• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Redfield returns in the free Not A Hero DLC for RE7 this Spring with a new face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Sounds like the DLC will be hitting sooner than we thought. So hopefully it's hitting April rather than May.

But going back to Chris Redfield, now we can talk about his face. I can see a small resemblance. But it's still quite the change from RE1-6. Guessing this is due to the RE engine. so I wonder if this will cause other characters to look rather different due to this more realistic style the games will probably carry now. I personally don't mind his new look too much, but it's definitely not his best. I much prefer the more muscular look of 5 and 6.

For comparison sake

64195288c8c798a528ee1vrx4x.jpg

Who or what is he chasing? Find out soon in this separate story.
C5Y45jzVMAAweHO.jpg

C5Y47tGUwAAxdUV.jpg

C5Y47tIU8AATeWD.jpg

Vinc

......I didn't know he was in the game. Why don't you let me be the judge on if it's a big spoiler or not? Not happy to have read this title at all as I've purposefully tried to avoid spoilers until I finish the game.

Neptonic

I miss beefcake Chris
Also lol at these people saying spoiler, it's the DLC he's talking about, which Capcom has said you play as Chris.

......I didn't know he was in the game. Why don't you let me be the judge on if it's a big spoiler or not? Not happy to have read this title at all as I've purposefully tried to avoid spoilers until I finish the game.

because he shows up at the very end as fan service

Super Cool Spoiler 64.

On topic though, I do think that isn't Chris. Something just seemed off. And y'know the ONE BIG THING that was definitely off.

Spinky

RE5/LiN Chris will forever be best Chris.

RE7 Chris wouldn't be so jarring if we'd gone straight from REmake/classic to this.

MrDaravon

I'm literally installing RE7 right now :(

Blame their social media. I'm just reporting on their news.

So you posting a spoiler in a thread title is the fault of another website's social media? Ok. I don't play RE for story so it doesn't really bother me that much, but it's a major game that just came out like a month ago so posting what a lot of people would consider a spoiler in the title of a thread seems pretty unnecessary.

More on-topic, the last/in-game screenshot looks way better than the character shot to me for some reason.

Order

I do blame them. Since you aknowledge it's a spoiler, I do think it was unwise of you to put it in your thread title, but whatever. They're idiots for spoiling this.
This is dumb. How is it a spoiler who the main protagonist of your DLC campaign is?

MCD250

That is a big change. Though probably closer to how he was envisioned in the original game (talking 1996 RE1 here).

I'm literally installing RE7 right now :(

So you posting a spoiler in a thread title is the fault of another website's social media? Ok. I don't play RE for story so it doesn't really bother me that much, but it's a major game that just came out like a month ago so posting what a lot of people would consider a spoiler in the title of a thread seems pretty unnecessary.
if even the company responsible for the game doesnt care, neither should you.

SOLDIER

This was the reason I bought RE7 day one.

I knew there was no way people would keep quiet with stuff like this.

Vinc

if even the company responsible for the game doesnt care, neither should you.

If you're going to say "it's surprising that they're willing to spoil this", you should probably be wiser and choose to hide the spoiler. But yes, Capcom are total idiots for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom