• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cindy Walker(Xbox): “Having Halo at launch would have been tremendous, but we are not reliant on massive exclusive titles to drive console adoption.''

TBiddy

Jesus, I would hate to be one of the 5 remaining Xbox fans. To have your platform of choice constantly change their messaging every week must be exhausting.

To be frank, four of us are smart enough that we understand what they are saying. The last one is Craig, and we all know how he's doing. That said, I honestly think, that Microsoft doesn't give a shit what the 26 most hardcore Sony-fanboys on Neogaf thinks about their messaging.

Calverz

0VFl9bC.png
Can you read? Read the OP again pred

REDRZA MWS

Key phrase was “not reliant”, which can only bode well for MS this gen. Meaning, with the most powerful console, 3rd party multi platform games will look and perform best. With Xbox game pass, buy once play on any Xbox console or PC. With the addition of Xcloud to Gamepass, the value is insane. Lastly, near full backward compatibility allowing 4 generations of games day 1.

Those things, value, and consumer friendly practices, allow MA to now not rush games out before they are ready ala Halo Infinite. Their own games will only be better for it. And with the studios they have acquired and talent they have added to their own studios, all those games in development are going to be better by allowing them time to reach the experience devs are reaching for. Good on MS.

Last edited:

FlyyGOD

“Having Halo at our launch would have been tremendous,” said Cindy Walker, an Xbox spokeswoman. But “we are not reliant on massive exclusive titles to drive console adoption. Our players will have thousands of games from four generations of Xbox available to play on launch day.”

She should get Twitter bombed for saying something that stupid.

Chun Swae

Banned
To be frank, four of us are smart enough that we understand what they are saying. The last one is Craig, and we all know how he's doing. That said, I honestly think, that Microsoft doesn't give a shit what the 26 most hardcore Sony-fanboys on Neogaf thinks about their messaging.
Well, I'm sure Microsoft gives a shit about being beaten by over 50 million consoles this generation because of their horrible messaging that they have not rectified.

It's like they're really trying their best NOT to give people a reason and incentive to buy an Xbox instead of a PC, PS5 or even upgrade from Xbox One X. Really! I mean, if you don't care about BC titles, you'd really want to see some games running on the Series X to see if it's worth it..?

Last edited:
The contrast within this statement is what prompted me to post this because it gets really confusing.

They were readying their biggest exclusive specifically for launch. I mean, they even have third party product marketing / placement.

eccmvetw6ic51.jpg
I bet the the contents of the Can will expire before Halo infinite is released.
oh just noticed 2XP redeem expires 12/31/20 :lollipop_anxious_sweat:

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
The contrast within this statement is what prompted me to post this because it gets really confusing.

They were readying their biggest exclusive specifically for launch. I mean, they even have third party product marketing / placement.

eccmvetw6ic51.jpg
Coincidentally I was just about to post that I'm having a big ol' can of green Boomer Juice™ myself at the moment and also noticed that it has Halo Infinite 2XP promo stuff on it. Poor Microsoft.

I bet Halo Infinite 2 will be proper good though, it being exclusive to Series SX and all.
1x

so it's not 'sorry halo was delayed, but we have lots of software'...

...her argument is literally that software isn't a part of selling xbox

well as someone that almost made a big mistake, I'm glad they're at least being honest now

chilichote

499€ for an emulation Box?

On the other hand, what should they say? And the fans are satisfied^^

Last edited:
is she arguing that sony isn't getting multiplatform games?

because all sony has to do now is release one badass exclusive and it's game over

maybe this really is MS gracefully exiting the market... ol' windy cindy just dropped a bombshell

Last edited:

TBiddy

It almost feels like people aren't reading the article, just the headline. Rolla Rolla (deliberately?) forgot the key part of the sentence in the headline, which was: Our players will have thousands of games from four generations of Xbox available to play on launch day.”

In the context it's obvious that she means, that they don't need "massive exclusives" at launch, not that they don't need them at all.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So they are now leaning on backwards compatibility to shift next gen consoles?

Old games to sell new hardware. Makes sense.

It's an insane thing for them to admit internally. But to say it to us gamers is another thing. It's like they really want us to believe that big exclusives don't matter anymore. Didn't some publication or Publisher say this about current gen consoles and was proven wrong?

It's a quote that won't be popular on NeoGAF but who knows how the less enthusiast gamer views the situation.

We already know how the less enthusiast gamer views "these" type of situations. They've voted with their wallet time and time again. They loved the Wii, PS4, and Switch because they had great exclusive games.

Last edited:

pr0cs

She's wrong, this is probably least interesting launch of a gen I've ever seen. I don't ever recall not having at least one title that I needed a new console for. To be honest though both Sony and Microsoft have bland titles at launch so I'll just wait until next year when there are more interesting titles (and the guinea pigs have tested the systems)

Shmunter

Again, I'm quite sure Microsoft doesn't really care what a small minority of Sony-fans think of their messaging. Those fans were never going to buy an Xbox in the first place, no matter the messaging.
Nevertheless, Microsoft is so completely off message on what is a time proven strategy for console success that eyebrows must be raising beyond the forum.

Hudo

😂 the people in here complaining about Microsoft’s line up which will probably 99 percent the same as Sony whats in the PlayStation launch lineup that’s so orgasmic other then console preferences? Please enlighten me!
It's just classic console wars stuff before a console launch. But you are absolutely right. Both launch lineups are pretty weak.

It's just classic console wars stuff before a console launch. But you are absolutely right. Both launch lineups are pretty weak.
I know it’s just amazing to see people complaining like Sony has this massive line up of first party titles ready to go besides spider man. Not to mention all those third party titles will probably perform better on series x. Both consoles launch are abysmal at best there wont be true next gen games till next fall the earliest. I just find it amusing when you have people saying there’s nothing to plAy on Xbox but both companies have the same launch lineup at this point.

Skifi28

What are they reliant on? Gamepass? Having the cheapest console? They already have those things and it's not really working. Multiplatforms? Just buy them on your current xbox. There is not much reason to either convert PS owners or get existing Xbox owners to upgrade.

Last edited:

Hudo

I know it’s just amazing to see people complaining like Sony has this massive line up of first party titles ready to go besides spider man. Not to mention all those third party titles will probably perform better on series x. Both consoles launch are abysmal at best there wont be true next gen games till next fall the earliest. I just find it amusing when you have people saying there’s nothing to plAy on Xbox but both companies have the same launch lineup at this point.
Yeah, unless Sony somehow have some first-party exclusive bangers lined up for launch that they showcase later today, I don't get why PS5 is hyped up either. It looks like the weakest launch of a Sony console so far. Of course it will sell well because Playstation is a very powerful brand but I have yet to see a PS5 game that is more than just a prettier version of what we can play on PS4/Xbox One.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It's an insane thing for them to admit internally. But to say it to us gamers is another thing. It's like they really want us to believe that big exclusives don't matter anymore. Didn't some publication or Publisher say this about current gen consoles and was proven wrong?

We already know how the less enthusiast gamer views "these" type of situations. They've voted with their wallet time and time again. They loved the Wii, PS4, and Switch because they had great exclusive games.

We'll see. We've never had this type of situation before. A $299 next gen machine with GamePass maturing each month... regular folks might really embrace XBox now.

Top Bottom