKIRA. or is this it? Nolan doing a live action AKIRA would blow my fucking mind.
DiCaprio is not in Akira, it's just that his production company is producing it.

Cheebs

Router said:
DiCaprio is not in Akira, it's just that his production company is producing it.

Cheebs

Router said:

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Router said:

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Its kinda amazing how his career turned around :lol Had his massive Titanic hit, bunch of bombs after. Everyone was shoving him out as a 1 hit wonder with teenage girls.

Turns it around, Gets into movies with Scoresse, Speilberg, Scott, Mendes, Zwick's decent movie for this decade. And now Nolan. Hes definitely blessed here lol

Guzim

DMczaf said:
I'll give you guys a sneak peak to the interviews for the movie next year

"So Leo, are you going to be in Batman 3?!"

Now repeat that 6000 times.
It's going to be just like Russell Crowe when 3:10 to Yuma came out :lol

Busty

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
does anyone know what DiCaprio's production company is up to these days?

It's called Appian Way.

They have a multi year deal with Warner Bros.

Off the top of my head they have a very 'geek friendly' slate with the live action versions Akira and Demon Scrolls. They also have an adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut's Ice Nine...... concept?

Last week Variety reported that they are vying for the right to produce WB's redux of The Never Ending Story.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Busty said:
I just hope that Nolan really pushes himself and we get something 'turned up to 11'. I don't really know why but I'm hoping this isn't some smaller, more radical Sci-fi movie. .
This is Nolan's first original film since Memento. It's guaranteed to turn it up to 11,000.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Dicaprio did a full 180 since he starred in Titanic... if The Departed didn't solidify his place as a bad ass, this movie probably will.

DMczaf

Guzim said:
It's going to be just like Russell Crowe when 3:10 to Yuma came out :lol

They missed the most important question

Will Bale be in the sequel to Russell Crowe Fightin' Round The World?

jett

D-Member
I personally love DiCaprio and think he's one of the best actors working today. This movie could be really really awesome.

Fuck it, you know it's gonna be fucking great.

jett

D-Member
PhoenixDark said:
Good to see Nolan working with a good leading man for once. Well twice, I forgot about Hugh Jackman

I'll forgive your Bale-troll, but ignoring Al Pacino is a fucking sin.

harSon

Banned
Dicaprio is an awesome actor, my only issue is the fact that his physical image is not up to his level of acting, by this I mean he often looks way to young and modelish for the roles he plays. Can't think of a better way of framing it :/

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
If Dicaprio's production company is able to pump out quality movies than I'll love the fuck out of that fucker.

Busty said:
Last week Variety reported that they are vying for the right to produce WB's redux of The Never Ending Story.

:eek:oooooooooooooooooooo

Solo

Oops, I read the other thread before seeing this one. As such, my feelings, copied and pasted:

Finally, Nolan ditches that chump Bale for the actor whose dick GAF should be on. Since Leo is my favorite current actor, this has just risen to DAY ONE for me.

wRATH2x

Banned
DMczaf said:
Also, Bale and Scorsese are making Origin.

*drops can of coca cola*

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!?!?!??!!?????????????

You mean Martin Scorsese and Christian Bale?

That would be fucking awesome!!!!!

This thread just gave me a one two punch of a great director and great actor without warning,I don't believe I'm able to sleep after hearing this two wonderful pieces of news!

I know about Inception,but whats Origin about?

Martin Scorsese and Christian Bale <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom