• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Nolan's next project: sci-fi/time travel film titled 'Interstellar'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ari

Banned
I'm hoping for a new cast like inception. Nolan has a good eye on selecting upcoming big names in hollywood.

Except for guy pearce.

Really hoping Hugh Jackman is involved. Best lead in a Nolan movie so far for me.
Hugh Jackman, Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine...can't wait.
SUMMER 2014

qvmFk.jpg

:)

My shit-tier skills are currently in deep prototyping stage, based on the Syncopy logo.

Someone please swoop in and actually do a good job!

DqqHf.gif

That's actually awesome.

If Anne makes a return, awesome.

You know what, Robin Williams will be the lead. Robin Williams and Michael Caine are two curmudgeonly scientists tearing holes in time and space and not giving a fuck.

xenist

About fucking time this went forward. Spielberg has been connected to this for years and it was always getting pushed back. And even as not a big TDKR fan it's great someone actually good got it.

sounds interesting but with Nolan at the helm you know it will be poorly paced, boring, long winded and have crappily shot action scenes, just like his last few films.

Ugh. I loved the Dark Knight but Rises and Inception just didn't do anything for me. In fact, I can honestly say that Rises was one of the poorer movies I've seen this year. Intersteller will be pretty though. At least that can be guaranteed.

Get Idris Elba and Fassbander to the already established Nolan cast. GAF would implode.
And maybe a Biehn and Craig cameo to satisfy Solo/Sculli...

Busty

Banned
This sounds awesome. I had a feeling that Nolan would make a space opera sooner or later but I never would have thought it would be this.

I'm definitely excited by this but I'm slightly cautious at the same time as there feels like there are too many ways this potential deal can go sideways.

Splitting a project like this between two studios (especially when WB guard Nolan so jealously) seems like it would be a nightmare of a deal to pull off. Especially as Paramount are known for being more 'frugal' than most when it comes to big projects like this.

If anyone can pull off a 'hard sci-fi space film' like this in the current studio climate it's going to be Nolan.

Huh, never knew Disney produced The Prestige.

It was produced and financed by a now defunct sales outfit called Newmarket if I remember correctly and was distributed by Disney's (now rarely used) label Touchstone in the US and by Warner Bros Internationally.

Kudos. I had a feeling that Nolan would go 'space' sooner or later but I never thought it would have been this even with his brother scripting.

Timbuktu

All of a sudden it feels like we're getting an overload of sci fi, time travelling and going into space. Then again, it wasn't like nolan would be doing a character driven drama.

Gemüsepizza;46272272 said:
I hope Warner Bros/Paramount are forcing him to film in HFR 3D... We already have 2013, Mr. Nolan.

Pls god no, Imax all the way. Nolans smart enough to leave the gimmicky crap out.

Solo

Hopefully it won't be weighed down by a chewy, over-written script like his most recent stuff.

Of course it will. The Nolan who made Memento and The Prestige is dead and buried. You will only ever get the Nolan who made Inception now.

Man did I really read through 7 pages of peeps talking about time travel and not space travel? 'Interstellar' refers to SPACE travel Jesus wept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom