• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Chuck" versus the NeoGAF - The Official Season 2 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMFG Yvonne is so fucking ultra awesomely hot jesus christ. She´s the prettiest girl from all tv shows IMO.

And this show is so full of win! :D

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
As hard as it was I am glad I waited to see it tonight in HD. Great episode to start off the new season. Chuck is quickly becoming my favorite show on TV.

I think my favorite parts were the target shooting with Reagan, the entire date scene, the line in the car after the escape, and the Thunder Dome. The last in particular was great. Amazing a show like this can take such an absurd idea and run with it and have it be perfectly believable based on the show's charcters.

I also wasn't expecting the twist at the end of the episode. I knew there was a twist coming up, I just didn't think it would be that. I am guessing based on the group of people with sunglasses that the plan was to create a bunch of Chuck's, but ones that are actual trained field agents.

Also, wikipedia has previews for the next couple of episodes. Chuck vs.
Tom Sawyer
sounds ridiculously awesome.

Screaming_Gremlin said:
...and the Thunder Dome. The last in particular was great.

It's amazing how the show effortlessly juggles two completely separate worlds: geeky retail hell and secret agents. Each half of the show could surely exist on its own, yet together they are even more awesome.

Wow! Great way to get the season underway. I was watching it live earlier, and got a phone call, so I was interrupted, but thanks to the wonders of the DVR, everything is cool and I got to watch the rest of the show. It was so good. I can believe how much I missed the show, until it got rolling. :)

Thunder Dome as awesome. Yogurt and Fun was awesome. Chuck using COD to trick the bad guys... yeah. Awesome. Can't wait for next week.

anaron

I have to admit, because of the strike I had lost most of my interest in Chuck.

I followed the show during it's 13 episode run and while I really enjoyed it I haven't really bothered to care when it would return.

After tonights premeire I'm pulled right back in. :D It was fantastic! Definitely one of if not the strongest episode to date. The pacing was great and the drama/comedy was nicely balanced. Casey's salute to the Reagan range had me loling.

Can't wait for next weeks! :)

Solo

Fucking awesome! A+ from me - I love this show, and god I missed it!

Randomness since Im getting sleepy and dont have coherent thoughts right now:

- how insanely got was Sarah in this one?
- Huey Lewis :lol
- "your boss, Carmichael, he's good" *Casey's face*
- Thunderdome :lol
- loved seeing Chuck and Sarah on a real date, and even though I knew it would get broken up, I still was angered by it. The writers and the cast so have me by the balls
- "Casey, 90 Twinkies!" *Casey looking disinterested* "...he might die!" *Casey gets interested and runs to catch up*

Chuck was my favorite new show last year, and eventually it became my favorite show period, and this premiere only served to reinforce that. Simultaneously the most hilarious, charming, and fun show on TV. Awesome!

Memles

Simply put, Chuck is officially balanced: the Buy More crew is in the credits, Chuck is still delightfully in the cross-section of three different worlds, and yet I have no fear that the show will fall too far into being one show or another.

I wrote a big long review, but add Chuck to my growing lists of shows where I'm no longer worried about critiquing them so much as just basking in their assured quality.

Mashing

Man, I love this show for all the reasons you guys have already expressed. Such great characters and writing. It all comes together so perfectly.

And I such a goddamned crush on Ellie. My god, shes my perfect woman.

Solo

Im surprised and a bit saddened not to see more discussion of the premiere. Its maybe the best episode of the series yet.

The ratings are also depressing :( Despite all the rave reviews from media outlets and us fans alike, it looks like by and large, people arent watching the show. The premiere got about 3 million LESS viewers than the pilot did last year.

Solo said:
Im surprised and a bit saddened not to see more discussion of the premiere. Its maybe the best episode of the series yet.

The ratings are also depressing :( Despite all the rave reviews from media outlets and us fans alike, it looks like by and large, people arent watching the show. The premiere got about 3 million LESS viewers than the pilot did last year.

Ratings are disappointing. Hope Chuck doesn't go the way of Journeyman thanks to NBC's crappy programming decisions. To be honest though, I don't now anyone who watches the show or even knows what it is when I mention it. I got the same responses last year with Journeyman, which ended up being the best new show of the year, and no one watched.

Solo

There honestly hasnt been a bad episode out of the 14 yet. My favorites definitely include The Alma Mater, The Truth, The Nemesis, and The First Date, though.

Early releases (Hulu, screener leaks, etc...) tend to stifle conversation of tv shows on GAF. The same thing happened with The Wire last season.

Not sure what to think about the ratings. I don't know what the network's expectations are and what they were like towards the end of last season.

Yeah, agreed. The show is so well done and tightly written, that none of them have been bad so far. But with this one, it feels like they've started to really hit their stride.

Screaming_Gremlin

I wouldn't be too worried about the ratings yet. I can't imagine NBC had the highest expectations since they had the episode all over the internet for the week leading up to the premier. Plus, NBC has already extended their episode order from a half season to an entire season.

Solo

Cornballer said:
Early releases (Hulu, screener leaks, etc...) tend to stifle conversation of tv shows on GAF.

Damn you, Hulu! Oh well, the premiere was the only one they intend to put on Hulu early, right? So hopefully next week we will all see "...vs. The Seduction" the same day.

Yup, that's the only one going up early on Hulu.

Didn't get a chance to rewatch it last night in HD, but I'll check it out some time this week. We need to find someone to make some Chuck gif's, too. :D

Screaming_Gremlin

Cornballer said:
I want one of Casey throwing the microwave at the agent.

I don't have it since I am on my work computer, but I know this gif exists. I have seen it show up over at Something Awful.

Coverly

Did anybody find it really stupid(more than usual) towards the end when the room filled with hundreds of monitors blew up because of a trojan horse virus?

I mean, shortcircuiting the monitors and having the glass break I can see, but a full blown small nuke effect??

What did they make these monitors with, C4?

SRG01

Solo said:
Casey alone had several GIF-worthy moments last night - his Reagan wink :lol

Casey is just a one-liner and GIF machine. :lol

From last season:
No, you idiot. This is to get you laid
:lol

Screaming_Gremlin

Coverly said:
Did anybody find it really stupid(more than usual) towards the end when the room filled with hundreds of monitors blew up because of a trojan horse virus?

I mean, shortcircuiting the monitors and having the glass break I can see, but a full blown small nuke effect??

What did they make these monitors with, C4?

I will need to watch the scene again, but I didn't think it was an actually virus. I thought they replaced the entire component with a bomb and that was what blew up.

Screaming_Gremlin said:
I don't have it since I am on my work computer, but I know this gif exists. I have seen it show up over at Something Awful.
Post it over here if you see it again. I've been trying to find that gif for a while now.

Coverly

Screaming_Gremlin said:
I will need to watch the scene again, but I didn't think it was an actually virus. I thought they replaced the entire component with a bomb and that was what blew up.

From what I remember they told chuck that it didn't work because it was infected and the explosion actually came from the left side monitors from where the men stood. I don't remember the explosion originating from the computer desk.

I hope they learned their lesson though. Next time they activate it, use gotomypc!!

Jasoco

Banned
Fuck!

I just discovered a little temporal conflict with Monday night entertainment.

My TiVo didn't record Chuck last night. After looking at my history and season pass arrangement I discovered that Terminator, HIMYM and Chuck are ALL SHOW DURING THE SAME FUCKING 8 O'CLOCK HOUR!

I have two tuners. I need three!

Now fortunately NBC replays the episode on Saturday. At least according to my upcoming showings. But how long is that going to last? NBC could remove the Saturday episode at any time.

I'm just lucky my Chuck happened to be lower than Terminator and HIMYM because neither of those two replay later.

I really don't want to have to start going to the internet every week just to watch one of them because DVR's don't have three tuners (They should have a hundred if you ask me. Why take chances?). Why can't like Fox move Terminator to 9PM? Or CBS move HIMYM to 9? One of them needs to move!

I should have known it was going to happen when Terminator didn't record the last two weeks. (It had been recording a repeat of Chuck, but I never put it together that all three of them were conflicting.)

So now I can either give in and download last nights episode or wait until Saturday. Especially since I have a better chance of seeing it in HD if I wait. Oh irony of ironies.

Jasoco said:
Fuck!

I just discovered a little temporal conflict with Monday night entertainment.

My TiVo didn't record Chuck last night. After looking at my history and season pass arrangement I discovered that Terminator, HIMYM and Chuck are ALL SHOW DURING THE SAME FUCKING 8 O'CLOCK HOUR!

I have two tuners. I need three!

Now fortunately NBC replays the episode on Saturday. At least according to my upcoming showings. But how long is that going to last? NBC could remove the Saturday episode at any time.

I'm just lucky my Chuck happened to be lower than Terminator and HIMYM because neither of those two replay later.

I really don't want to have to start going to the internet every week just to watch one of them because DVR's don't have three tuners (They should have a hundred if you ask me. Why take chances?). Why can't like Fox move Terminator to 9PM? Or CBS move HIMYM to 9? One of them needs to move!

I should have known it was going to happen when Terminator didn't record the last two weeks. (It had been recording a repeat of Chuck, but I never put it together that all three of them were conflicting.)

So now I can either give in and download last nights episode or wait until Saturday. Especially since I have a better chance of seeing it in HD if I wait. Oh irony of ironies.

Two suggestions. 1) Get AT&T Uverse. Record four shows at once. :)
2) Dump How I Met Your Mother. ;)

Costanza

Banned
Kung Fu Jedi said:
Two suggestions. 1) Get AT&T Uverse. Record four shows at once. :)
2) Dump How I Met Your Mother. ;)
How I Met Your Mother is great.

Just watch HIMYM on CBS.com and record Chuck. That's what I do.

Costanza said:
How I Met Your Mother is great.

Just watch HIMYM on CBS.com and record Chuck. That's what I do.

Yeah, I know it's loved around here, and it's not a bad show. Gets a bit repetitive for me. I find it amusing from time to time.

Jasoco

Banned
I can't watch HIMYM in SD on a website. Especially since I can't put it in fullscreen and still continue using my computer. (Something I found out while trying to watch Dr. Horrible on Hulu while continuing to internet.) Especially not after last nights "Best Burger" episode. God that was good. Anything but HD would be horrible. And if I'm going to watch it in non-HD I'd rather download a torrent. Which is what I am trying to avoid! (But if NBC does decide to stop repeating Chuck on Saturdays, it might have to be done.)

There is only one solution and that is to move one of the shows to another time slot.

The question is which network do I start making daily calls to to get it done? ;)

But I digest. I can't participate in this discussion until Saturday. Unless...... Dammit, why isn't Chuck on Hulu's HD Gallery? Do they not care enough about it? :(

sscrew

A week ago i had never seen an episode of Chuck. Went through and watched all of Season One just in time to see the first episode of Season 2.

OMFG this show is awesome. The characters are just awesome... so awesome that they had to create a character specifically for the word. :D

Can't believe what i was missing out on. Hot girls, awesome action, extremely funny and great characters. They have to have Sarah getting changed in every episode... :D

Solo

That scene in the premiere with Sarah changing before her date with Chuck....I might still be drooling.

2qv4avs.jpg

ChuckTV said:
In his latest Mega Minute, TV Guide correspondant Matt Mitovich reveals that Chuck is preparing to shoot a 3-D episode! The script is currently FJSEO (for Josh Schwartz’s Eyes Only), but is scheduled to film in October. Sounds like episode 2.13 or 2.14 to us, which also translates to Chuck, Sarah, Casey and the Nerd Herd invading your living room during February sweeps.
Video of the TV Guide stuff via this link.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Solo said:
When did the Feder Man start watching the show? You should grace us with your presence more often.
And with your sudden abundence of free time, now you can!

I've been watching the show since last season. I'm even purchasing episodes on XBL in an effort support the show. It's not my favorite - I thought the first season was hit or miss. But I like the concept and it's gotten better as the show has evolved. This was a great premiere, though.

New episode on tonight.
NBC said:
SWEET SEDUCTION–Emmy Award winner John Larroquette (“Boston Legal”) guest-stars as the legendary debonair spy Roan Montgomery and Melinda Clarke (“The O.C.”) guest-stars as a sultry but dangerous female spy known as the Black Widow. Chuck (Zachary Levi) must go undercover to retrieve the Cipher from the Black Widow. But in order to get close to his target, Chuck must learn the art of seduction from the suave and sophisticated Roan. Unfortunately for Chuck, Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) and Casey (Adam Baldwin), Roan is no longer the world’s greatest spy. Meanwhile, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) offers Captain Awesome (Ryan McPartlin) some advice for a romantic night with Ellie (Sarah Lancaster), and Lester (Vik Sahay) struggles to gain respect at Buy More as the new assistant manager. Jeff Krinsky, Julia Ling and Mark Christopher Lawrence also star.

Solo said:
May god smile upon you, Cornballer!
*high five*

Solo

John L and Melinda Clarke? Yes please! Clarke looks to be playing a russian femme fatale by the looks of the commercial I saw recently. So awesome.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. Should be a fun one, and last week set a good tone for the start of the season.

And holy shit at Wilco dropping by to weigh in. :lol

Solo said:
John L and Melinda Clarke? Yes please! Clarke looks to be playing a russian femme fatale by the looks of the commercial I saw recently. So awesome.
Lady Heather is in it??? And I thought this show couldn't get any more awesome.

Yeah, just as it's about to start, my DVR starts acting weird. Restared and is now going though an add start-up process. Apparently DirecTV put out an update today that has caused issues with many of the receivers. Fingers are crossed that it works for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom