• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City Interactive on recovery path Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 750k shipped , LOF2 info

Remember this thread how game bombed and CI was in big trouble?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1400640&highlight=sniper+ghost

we got new info now that CI is recovering with another quarter of profits and it's mostly due to long legs of SGW 3 which received few bigger than expected orders from important markets (mostly America) putting it at 750k shipped

Currently they are printing another few tens of thousands units for American market since PS4 version is sold out and Xbox version is in very low supply.

Also company boss told that over 7 millions of players played Lords of The Fallen and they are currently in talks with potential partners for production of LOF 2 since the production model is intended to be similar to first one with majority of game outsourced outside of CI.
They also have unannouced tactical shooter in production .

New shooter game and LOF2 will have similar budgets to LOF1 (which was 30 millions PLN so around 7M EUR)

edit: source: https://www.purepc.pl/rozrywka/sniper_ghost_warrior_3_zaskakujaco_dobre_wyniki_sprzedazy

Not Drake

Also company boss told that over 7 millions of players played Lords of The Fallen

I'm not impressed by that number considering the game was both PS+/GwG bonus, is dirt cheap every sale and even was added to game magazines in Europe.

That said, I liked the game and hope it gets a much improved sequel.

speedomodel

I really have fun with their games, get them on discount and have a blast with the budget shooters.

But my God, was SGW3 a complete misstep. Going open-world was such an awful decision. Too much fucking open world filler in the game. I don't think I'll even finish it.

New shooter game and LOF2 will have similar budgets to LOF1 (which was 30 millions PLN so around 7M EUR)

..huh. Given how good it looked (even with that goddamn CA), it is seriously impressive that they've pulled a game like that off with such a budget.

I'm not impressed by that number considering the game was both PS+/GwG bonus, is dirt cheap every sale and even was added to game magazines in Europe.
Is impressive either way, given that it was a new ip by an unproven studio. As an example that readily comes to mind, Furi also got the ps+ treatment, is dirt cheap even without sales, and has about a third of LotF's steamspy usercount.

this also made me look up The Surge. Sitting at 80k sales. Yeesh >__>

That said, I liked the game and hope it gets a much improved sequel.

AA budget games rarely go above milion or two sold so it shows how many people can be reached through GwG/PS+/etc.

And since general sentiment seems to be not bad with some flaws those 7 milions might give them solid results if they play their cards well with sequel.

Top Bottom