• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Nolan's 'Inception' to star Dicaprio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Joseph-Gordon Levitt also just joined the cast of Christopher Nolan's Inception

http://twitter.com/firstshowing/status/1601218798

Game. Over. Everyone go home. Shut the movie business down. It's all over.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i360cdd62fc9ca5a86dbd296e3b61cfa5

Christopher Nolan's thriller stars Leonardo DiCaprio

By Borys Kit

April 23, 2009, 11:31 PM ET
hr/photos/stylus/80537-Joseph_Gordon_Levitt.jpg

Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Getty Images photo)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is coming on board Christopher Nolan's "Inception," the filmmaker's thriller for Warner Bros. that stars Leonardo DiCaprio.

A veil of secrecy exists over loglines, though the project, which Nolan also wrote, is described as a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within "the architecture of the mind."

It is known that Gordon-Levitt is taking the role to have been played by James Franco, who bowed out over scheduling issues. He would play an associate of DiCaprio's character, a CEO-type.

Marion Cotillard is already on board as DiCaprio's wife, while Ellen Page is playing a grad student and DiCaprio's sidekick. Cillian Murphy is also in the cast.

Nolan and the studio are aiming for a summer shoot ahead of a 2010 release.

Nolan and Emma Thomas are producing through their Warners-based Syncopy Films shingle.

Gordon-Levitt, repped by CAA, has a big summer lined up: He stars in "500 Days of Summer," the romantic comedy that earned much buzz in Sundance and is now set for a July 17 release by Fox Searchlight, and plays the villainous Cobra Commander in Paramount tentpole "G. I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," which opens Aug. 7.

DMczaf

It is known that Gordon-Levitt is taking the role to have been played by James Franco, who bowed out over scheduling issues. He would play an associate of DiCaprio's character, a CEO-type.

Upgrade.

150x200.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Very cool. Gordon-Levitt is awesome. This cast is shaping up phenomenally.

Solo said:
What are you even talking about?

Word. I see nothing but enthusiasm about Levitt here.

The kid is a great young actor. Hope this movie is his true "break-out" performance.

And yes, if Nolan decides to recast the Joker, it should fucking be him.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I think he was referring to Ellen Page and someone's stated desire to remove her from the cast.

Juno sucked balls, but that doesn't mean Ellen Page is a bad actress.

Kastro

Banned
he's like 5'6".. he could never pull off The Joker.

I like him but he doesn't have the charisma for such a character.

Solo

Kastro said:
he's like 5'6".. he could never pull off The Joker.

I like him but he doesn't have the charisma for such a character.

You know how would be good for role of the Joker? Kind of funny given what has happened in the casting with Inception, but James Franco.

Wollan

He always looked like the best Heath Ledger / Joker lookalike to me.

I have no clue about his acting abilities and I didn't know at all that Nolan was in talks with him. But if this kid can act then I see this as a done deal if Joker ever comes back.

Solo

More like DiCaprio replaces Bale, and shit Batman 3 am averted! Bale saunters off into obscurity, and Solo rejoices!

Cheebs

Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
It seems really weird to me to dislike a really good actor. But that's just me.
To be fair (I dont want Leo replacing Bale lol) I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree that DiCaprio is a better actor. Bale is one of the best blockbuster type of actors working today but DiCaprio is one of the best actors PERIOD right now.

SpeedingUptoStop

Cheebs said:
To be fair (I dont want Leo replacing Bale lol) I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree that DiCaprio is a better actor. Bale is one of the best blockbuster type of actors working today but DiCaprio is one of the best actors PERIOD right now.
It' be nice if Bale took a less serious role once in a while. he's my favorite, but he's constantly saving the world and shit. relax bro. Now's about time in his career when he should do a couple small, more relaxed roles I think.

Busty

Banned
And I've been had.

That was.....embarrassing.

I'm just glad to be keeping my rep as the worst 'insider' on GAF.

;)

SpeedingUptoStop

Busty said:
A friend of mine knows someone that has actually read the script and loved it. I mean seriously loved it. So it's interesting to compare that to Latino Review's thoughts on it.

Below is the ..third hand account of what it's about. Take it for what it's worth....

I'm told the film is about......
a powerful CEO (DiCaprio) who is wheelchair bound in an accident and his world falls apart.

When he can't use his wealth and power to repair his damaged spine he starts to experiment with projecting his mind outside his body. Ultimately (and I'm not sure about the wording here so bare with me) he starts to tune into the frequency of the universe by increasing his brain power.

He starts exploring other planets and alien worlds with the power of his mind. But he isn't the only one who can do this and soon finds himself battling against a race of super powerful humans with the same powers he has.

The Inception of the title refers to the creation of the
universe.....apparently.
That's weird. At first I was like "shit, did he write Gattaca?" but then into turned into mind battles and I was like hmm...this could be the most mind blowing thing ever put to film.

Also, one large spoiler tag will work for you whole post ;] . Don't have to keep applying it every paragraph.

also, I'm pretty sure Latino review's thoughts were an April Fool's day joke.

Substance

Cheebs said:

ugh always have to involve the world towards your side don't you?

Bale's reputation was never based on his blockbuster work. Rescue Dawn, American Psycho The New World, All the Pretty Animals... this is where Bale's presence as an actor is recognized. And I'd rank him quite high in exuding whatever environment he's in.
Leo is a committed actor, I've always thought this beginning with his 90's work, but never struck me as the most imaginative. Maybe that's why he's always second banana at his oscar cermonies...

I will agree Bale's upcoming slate appears narrowed to morose characters. That's a shame.

SpeedingUptoStop

Busty said:
The chap in question who actually read the script was blown away by it. The scope of it is really unbelievable.

And he isn't easily impressed. .
It would certainly explain why it's placed in the dead center of summer. It's Magneto on steroids.:lol

SpeedingUptoStop

A little searching seems to detail that this is not the plot

http://www.nolanfans.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1238724526&archive=&start_from=&ucat=3&

UPDATE: We thought we had gained some insight about the plot of Inception, but it turns out to be nothing more than an April Fools prank. It seems details are pretty darned tight-lipped still. If you want to see what the faux plot description was, we'll keep it up for your entertainment:

"Leo is a paraplegic who discovers a portal to escape his paralyzed existence through his own mind that takes him to another plane of existence. His wife has left him because of his pursuit which takes him on a journey that seldom people have gone except for the MENSA level geniuses. Over time he gets better at escaping through his own mind to this other dimension but government types begin to find about this path."

:-/

yea, here's the origin of the april fool's day joke

http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/2009/03/inception.html

SpeedingUptoStop

Busty said:
Fuck. The e-mail I got was dated April 1st.

I've been had. :lol :lol :lol

Blargh.
The fuck, bro. :lol How do you read the biggest script of the year on april fool's and think nothing of it?:lol

I'm not hatin, just saying. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom