• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Nolan's next project: sci-fi/time travel film titled 'Interstellar'

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's interested he'll do it. Although it HAS been 8 years since he paired with Rob Marshall and Alfonso Cuaron.

Just like Zimmer is playing runner-up to Williams' Superman, he will work with the runner-up to Spielberg's Interstellar. Shockingly, they already have a good working relationship!

jtb

Banned
I want Julyan to score it. His stuff for the Prestige and Memento were great fits, a lot better than Zimmer's pretty uninspired Batman/Inception scores.

Chaser

Well this is awesome news.

Glad the film is being made - I was worried it'd disappear with Spielberg apparently passing on it/putting it off for two decades.

Burt

According to multiple sources, Nolan has set his sights on a sci-fi project titled Interstellar, which he will next direct and produce. The project involves time travel and alternate dimensions in a story that sees a group of explorers travel through a wormhole. The script is based on scientific theories developed by a Kip Thorne, a theoretical physicist, a gravitational physicist and astrophysicist at Caltech.

I love Nolan movies, I really do, but considering that he can't even keep the rules straight for his own imaginary sci-fi or establish characters that have at least enough common sense to avoid Grand Canyon-sized plotholes (let alone keep his movies from being overrun with shot and continuity errors), this is just asking for a clusterfuck. I'm sure it'll be great, but man, the post-release internet squabbles about what the hell was actually going on are going to be bar-raising legendary.

And, Nolan is probably fully aware of this and doing it on purpose, like how he reedited Bane's voice after everyone bitched so hard. It's gonna be glorrrrious.

So something like Inception in space. I hope he doesn't spend an hour of the movie just explaining the rules.

I hope he does! :D

I wish this is more emotional (Inception had me going in some parts) like Solaris or The Fountain rather than just 70s revivalism like Moon or Sunshine.

tumblr_m6junkBEdX1r06e0so2_500.gif

CiSTM

Banned
What I'm expecting is something like Primer, but on a much larger scale and with a much, much bigger budget.

If it's going to have +$100 million budget it's not going anywhere near Primer. It will be masqueraded as Primer but in reality it spoon feeds everything to you. But I'm not complaining. Big budget scifi is what it is and it's still better then nothing.

strafer

So what the hell are Spielberg suppose to do now? Hmm, maybe he'll direct JP4 now.

Fucking Nolan taking all the movies.

Radec

Nolan will pick a main lead that havent been a lead on his films before.

Supporting casts will be the same though.

Cant wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom