• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Nolan's next project: sci-fi/time travel film titled 'Interstellar'

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

From The Hollywood Reporter:

With his Batman trilogy now complete, Christopher Nolan has found his next project.

According to multiple sources, Nolan has set his sights on a sci-fi project titled Interstellar, which he will next direct and produce. The project involves time travel and alternate dimensions in a story that sees a group of explorers travel through a wormhole. The script is based on scientific theories developed by a Kip Thorne, a theoretical physicist, a gravitational physicist and astrophysicist at Caltech.

Sources say that dealmaking has been underway for months and is described as very complex.

Interstellar is set up at Paramount but would be made by both Paramount and Warner Bros., where Nolan and his Syncopy banner are based and for which he has made the three Batman movies as well as Insomnia and Inception. (The Prestige was made for Disney.)

The script for Interstellar was written by Jonathan Nolan, Chris' brother, who worked on The Dark Knight Rises and The Dark Knight, as well as Prestige. Jonathan Nolan (known as Jonah) also has a "story by" credit for Memento, Chris Nolan’s breakout movie.

Steven Spielberg was previously attached to direct Interstellar and produce with Lynda Obst. It is unclear if Spielberg will remain involved, especially considering the director's planned next movie, Robopocalypse, was delayed indefinitely on Wednesday.

Regardless of how a deal shakes out, Interstellar has all the elements that seem to attract Nolan. Apart from his brother’s involvement, there is the complex and multi-layered nature of the story.

Nolan is repped by WME and Bloom Hergott.

Jonathan Nolan penned script about time travel and alternate dimensions? Sign me up.

Endo Punk

Nolan tackling time travel? Count me in! Haven't disliked a single film of his and just recently found new appreciation for Prestige, now I put it ahead of the Batman films tbh.

Imagine the plot holes.

155622_o.gif

volpone

Banned
Alright people. Start hedging your bets on the cast.

Cotillard and MyCocaine for sure.

Maybe Cillian Murphy too.

Huh, never knew Disney produced The Prestige. Also Robopocalypse got delayed? I thought they were about to shoot on that.

Still, this is fantastic. Space Inception.

Holy crap christ crap!

Can never get enough of time travel films, especially one by Nolan.

Just announce the same actors he has in all his films and it'll be icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom