• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom layoffs, Senior VP Christian Svensson voluntarily leaves

LiK

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/11/4514896/capcom-hit-by-lay-offs-senior-vp-christian-svensson-out

Capcom has undertaken a staff reorganization today, resulting in the loss of its senior vice president Christian Svensson.

Svensson posted the news on his Facebook page today, saying that he had volunteered to go as part of the planned re-org. He did not say who else had been affected, but wrote that "sadly, I'm not the only one affected by the reorganization today. Over the next few days, I'll be gathering resumes from as many as I can and will be sending them out to my contacts around the industry to see if there's a 'love connection' to be made."

More at link

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/11/4514896/capcom-hit-by-lay-offs-senior-vp-christian-svensson-out

"sadly, I'm not the only one affected by the reorganization today. Over the next few days, I'll be gathering resumes from as many as I can and will be sending them out to my contacts around the industry to see if there's a 'love connection' to be made."

"I've had the opportunity to interface with the best fans any company could ever hope to have," he wrote. "I know that I wasn't always able to deliver what they wanted, but I promise that I did my best to champion their needs and wants. So thank you to the fans who made my job rewarding, challenging, and, if nothing else, interesting."

Best of luck Sven. :(

Wonder what happens to the fight for the retail release of AA5? Probably dead in the water as he was the one trying to make it happen.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dang. Despite their egregious errors in judgment and numerous false statements, I wish everyone affected at Capcom USA the best.

Silky

Banned
Finally. Did /not/ like Sven. Capcom needs to get their shit together.

Wish for him and his co-workers the best.

Sven out of capcom? Everyone knew Sven. Sven was pretty much the only link to capcom any user could pretend to have. That's a stupid move.

mdtauk

The only person in Capcom, willing to talk to the rest of the world, when it comes to localisation and game releases.

Sad day, for us all, and Capcom continues to slide into irrelevance.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey Sven, since I know you're reading this, I always thought you did the best job you could and the bulk of the criticism directed to you seemed to be a result of the fact that as an American executive for a Japanese company you were frequently caught between a rock and a hard place in terms of having to do your bosses' bidding while simultaneously being the public face for some unpopular calls. Best of luck finding a new gig.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
But Sven hasn't delivered the news about AA5 in retail! So many people have posted in that thread and e-mailed him....

Either way, Capcom needs to get their shit together. They also need to stop trying for the CoD audience *points to Dead Rising 3*

Maybe they finally want people to realize that they don't have a voice when it comes to Capcom.

could be. But some found comfort in the hope that capcom might hear them one day, because he kept answering on forums and all that.

However, I see a problem when he claimed false stuff, that affects capcom as he's acting as a PR.

Gartooth

Capcom continues to lose more and more people, can't think of any other major figures left that interact with the community aside from maybe Ono. This worries me greatly for the future of series such as Ace Attorney without a mouthpiece such as Svensson to talk to and hopefully forward through Capcom.

Ahasverus

Sven was a good guy, sometimes corporate managing hits a rock wall and that wall is Capcom JP, good luck man, and all the affected.

Hero

Did not particularly care for Sven at all nor the attitude and lack of respect he showed fans over the years.

Edit:

However it's rarely good when someone loses their job but hopefully the resignation means he had something lined up or planned anyway. Sad to hear about the other losses as well.

Capcom Japan is fucked up.

lol I was shocked too.

Got the pic to prove it!

iS6TxIms583tn.png

And they started this gen on such a promising note. Platinum seems to have outdone them in the end, though. Wish they could get their act together.

AOC83

Banned
While you´re at it Capcom, fire all the people that are responsible for us not getting a single decent Resident Evil, Onimusha or Dino Crisis this gen.

Dahbomb

Capcom can now freely make their Marvel patch now. They can't be accused of lying now because the guy who answered the questions is not with them anymore.

Nyoro SF

Sven always supported the Ace Attorney series and was often opposed in a lot of his ideas by Capcom Japan.

They were good ideas too! This is a big loss for the company imo, even though he also pushed forward DRM schemes.

lantus

I do feel bad for those people losing their jobs, but honestly, Capcom just fucks up everything, either games in development or not being done at all in some cases. One way or another they just make bad decisions in my opinion.

Jawmuncher

While you´re at it Capcom, fire all the people that are responsible for us not getting a single decent Resident Evil, Onimusha or Dino Crisis this gen.

That would be everyone working there aside from maybe 3 people.
Though maybe that would be for the better considering the decline the company is still facing.

Top Bottom