• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Chuck" versus the NeoGAF - The Official Season 2 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

Memles said:
Choreographed that ending a MILE away, but nonetheless: another very strong episodes.

This.

DoctorWho said:
I missed the first 10 minutes... anything I should know? The rest of the episode has been great!

FUCK!!!

Roan Montgomery = Bond, Julie Cooper = Evil Russian Lady

Another good episode. The season is moving at a great pace. I love that Chuck is able to do more things this season instead of just getting in the way during a fighter fight.

I spotted the ending coming a mile away as well, and it made me want next week's episode, now!

Raistlin

That was a really fun episode.

Admittedly, I'm a bit biased. I’ve always loved John ‘I …… NEED…FLESH!!!’ Larroquette. <3

His character on Night Court is one of my all-time favorites. He was absolutely perfect as a debaucherous ex-Bond.

anaron

As I was turning the channel(earlier)
I briefly saw the scene but knew it was the ending so I looked away. I thought it was Bryce though.:lol

Future episode spoiler: Can't wait to see Chuck parade HIS old girlfriend around.:D

Good episode. Moar Melinda Clark is always appreciated :)

Oozer3993

Larroquette was awesome, as he always is in guest spots. Anyone remember him on The Practice? He was a demented killer. I like Bryce, except when he's moving in on Sarah. Bastard. Some one needs to make a gif out of Chuck's little speech to Melinda Clark at the elevator. It was classic.

mYm|17|

Oozer3993 said:
Larroquette was awesome, as he always is in guest spots. Anyone remember him on The Practice? He was a demented killer. I like Bryce, except when he's moving in on Sarah. Bastard. Some one needs to make a gif out of Chuck's little speech to Melinda Clark at the elevator. It was classic.

I so figured that Bryce would be in Sarah's room.................it was too obvious

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Ceres said:
That's why I avoid paying attention to those as a habit.

Yeah, luckily I have learned to ignore guest star roles. Unfortunately it didn't help in this case since I had read the episode summary for next week's episode so I figured he would be showing up. I just hope they have a good use for him outside of being a wrench to slow down any Chuck/Sarah relationship progress.

The episode itself was great. Larroquette was awesome as always. As was Big Mike. "I ain't new!"

First webisode is up.

Features a brief shot of one Mr Tony Hale. :D
r85j0i.jpg

Solo

"His liver must look like camoflauge!" :lol

Another fantatic episode. Loved Clark ("you can come up and make mad passionate sex to me") and especially Larroqeutte (who had me laughing throughout; hope he returns for some future episodes). Loved Chuck's Die Hard-esque jump from the Buy More roof. The Wheel of Misfortune :lol And, yet again, Sarah looked good enough to eat throughout. I was slightly more in the Ellie end of the pool last season, but I dunno, Sarah is winning me over this year.

Also, for those saying the ending was telegraphed, aside from the obvious reason of Bryce being listed in the credits (which I actually missed), what makes you say that? Sure, I figured it would happen too once the final scene kicked in, Chuck got Montomery's advice, and he approached Sarah's door, but that was all within the last minute of the episode. I had no inkling for the previous 59 minutes that Bryce would be showing up.

Also, whoever said that holding off the Sarah/Chuck finally pairing up was right on the money. TV show history is littered with examples of shows that lost their spark once the couple everyone wants to see together finally does get together. Its the teasing that keeps us loving it.

Memles

Solo said:
Also, for those saying the ending was telegraphed, aside from the obvious reason of Bryce being listed in the credits (which I actually missed), what makes you say that? Sure, I figured it would happen too once the final scene kicked in, Chuck got Montomery's advice, and he approached Sarah's door, but that was all within the last minute of the episode. I had no inkling for the previous 59 minutes that Bryce would be showing up.

This is true, but the second he gave Chuck the advice I put two and two together, and too quickly at that. I'm not saying that it wasn't valuable in terms of a cliffhanger, or that it ruined anything, but it was just a bit TOO clear that there was absolutely no chance of anything close to a happy ending. Less complaining than observing, then, let's say.

Ratings news from last night...
ChuckTV said:
Second Episode of Chuck Still Not Watched by Many
By Mel • Oct 7th, 2008 • Category: news, ratings

The second episode of Chuck still struggled against the lineups on ABC and CBS, coming in third for the hour with an estimated 5.89 million viewers (for comparison, Dancing with the Stars averaged 17.5 million viewers during the same hour). The show was second in the coveted 18-49 demographic, however; NBC must be feeling good about that.
"Dancing With the Stars" was easily the biggest draw Monday night. The two-hour dance contest averaged 18.2 million viewers for ABC.

Disney-owned ABC won the night in total viewers, but CBS was more popular among the 18-to-49 age group so dear to advertisers.

The CBS comedies ran second to "Dancing": "The Big Bang Theory" with 9.3 million viewers, "How I Met Your Mother" with 9 million, "Two and a Half Men" with 13.9 million and "Worst Week" with 8.8 million.

At 8 p.m., NBC's "Chuck" (5.9 million) edged Fox's "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" (5.6 million).

At 9 p.m., NBC's "Heroes" ran third with 8.2 million viewers. Fox's "Prison Break" was a distant fourth with 5.4 million.

The CW lineup was in reruns.

At 10, CBS' "CSI: Miami" drew 13.6 million, outpacing ABC's "Boston Legal" (9.4 million) and NBC's "Life" (5.8 million).

For the night, ABC averaged 15.7 million. The rest: CBS with 11.4 million, NBC with 6.6 million, Fox with 5.5 million and The CW with 1.7 million.

Solo

Fair enough. Actually, I like Bryce showing up, because I finally want Sarah to come to the point where she tells him to get lost, and stops being hung up on him.

EDIT: ratings :_( Why?

Quotes courtesy of the posters over on TWoP.

"If the hotel room is rockin' then...we're probably having sex."

"How is this boy supposed to seduce her without alcohol!?"

Chuck: Hey, missy!
Roan (over earpiece): Don't call her "missy!"
Sasha: Yes, Mr. Carmichael?
Chuck: I just want to tell you, you're a fool.
Sasha: Excuse me?
Chuck: No, I don't think I will. See, you're headed up to your room right now, to get ready for bed. Floss, creams, maybe watch a little TV. And then, right before you drift off to sleep, you're going to have one final, terrifying thought.
Sasha: Really? What's that?
Chuck: That you passed up an evening with the greatest lover you'll ever know.
Sasha: And who might that be?
Chuck: Oh, you're lookin' at him, sister. A man trained in the art of seduction. A man who's traveled the world, sampling women of every different culture and creed. So I will offer one final time before boarding my jet and heading off to an undisclosed rendezvous of which I'm already late: CAN I BUY YOU A CLUB SODA?!
Sasha: No, thank you.
Chuck: Okay, I just thought I'd ask. Have a good night.
Sasha: But you CAN take me up to my room and make mad, passionate sex to me.
(Elevator bell dings)
Roan (in surveillance van, to himself): I've still got it.

Memles said:
This is true, but the second he gave Chuck the advice I put two and two together, and too quickly at that. I'm not saying that it wasn't valuable in terms of a cliffhanger, or that it ruined anything, but it was just a bit TOO clear that there was absolutely no chance of anything close to a happy ending. Less complaining than observing, then, let's say.

Exactly how it went for me and how I feel about it. I just knew when he was walking up to the door that someone was going to be with her, and I immediately thought it was Bryce as well.

Bryce being back isn't a bad thing for me. He was ok as a character, he just messes with the Chuck-Sarah mojo. :lol

Also, I dig both Sarah and Ellie, but something about Ellie seems a bit different this season. Can't put my finger on it, but Sarah has definitely been coming across as the hotter of the two for me as well.

Coop

Those ratings are sad but it seems like a lot of shows are down. Doesn't Heroes usually do around 10 million?

Ceres said:
Shush now. Terminator episode was pretty good last night.

Haven't seen it yet. It's on the DVR, but I'm hoping it's better than last weeks. I like Terminator well enough, but it's the one show I watch that is most likely to get the axe first, and if it has to sacrifice itself for Chuck, then so be it. :D

Seth C

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Haven't seen it yet. It's on the DVR, but I'm hoping it's better than last weeks. I like Terminator well enough, but it's the one show I watch that is most likely to get the axe first, and if it has to sacrifice itself for Chuck, then so be it. :D

Among my Monday night lineup (Heroes, Chuck, Terminator, How I Met Your Mother) I would give up Heroes first, then Terminator.

mYm|17|

Kung Fu Jedi said:
I think I gave up Heroes last night.

Was it that bad. I was gonna give it another chance, but i'm starting to believe that I shouldn't waste my time with that show anymore

mYm|17| said:
Was it that bad. I was gonna give it another chance, but i'm starting to believe that I shouldn't waste my time with that show anymore

Well, I don't want to derail this thread too much, and obviously there is the Heroes thread for discussion, but basically in a nutshell, I thought the first two episodes were awful, but that last weeks got much better. This week was a step back for me, as the show is just all over the place and really seems lack focus and consistency. It also continues to reach new heights of stupidity with the characters and their use of their powers.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Episode was good, but I concur with folks - Bryce is unlikeable and I hope get gets cancer. In the ass.

mYm|17|

Willco said:
Episode was good, but I concur with folks - Bryce is unlikeable and I hope get gets cancer. In the ass.

I liked the episode as well and bringing Bryce back will just make the season even more interesting. I wonder why he came back besides for the obvious reasons

I've been TiNo'ing (taping but not watching) Heroes so far this season. Probably time for me to cancel that subscription and move on. Doesn't sound like people have been enjoying it.
mYm|17| said:
I liked the episode as well and bringing Bryce back will just make the season even more interesting. I wonder why he came back besides for the obvious reasons
snp95i.jpg

Solo

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Fox needs to go ahead and kill Terminator so that some of the audience will come over to Chuck. :D

I suggested this in the Terminator thread. It didnt go over well. It was almost a pineapple situation.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
mYm|17| said:

Along with Bryce, later in the season (fairly well known character spoiler)
Chuck's old girlfriend Jill will be back for several episodes
. Which I imagine will be used to prevent anymore forward progress in a Chuck/Sarah relationship. At least for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom