• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

cj iwakura rejoice! Elminage Original (PSP) Heading to North America, and Europe!

Takao

Banned
Siliconera:

I didn’t think it would happen, but a game in Starfish’s dungeon crawler series Elminage is being localized. UFO Interactive picked up Elminage Original, the first game in the series. Here’s a bunch of screenshots and how UFO Interactive describes it:

In the world of Elminage Original, six rings harbor the powers of the gods. The world has been protected by a barrier created by 5 of the rings since before anyone remembers. When a dark priestess shatters the barrier and scatters the rings, the once peaceful world is now threatened by the dark creatures emerging as the barrier fades. Word spread among adventurers that a monumental reward was in store for the ones that can gather all the rings and call forth the barrier once again. So the adventure begins…

Elminage Original is a remake of the first game in the series, which Starfish released for PlayStation 2 in 2008. The game has 12 typical fantasy races, 16 classes, and a feature that lets players customize their character icons by loading images from a memory card. In Japan, players made Street Fighter and Etrian Odyssey parties for Elminage III.

So like, someone other than NISA is publishing PSP games in 2013 ... It should be mentioned that UFO Interactive has this in their PSN section, so there won't be a UMD release.

Ah well. I didn't notice, I was too excited to see it announced.

Here's a gameplay vid to atone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSaP_wibITM

Wow does this game have great art. Add some screens to the OP?

oYUkR.jpg

fQHGF.jpg

ZJVX4.jpg

5VQlk.jpg

TWieq.jpg

3Rpd2.jpg

Looking at the related articles there, I wouldn't mind if Sol Trigger came over here. I played the Japanese demo on my Vita and it was pretty cool... nothing mind blowing, though.

Takao

Banned
Looking at the related articles there, I wouldn't mind if Sol Trigger came over here. I played the Japanese demo on my Vita and it was pretty cool... nothing mind blowing, though.

NISA has a partnership with Imageepoch. That partnership has resulted in zero localized games so far, haha.

This is really awesome, such an unexpected title! The article doesn't mention format but there's no way this will be a physical release right? Would love to have this on UMD but i'm in either way. For those who have played the series how does the difficulty compare with EO?

Um, well, the soundtrack is by Basiscape (Hitoshi Sakimoto, Masaharu Iwata, et al). I didn't really think much of the first game's PS2 version though.

Yeah, I remember there being a thread of this same exact game on here earlier this year and it just didn't look noteworthy at all to me. Oh well, maybe I'll get it if it comes out around a time I have nothing to play.

Takao

Banned
I heard it was much improved in the DS version, though. I don't know if the PSP version is based on that or not. If so, ignore my comments since I haven't played that version of it.

The PSP version came out last year in Japan so I imagine it would include any improvements that were found in other releases.

This is really awesome, such an unexpected title! The article doesn't mention format but there's no way this will be a physical release right? Would love to have this on UMD but i'm in either way. For those who have played the series how does the difficulty compare with EO?

UFO's site lists it in their PSN section.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Hmm...nice, I guess? It doesn't look very good in that gameplay video, so I'm not sure if I should care. On the other hand, there are so few dungeon crawlers in the west that I might give it a try.

cj_iwakura

Hmm...nice, I guess? It doesn't look very good in that gameplay video, so I'm not sure if I should care. On the other hand, there are so few dungeon crawlers in the west that I might give it a try.

From what I've seen, Elminage is from the cut-to-the-chase school of dungeon crawlers, like Labyrinth of Lost Souls.

Fine by me.

Eusis

With cover art like that I would've liked a retail release, reminds me of old NES/PC covers. Ah well, better getting it period than missing out just because they couldn't bring it out with a nice cover.
And that's ignoring the fact they may've changed it to something boring anyway.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
PSP localizations continue!...

...To be nothing but more first person dungeon crawler "rpgs".

Thanks? -_-

On the bright side as long as PSP keeps getting games in the west there'll always be hope some more substantial ones'll come out to.

Eusis

For better or worse I imagine only first person dungeon crawlers are easy enough to just grab, localize, and throw out for most anyone when it comes to RPGs. It's probably part of why we reliably kept getting Etrian Odyssey games (and the fact they're consistent sellers helps).

Hmm, the video doesn't inspire much.

Etrian Odyssey IV is coming, Unchained Blades is coming (or already here on PSP) and Class of Heroes II is coming.

Anything to separate this game from the above trio?

cj_iwakura

Confirmed for PSN.

In the world of Elminage Original, six rings harbor the powers of the gods. The world has been protected by a barrier created by 5 of the rings since before anyone remembers. When a dark priestess shatters the barrier and scatters the rings, the once peaceful world is now threatened by the dark creatures emerging as the barrier fades. Word spread among adventurers that a monumental reward was in store for the ones that can gather all the rings and call forth the barrier once again. So the adventure begins…

iO8U1toL6fNNu.gif

Ramune

New PSP game? Man, it's crazy how this system is semi-reintroducing me to first person dungeon crawlers when I've yet to play EOIII and snaged Unchained Blades, and soon Class of Heroes II and now this! @_@

Top Bottom