• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CHVRCHES- Every Open Eye |OT| Clearest Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 is shaping up to be an awesome year in music. If Kanye drops Swish (lol) it might overtake 2013. :0

EDIT: Clearest Blue is my favorite song of the year.

Lima

"Found" the target version and added the bonus tracks to my iTunes purchase. So glad that they made that live version of Clearest Blue available. Sooo much better than the studio version.

That buildup and drop is amazing. Every time I picture myself at an EDM festival just going off after. Shit is amazing.

Been listening to this for a few days and it's pretty great. I can understand some of the criticism of it being to samey but it works.

Anyone see them live? I have tickets for a show Thursday but I'm not too sure (annoying drive into Philly plus going alone). This album is so good and would be great live but wasn't to impressed when I YouTubed some of their past sets.

hunnies28

Been listening to this for a few days and it's pretty great. I can understand some of the criticism of it being to samey but it works.

Anyone see them live? I have tickets for a show Thursday but I'm not too sure (annoying drive into Philly plus going alone). This album is so good and would be great live but wasn't to impressed when I YouTubed some of their past sets.

I had a plan to drive from Tijuana to LA just to see them live last year but I was not able to grab tickets. Go for it man!

Certinty

Bloody amazing album, overall I think it's better than their debut album.

Make Them Gold is probably my favourite song of the year so far.

So happy this album delivered, been let down way too much this year thus far.

I listened to this like 5 times yesterday. I think it's pretty much an improvement over Bones on every level. Like there's no weak track here

Never Ending Circles
Leave A Trace
Keep You On My Side
Down Side of Me
Bury It
Get Away
*****Follow You***** my favorite
Bow Down

I like this more than the 2nd album, but less than the first.

Strong first half, but definitely weaker than Bones for me. Bones was a perfect album, however, where I literally loved every single track, so it was always going to be a tough act to follow.

I agree that Lauren's vocals are way stronger on this album.

Dead

well not really...yet
Listened to the whole thing.

The band sounds very confident, they have really come into their own. The album really comes off as them having found "their" sound. It's a really, really good LP, and Lauren's vocals are definitely improved.

I think it's overall a better album than the first, but on an individual song basis, there isn't a song on it that is as "WOW" as Tether or Science/Visions imo.

Pretty exciting stuff either way. <3

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
"Found" the target version and added the bonus tracks to my iTunes purchase. So glad that they made that live version of Clearest Blue available. Sooo much better than the studio version.

That buildup and drop is amazing. Every time I picture myself at an EDM festival just going off after. Shit is amazing.

Which version is that? Can you watch it on YouTube?

Just picked this up tonight on a whim. Honestly didn't even know they had a new album coming out. Really loving it so far. And it's kind of hard for me to find music I really like these days.

Mistle

I might like this more than the previous album. I've only heard it twice through now, and there are so many great songs.

BTM

It's not often where I can say I genuinely like every song on an album. This is one of those times. The weakest song for me is probably Make Them Gold, but it is still solid.

Mau ®

Pretty solid effort. I don't think there's a song as in there was "Tether", "Under The Tide" or "We Sink" but it's a better album than the debut because it's consistent throughout.

danowat

Banned
Mau ®;180063740 said:
Pretty solid effort. I don't think there's a song as in there was "Tether", "Under The Tide" or "We Sink" but it's a better album than the debut because it's consistent throughout.

I almost think clearest blue is this albums tether, I wonder what Eric prydz could do with clearest blue......

On my first listen and loving it so far. Didn't really like their debut outside one or two tracks but I liked every track I've heard so far. On High Enough right now.

I did that classic thing of thinking 'huh, this is a bit samey' on my first listen and then instantly singing along and loving it all on my second. I totally get where the complaints come from, but I definitely think it has enough songs in there that push their sound to new places.

High Enough To Carry You Over, Down Side of Me and Afterglow are the ones that have stuck with me. I desperately want to hear an acappella version of Down Side. Lauren's vocals are so strong on that one.

Syncytia

I did that classic thing of thinking 'huh, this is a bit samey' on my first listen and then instantly singing along and loving it all on my second. I totally get where the complaints come from, but I definitely think it has enough songs in there that push their sound to new places.

High Enough To Carry You Over, Down Side of Me and Afterglow are the ones that have stuck with me. I desperately want to hear an acappella version of Down Side. Lauren's vocals are so strong on that one.

Same here, but didn't think it being samey was in any way bad. After a few listens a few comments in this thread saying it's more focused or they found a sound for this record is dead on.

This album got me to buy a synth. Well, I've kinda wanted one for awhile but whatever. It pushed me over the edge.

KeRaSh

Gave this a few listens and it's a really solid album. I keep going back to the new Disclosure album, though. I just can't get enough of it...

ViviOggi

Keep You On My Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom