• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Nolan's Interstellar: The Official Synopsis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranvier

i've read a 2008 version of the script. Hopefully the thing I read was an early draft and a lot has been changed as I didn't really like it. It truly was an exploration of multiple grand ideas versus a tight, succinct plot.

spoiler**

From the new plot summaries posted in this thread it seems that the version I read is still pretty close to what's being shot now 8(

i've read a 2008 version of the script. Hopefully the thing I read was an early draft and a lot has been changed as I didn't really like it. It truly was an exploration of multiple grand ideas versus a tight, succinct plot.

spoiler**

From the new plot summaries posted in this thread it seems that the version I read is still pretty close to what's being shot now 8(

Is it preachy on this global warming stuff?

spoiler**

When the project was announced for Chris, it was said that Chris would be doing some significant re-writes if I recall.

EDIT: yeah here it is: http://screenrant.com/christopher-nolan-rewriting-interstellar-movie/

Ranvier

Is it preachy on this global warming stuff?

spoiler about the beginning of the movie - though keep in mind all this could have change as it was the 2008 version.

The start of the film takes place in the future in an almost postapocolyptic agrarian setting. The main character and his father talk about how "we" have destroyed the earth because we've lost the will to innovate and we are basically just trying to survive. The main character is a savant when it comes to engineering. A blight has infected the planet (I think a fungi or a type of super bacteria) that is basically killing off all of our crops and the only thing that can grow are certain types of corn. Civilization isn't exactly destroyed but rather, in disarray. Schools still exist but most kids are forced to become farmers and nothing else.

Alienous

spoiler about the beginning of the movie - though keep in mind all this could have change as it was the 2008 version.

The start of the film takes place in the future in an almost postapocolyptic agrarian setting. The main character and his father talk about how "we" have destroyed the earth because we've lost the will to innovate and we are basically just trying to survive. The main character is a savant when it comes to engineering. A blight has infected the planet (I think a fungi or a type of super bacteria) that is basically killing off all of our crops and the only thing that can grow are certain types of corn. Civilization isn't exactly destroyed but rather, in disarray. Schools still exist but most kids are forced to become farmers and nothing else.

Ugh. Yeah, you'd need a great director to pull this off.

effzee

Its nice to see that gaf over reaction crew is already hard at work.

Read a snippet or synopsis of a movie that just started production about a plot point that figures to be just a starting point, if even that, and all of a sudden the movie is in trouble!

I'll never get the fascination with wanting to claim a movie will suck as if its a competition between nerds to see who could have spotted a bad movie years before release. Everything sucks! Everything will suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom