• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Nolan's 'Inception' to star Dicaprio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busty

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
The fuck, bro. :lol How do you read the biggest script of the year on april fool's and think nothing of it?:lol

I'm not hatin, just saying. ;P

I didn't read it myself. But it was e-mail from a 'trusted' source.

A trusted source who is big on April Fools day.

*shrugs shoulders*

Christian Bale is overrated. I've never seen him turn in a subtle performance. I'm not saying he's bad, I'm just saying he's always chewing up the scenery like post-70s Al Pacino.

wRATH2x

Banned
Cheebs said:
To be fair (I dont want Leo replacing Bale lol) I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree that DiCaprio is a better actor. Bale is one of the best blockbuster type of actors working today but DiCaprio is one of the best actors PERIOD right now.

Leo is the better actor, but Bale is still great. I just wish he takes more different roles, especially psychotic and villainous roles since he excels in that area.

Foreign Jackass said:
Christian Bale is overrated. I've never seen him turn in a subtle performance. I'm not saying he's bad, I'm just saying he's always chewing up the scenery like post-70s Al Pacino.

qft

Foreign Jackass said:

I think that his performance in The Machinist proves this wrong, but that's just my opinion.

Bale is one of my favorite working actors, so I guess that I am wont to defend him. I'm not impartial enough, I guess.

DMczaf

So now that Nolan has fully admitted that he's a huge '10 Things I Hate About You' fanboy with Ledger and Levitt, when does he sign up Larisa Oleynik for Catwoman?

Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
I think that his performance in The Machinist proves this wrong, but that's just my opinion.

Bale is one of my favorite working actors, so I guess that I am wont to defend him. I'm not impartial enough, I guess.

Not to mention his restrained 3:10 to Yuma.

wRATH2x

Banned
DMczaf said:
So now that Nolan has fully admitted that he's a huge '10 Things I Hate About You' fanboy with Ledger and Levitt, when does he sign up Larisa Oleynik for Catwoman?
:lol I seriously want that, she was hot.

Lakitu

st5fu
Cheebs said:
You realize it isn't the 90's anymore right...? DiCaprio has turned into quite the awesome badass.

Exactly.

"You accuse me once, I put up with it. You accuse me twice... I quit. You pressure me to fear for my life and I will put a fucking bullet in your head as if you were anybody else. Okay?"

Guzim

DMczaf said:
That would explain why he directed the pilot episode of the new TV series then.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
DMczaf said:

Say Hello to The Riddler.

joel1.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop

The hell Nolan, you're a day late! Inception announcements also kick off on Sundays to start the week right!

Two join Nolan's 'Inception'
Ken Watanabe, Tom Hardy set for sci-fi action feature

By Borys Kit

May 4, 2009, 11:00 PM ET

Ken Watanabe (Getty Images photo)
Ken Watanabe and Tom Hardy are boarding Christopher Nolan's "Inception" for Warner Bros.

The story, which Nolan wrote, is a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind, with Leonardo DiCaprio as a CEO type. Watanabe will play the film's villain, a man who is blackmailing DiCaprio. Hardy is a member of DiCaprio's team.

The duo join a cast that includes Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Cillian Murphy, Ellen Page and Marion Cotillard.

Watanabe's deal reunites him with Nolan, with whom he collaborated on 2005's "Batman Begins."

Nolan and the studio are aiming for a summer shoot ahead of a 2010 release. Nolan and Emma Thomas are producing through their Warners-based Syncopy Films shingle.

Watanabe next appears in the Weinstein Co.'s September release "Shanghai" with John Cusack, Chow Yun-Fat and Gong Li. He is repped by Endeavor and ROAR.

Hardy, who is in negotiations for his role, next appears in "Bronson," playing a criminal who spent 30 years in solitary confinement. He is repped by CAA.

SpeedingUptoStop

ezekial45 said:
Yeah! Watanabe was great in BB, even with the little screen time he had. Don't know who the other guy is.
All I really know is that he was Handsome Bob in RockNrolla, but also the star of Bronson. IO really want to see that, apparently he gives a great performance + the Bronson true story is wicked awesome.

Here's the Bronson look
bronsonfilm_450x300.jpg

here's what he usually looks like

Tom-Hardy-as-Bronson-001.jpg

Zeliard

Foreign Jackass said:

Someone hasn't seen Rescue Dawn.

Lakitu

st5fu
Some plot details (from a legit source, this person correctly stated that DiCaprio and Page would be in this way before anyone else).

I'll spoiler tag stuff just incase:

* 'Inception' is about dreams. They have figured out a way to enter peoples' dreams.

* The technology to enter dreams is not a machine like in the MAtrix or The Cell. It is something that is injected into the bloodstream. They can carry it in a suitcase. In one scene, they enter a person's dream while on a plane.

* Leo's character plays somewhat of a thief. He dives into people's dreams to extract info for others.

* Murphy's character plays a businessman who is about to take over a company.

* Page's character is part of Leo's team. She is a student in Paris who is the architect of the dreams.

* The plan is to insert an idea into the head of Murphy's character. The idea: To branch the compnay off into smaller companies.

* At one point in the film, Leo's wife convinces him to stay in the dream world, saying "It is better than real life." Leo wants to go back to the real world to be with his children. His wife commits suicide in the dream, thinking she'll return to the real world. When Leo returns to the real world, he is charged with the murder of his wife. He has to flee the country and his children.

* The film will be shot in Paris, Morocco, L.A., and London.

Lakitu said:
Some plot details (from a legit source, this person correctly stated that DiCaprio and Page would be in this way before anyone else).

* 'Inception' is about dreams. They have figured out a way to enter peoples' dreams.

* The technology to enter dreams is not a machine like in the MAtrix or The Cell. It is something that is injected into the bloodstream. They can carry it in a suitcase. In one scene, they enter a person's dream while on a plane.

* Leo's character plays somewhat of a thief. He dives into people's dreams to extract info for others.

* Murphy's character plays a businessman who is about to take over a company.

* Page's character is part of Leo's team. She is a student in Paris who is the architect of the dreams.

* The plan is to insert an idea into the head of Murphy's character. The idea: To branch the compnay off into smaller companies.

* At one point in the film, Leo's wife convinces him to stay in the dream world, saying "It is better than real life." Leo wants to go back to the real world to be with his children. His wife commits suicide in the dream, thinking she'll return to the real world. When Leo returns to the real world, he is charged with the murder of his wife. He has to flee the country and his children.

* The film will be shot in Paris, Morocco, L.A., and London.

That sounds awful and toally out of line with what the previous two films have established.

Mifune

Mehmber
Considering the fact that Nolan's non-Batman movies are about a million times better than his Bat ones, I'm gonna have to guess that this movie will be pretty awesome.

If you think this sounds awful, a lot of us thought casting heath ledger as the joker sounded awful too.

Just sayin.

Let's at least reserve judgement until we see a trailer.

Kowak

Banned
Mifune said:
Considering the fact that Nolan's non-Batman movies are about a million times better than his Bat ones, I'm gonna have to guess that this movie will be pretty awesome.

I have watched The Prestige about a dozen times, its a film I always have to introduce to people

I don't want
entering people's dreams through injections into the blood streams
in my gritty realistic Nolan directed movie. I mean what happens when I go to the theater is all filled with cheering screaming teen girls? Going crazy because they can't control their hormones! It'll ruin the movie I tell ya!

I mean I like
entering people's dreams through injections into the blood streams
, but as the plot of a new Nolan film? Feck no.

Busty

Banned
Lakitu said:

I'll give Nolan the benefit of the doubt as he has no doubt earned it.

But to be perfectly honest I prefer the bullshit April Fool's Day one I fell hook, line and sinker for.

But regardless of the log line, if it's a solid sci-fi pic aimed at adults then I'm all for it.

Talking of baseless chatter..... has anyone else heard the rumours that Nolan is planning on shooting two films back to back. The first being Inception and the second (none Batman related) still to be announced?

Is that something that has found it's way onto the Internets yet?

esbern

Mr. Sam said:
That... doesn't sound very good.

try this
*there's a guy who dresses like bat

*he growls a lot

*the bad guy principally dresses like a clown

*the clown will be played by that dude from A Knight's Tale

*the director rarely makes a bad choice so stfu nobody cares about your opinion

Lakitu

st5fu
Busty said:
Talking of baseless chatter..... has anyone else heard the rumours that Nolan is planning on shooting two films back to back. The first being Inception and the second (none Batman related) still to be announced?

Is that something that has found it's way onto the Internets yet?

That sounds awesome, too good to be true. Where did you hear this?

Lakitu

st5fu
http://www.cinemarewind.com/2009/06/olivers-arrow-is-inception-s-working.html

Inception's Fake Working Title is Oliver's Arrow
The Dark Knight was under the fake working title Rory's First Kiss during production in Chicago, and now it appears Inception is under the fake working title Oliver's Arrow. Inception, the upcoming film from director Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight, Memento, The Prestige) has been under a veil of secrecy since its announcement. The only clue to its plot was a vague description of "a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind." But with this new working title discovery, a few fresh details have emerged about the project.

So what proof is there that Oliver's Arrow is Inception? They key is to look at casting sites. ProductionWeekly.com gave a big hint by listing Inception as: "Inception" (aka "Oliver's Arrow") in one of their issues. SideExpress.com, which lists available sides (small portions of the script featuring a character for actors to use in the audition process), shows a project titled Oliver's Arrow with the casting director John Papsidera, but does not have a project titled Inception. Papsidera is the casting director for two films that are currently in pre-production, Inception and The Details, but not for a film called Oliver's Arrow. The Details, a black comedy, would have no reason to use a fake title, thus leaving Inception, which has maintained secrecy since its announcement. Finally, The Dark Knight's working title used one of Nolan's children, Rory, in the title. It is logical for Oliver's Arrow to be Inception's working title since Nolan also has a son named Oliver.

SideExpress.com lists the following film roles for Inception (as Oliver's Arrow) on their site: Philippa, James, Security Guard, Attendant, Cab Driver, and Thin Man. What casting information has also revealed is that the film will be shooting all around the world, including in Los Angeles, CA, in London, England, in Tokyo, Japan, in Paris, France, in Morocco, in Tangiers, and in Calgary, Canada.

Inception stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard, Michael Caine, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, and Ken Watanabe. The film will be scored by composer David Julyan (The Prestige, Memento, Insomnia) and cinematography will be done by Wally Pfister, who has worked with Nolan on virtually every film and has received Academy Award nominations for his work on Batman Begins, The Prestige, and The Dark Knight. Inception begins filming July, 2009 and will release July 16th, 2010 under Warner Bros. Pictures.

Lakitu

st5fu
Leonardo DiCaprio is Alberta bound.

A Sun source confirmed the Hollywood star will be in the province this November to shoot scenes for his new movie, Inception.

While the psychological sci-fi thriller is filming in five different countries, a significant portion of the $200-million movie will be shot in Kananaskis.

"It's not going to be just a two-day shoot," said the source.

"It's not just some CBC mini-series. It's pretty substantial.

"These guys are going to spend more money before lunchtime than most (networks) will spend on a series. It's as big a movie as has ever been shot here."

DiCaprio headlines the film's star-studded cast, which also features Oscar-winner Marion Cotillard, Canadian actress Ellen Page and legendary British actor Michael Caine.

Director Christopher Nolan -- who helmed last year's record-breaking Batman blockbuster, The Dark Knight -- has already been to Calgary twice to look at possible locations.

Nolan scouted nearby foothills and mountainous areas by helicopter and is said to have chosen Fortress Mountain as the main Alberta location.

The Inception script, also written by Nolan, has been kept under tight wraps although it has been described by Warner Bros. studio as "a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind."

The movie is slated for a July 2010 release.

Inception will join a long list of award-winning films such as Brokeback Mountain, Unforgiven and Legends of the Fall that have been made or partly shot in Alberta.

The shoot is a much-needed boost for the province's once-thriving movie industry, which has stalled in recent years.

It will be the first big-budget American movie shot in Alberta since the Brad Pitt flick The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford in 2005.

The insider said Inception will employ hundreds, if not thousands, of local film workers starting this summer when construction on the elaborate set is due to begin.

"How could you possibly have a movie this big come through and it not be phenomenal for the city?" the source said.

"It's too bad we don't get one or two of these a year instead of every couple of years. Brokeback Mountain brought so much work to Alberta and hopefully (Inception) will too."

http://www.calgarysun.com/entertainment/movies/2009/06/15/9798751-sun.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom