• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Chuck" versus the NeoGAF - The Official Season 2 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
33eplad.jpg

Season 2 of Chuck doesn't officially premiere until Monday, September 29th, but the first episode will be up on Hulu on the 22nd. Thought I'd fire up an official thread for the show. The promos have been looking good, and there's a few of us excited about the new season. The show has been picked up for a full 22 episode season, and it will be airing Mondays at 8pm on NBC.

Summary:
NBC.com said:
From executive producer, Josh Schwartz ("The O.C.") and executive producer-director McG ("Charlie's Angels," "We Are Marshall") comes a one-hour, action-comedy series about Chuck Bartowski (Zachary Levi, "Less Than Perfect") -- a computer geek who is catapulted into a new career as the government's most vital secret agent. When Chuck opens an e-mail subliminally encoded with government secrets, he unwittingly downloads an entire server of sensitive data into his brain. Now, the fate of the world lies in the unlikely hands of a guy who works at a Buy More Electronics store. Instead of fighting computer viruses, he must now confront assassins and international terrorists. With the government's most precious secrets in Chuck's head, Major John Casey of the National Security Agency (Adam Baldwin, "My Bodyguard") assumes the responsibility of protecting him. His partner is the CIA's top agent (and Chuck's first date in years), Sarah Walker (Yvonne Strzechowski, "Gone"). They'll try to keep him safe by trading in his pocket protector for a bulletproof vest. Also starring are Joshua Gomez ("Without a Trace") as Morgan, Chuck's best buddy, and Sarah Lancaster ("What About Brian?") as Chuck's ever-supportive sister, Ellie.

9ll8cw.jpg

Videos:
Main Hulu Page
Chuck catch up: 4 minute season 1 summary
Chuck vs Season 2: The Montage (S2 clip reel from Comic Con)
Season 2 Promo 1
Season 2 Promo 2
Season 2 Promo 3

2n7qpn7.jpg

Upcoming Episodes:
Chuck Versus the First Date 9/29/2008 (9/22 on Hulu!)
Chuck Versus the Seduction 10/6/2008
Chuck Versus the Break-Up 10/13/2008
Chuck Versus the Cougars 10/20/2008
Chuck Versus Tom Sawyer 10/27/2008

snp95i.jpg

New Cast Members and Guest Stars:
Tony Hale
Jordana Brewster
Melinda Clarke
Gary Cole
Michael Clarke Duncan

qxksg1.jpg

Links:
Chuck Fansite
IMDB
Wikipedia
Main Hulu Page
TV.com
Chuck S1 NeoGAF Thread

2cnti10.gif

Reviews:
I'll add these when they pop up later.

Note: If you're going to watch the show early on Hulu, please spoiler tag your thoughts for the people that are waiting until broadcast. Thanks.

Ceres

Banned
It's airing opposite Sarah Connor Chronicles and How I Met Your Mother and we can only DVR 2 things at a time while watching 1 of them.
Since I'm the only one watching Chuck and we both watch SCC & HIMYM I'm getting vetoed on the show :-/

Awesome! Can't wait for Chuck to be back. I'd rather they did away with the huge Heroes blowout tonight and launched Chuck instead. :lol

Meier

Best new show of the last season -- I can't wait. I got an email from Amazon Video on Demand that seems to indicate it is viewable early there as well (with bonus content supposedly). Definitely would like to watch it tonight but I may just wait for the broadcast.

Meier said:
Best new show of the last season -- I can't wait. I got an email from Amazon Video on Demand that seems to indicate it is viewable early there as well (with bonus content supposedly). Definitely would like to watch it tonight but I may just wait for the broadcast.

Wait?!? It's not showing tonight right? It's not until next week. Don't we have bunch of Heros stuff tonight?

Busty

Banned
I really enjoyed the first season and actually made a point of recommending the first season DVD box set to friends.

It has a perfect opening credit sequence. Not too cheesy and just the right amount ofm 'tounge in cheek', really good. :)

Bring. It. On.

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Wait?!? It's not showing tonight right? It's not until next week. Don't we have bunch of Heros stuff tonight?
It's on Hulu and apparently Amazon VoD sometime today. The broadcast premiere isn't until next Monday.

Cornballer said:
It's on Hulu and apparently Amazon VoD sometime today. The broadcast premiere isn't until next Monday.

Yeah. See it now. I think I'll try to wait to watch it when it premiere's next week in HD on my TV.

Aeon712

Chuck was the only show I picked last year that I actually liked, can't wait for new season. Plus I got my DVR now so I don't have to miss half the season :D.

Solo

Awesome! My favorite show on TV right now returns, and the GAF Chuck Herd reassembles! The Chuck S1 thread was great, one of my GAF highlights to see our merry band of supporters chiming in with love each week. How about a link to that thread in the OP, Cornballer?

Im going to exercise some patience and wait until next Monday to see the premiere in glorious HD when its broadcast. Im sure I wont be the only one, so I think we'd all appreciate it if you guys watching it today/sometime within the week dont spoil it for us.

Cant wait for 9/29!

Solo said:
How about a link to that thread in the OP, Cornballer?
Done! :D
Im going to exercise some patience and wait until next Monday to see the premiere in glorious HD when its broadcast.
I can't decide if I want to wait. Normally I'd just watch it early, but the show looks so good in HD that it's probably worth being a little patient.

Busty

Banned
lunarworks said:
Someone better have a way to rip that Hulu thing. It's geo-locked, so it can't be watched outside of the US.

If you're in the UK it should be on VirginOne in November......I think.

They are being pretty prompt with the new season of Terminator:Sarah Connor so they may turn around Chuck pretty quickly as well.

suaveric

Ceres said:
It's airing opposite Sarah Connor Chronicles and How I Met Your Mother and we can only DVR 2 things at a time while watching 1 of them.
Since I'm the only one watching Chuck and we both watch SCC & HIMYM I'm getting vetoed on the show :-/

In my house it's Chuck vs Terminator vs Gossip Girl. Terminator got voted off the island, I'll have to catch it on Hulu starting next week.

Ryu1999

Ceres said:

I'm having the exact same problem in terms of DVR-limitations. Thankfully I don't watch TV with other people. Probably end up watching HIMYM live and dvr-ing SCC and Chuck because I've managed to convince more people to watch HIMYM than the other shows

ChrisGoldstein said:
She's spectacular no doubt, one messed up tooth though that she needs to fix.

aawvih.gif

So many fine ass chicks on TV. Yvonne S, Rachel Bilson, Summer Glau, Evangeline Lilly, Emile De Raven...must...not...google...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Busty said:
If you're in the UK it should be on VirginOne in November......I think.

They are being pretty prompt with the new season of Terminator:Sarah Connor so they may turn around Chuck pretty quickly as well.

when is Terminator back on? Shame Virgin has shitty quality SD. Even the Chuck SD version downloaded from itunes is better quality.

might check if itunes do this and terminator in HD.

Memles

Curse, thee, Hulu - sure, I could try to find a way to get my Canadian proxy to tunnel my way into Hulu (and would actually really like to so that I could watch it without having to choose between it and HIMYM next week), but it's frustrating that no Canadian equivalent is offering the same streaming service.

Sigh. Hope you all enjoy!

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Hmm, I want to watch the new episode as soon as possible, but at the same time I would rather wait to see it in HD first. Damn you NBC for making me chose! :lol

Cornballer said:
Is Amazon VoD region locked, as well? That's available now, too.

Yep. The video actually plays in the bg while a stupid region lock error message floats above it, get rid of the error message, and you go to a EULA page. It's possible to watch the episode... but that thing's in the way. Absolutely brilliant.

Brian Fellows said:
Its the internet. You have to pick sides on all things. Where have you been. :D

Damn... It's like Sarah is a 360 and Ellie is a PS3, and I can't decide which one I'd rather have play with my Wii.

CzarTim

I loved the Flight of the Concords song, nice cameo. Overall the episode was forgettable, but not necessarily bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom