• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger DS - Extra Dungeons and Monster battling feature detailed

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
A Link to the Snitch said:
Common sense?

The argument provided to suggest it can't be done are about as compelling as "they can do it because I said so".

That SE can't work their way around it is.

Com'n Link to the Snitch, either drop this pointless argument or explain how the visuals could be improved. This thread isn't going anywhere until one of those happens

grandjedi6 said:
Com'n Link to the Snitch, either drop this pointless argument or explain how the visuals could be improved. This thread isn't going anywhere until one of those happens

Christ, they're SNES graphics. Improve animation? Improve spell effects? Improve detail on sprites and/or the environment? Better world map? Seriously, some people need to settle down. I never once criticized the game for its visuals.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Christ, they're SNES graphics. Improve animation? Improve spell effects?

charlequin said:
I suppose you could add more frames of animation to the sprites

Improve detail on sprites and/or the environment? Better world map?

At a smaller resolution, you have less actual physical space for detail. Unless you want an ultra-zoomed in hyper detailed Chrono Trigger, that has a single character sprite take up half a screen, you cannot just willy-nilly add detail to sprites unless you increase resolution. This is fundamental to sprite work. I just want to make sure you understand that.

B.K.

Cut song? The only song cut from the game that I can think of is Singing Mountain's theme. Were there more songs cut?

B.K. said:
Cut song? The only song cut from the game that I can think of is Singing Mountain's theme. Were there more songs cut?
It will most likely used the unreleased "Battle 2" theme, which is also on the OSV (in addition to Singing Mountain).

Edit: YouTube Link.

The Hermit

mutsu

New screenshots from Famitsu.com

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1218561_1407.html

Dimensional Distortion
1_1.jpg

1_2.jpg

1_3.jpg

Dragon's Sanctuary
2_1.jpg

2_2.jpg

2_3.jpg

Monster battling feature
3_1.jpg

3_2.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
mutsu said:
Is that some sort of Nu I see? Fuck yeah, I had my doubts if we would be able to use Nu in monster battles. Not that this screenshot tells much to me, but... I hope so!

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu, bitches.

Top Bottom