• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chucklefish dev comments on Stardew Valley Switch Edition

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
There's your update.

20170821_155837gqshs.png

Vanillalite

If people want a physical edition of this on Switch it sounds like you might want to let the devs know.

They seem on the fence it appears.

Retro

This sounds messy

It will be the publisher's first Nintendo console port, I believe, and after vastly underestimating the time it would take to complete their first game (Starbound) by a couple years it sounds more cautious to me.

TheKeyPit

Banned
It will be the publisher's first console port, and after vastly underestimating the time it would take to complete their first game (Starbound) by a couple years it sounds more cautious to me.
You sure mean their first Nintendo console port.

I noticed a few indies that have retail releases on other systems aren't getting one on Switch. The Escapists 2 by Team17 being one example. Now's the time to get that changed on Switch with it being the hot thing right now. People want to see new games in stores they can buy!

Surely Team17's not dumb enough to decide against one for Yooka-Laylee on Switch, SURELY?!

This and Hollow Knight are killing me knowing I could play them on PC right now, but also know I will enjoy them much more on the Switch. Can't come soon enough, but luckily there's D2 to distract.

Also secret hope that Ruiner eventually makes its way onto the system.

The ๖ۜBronx;246644530 said:
This and Hollow Knight are killing me knowing I could play them on PC right now, but also know I will enjoy them much more on the Switch. Can't come soon enough, but luckily there's D2 to distract.

LOL I'm in the same boat. I think the wait is even worse KNOWING I could play it right now - but it's gonna be SO GOOD on the Switch!

deadfolk

The ๖ۜBronx;246644530 said:

I'm certain I'm going to kick myself, but...D2?

Edit: nm. Destiny, obv.

Sounds p reasonable, I am sure we will get it before the holidays. Looking forward to getting addicted to this game all over again.

Orb

It will be the publisher's first Nintendo console port, I believe, and after vastly underestimating the time it would take to complete their first game (Starbound) by a couple years it sounds more cautious to me.
I just hope it comes out, everything theyve said so far has been "maybe sooner or later"

Retro

I just hope it comes out, everything theyve said so far has been "maybe sooner or later"

Oh, it's definitely coming. The head of Chucklefish tweeted a picture of it running on Switch just a week or two ago, so they're in the testing phase at this point.

DrBo42

I've held off on getting the PC version and now that I have a Switch is seems like a perfect pairing. Not sure why something equally of a no-brainer like Animal Crossing is MIA. Hopefully it's out in September.

ZugZug123

Patiently waiting to double dip (already have it on PC). This is supposed to be the co-op debut on console too, I think, so they can take their time.

Sounds like great news.

Better than shit devs (NBA Playgrounds) that throw a game on the eShop, get sales then fix it's flaws waaaaaaaaaay later.

You have to keep in mind too guys, the dev is still working on releasing Wargroove too, across many platforms, including the Switch.

Really hoping for a Physical version on Switch. Even if it comes later I'd probably pick it up, but was really hoping for a Physical release at the same time as digital.

This sucks, but I guess wait, we shall. It sucks so much because I could have bought this by now on PS4 or PC, even though it FEELS like it would be at home on Switch.

Luckily there's three great titles launching next week. Bummer that it was marketed with a "summer" date. While it can still be launched in summer, most people aren't thinking September (or later) when summer is mentioned.

I hope the eventual release date is revealed VERY close to release.

fernoca

Sounds like great news.

Better than shit devs (NBA Playgrounds) that throw a game on the eShop, get sales then fix it's flaws waaaaaaaaaay later.

You have to keep in mind too guys, the dev is still working on releasing Wargroove too, across many platforms, including the Switch.
As a publisher, not dev of Stardew Valley.
They're also bringing Pocket Rumble to Switch.

It's got to be super close. That's what the very soon hints feel like. I have a feeling in a few weeks we'll get an announcement with it popping up on the eshop shortly after.

brerwolfe

I have trip to Asia the second week of October, 26-hour flight. Would LOOOOOOVE to have this. I stopped playing on ps4 as soon as they announced the Switch version.

Not buying this when it was $11 for the X1/PS4 for the Prime Day sale killed me, but hopefully the wait will all be worth it when it releases on the Switch.

jwk94

Isn't this the dev/publisher who was supposed to bring Pocket Rumble to Switch in March then kept delaying it?

fernoca

Isn't this the dev/publisher who was supposed to bring Pocket Rumble to Switch in March then kept delaying it?
They are publishing the game, but the delay is because the developer is not only actively working on the game, but working around issues with the online side of the game.

Vanillalite

Chucklefish publish a lot of indie games. They also have some in house dev people to help with projects that get big.

Stardew Valley was essentially 1 dude. Now it's a huge game with tons of patches on a variety of systems. So they provide support.

I wish more devs adhered to this party line. Hell, I would welcome reading about it stealth launching during my morning coffee. Pre-launch pre-order marketing hype culture is a cancer on modern gaming.

Top Bottom