• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cladun x2 |OT| -- Classic Dungeon! Again! [Now on Steam! Woah!]

Volcynika

5BXfI.png

gJot5.png

There exists a kind of miniature garden world somewhere in the physical realm called "Arcanus Cella."

This surreal world has one critical fault - it has no exit.

Take one step into this secluded realm, and your fate is saled; never shall you return home again.

Today, the denizens of Arcanus Cella welcome another poor soul - an adventurer that has been cast into this abysmal dead-end land...

GumHF.png

• Platform: PSP (Available only via PSN in North America)
  • Release Date: NA: August 30th, 2011 EU: September 7th, 2011
  • Publisher: NIS America
  • MSRP: $19.99 (327 MB)

2xDSn.png

• Explore a new version of Arcanus Cella with new characters and dungeons!
  • Delve beyond dungeons and into Ran-geons, New-geons, and all-new Tri-geons!
  • Upgrade your crew to infinity in order to keep the Main Character safe!
  • Tailor your gameplay experience—customize your character’s appearance, weapons, and even the background music!

zcNv8.png

Official Trailer

pXfbn.png

DYpdx.png

-To be added as they appear-

Emitan

I had no idea this was coming. I tried to get into the first game but I found the mechanics way too confusing. Hopefully this one fixes that.

Rarutos

Oh wow, this one came pretty quickly! I still have to finish the first one myself too, but I'm interested in the sequel just because they added archery!

Nix

Banned
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! PUT THIS ON UMD!!

Wait..the Vita may not have a UMD acc. for the first year or so...DD is fine too. But I want swag NIS. SWAGGGG!!!

Nix said:
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! PUT THIS ON UMD!!

Wait..the Vita may not have a UMD acc. for the first year or so...DD is fine too. But I want swag NIS. SWAGGGG!!!
well they can still do retail and just do a downloadable voucher and still get preorder bonus ;P

Ramune

I can easily see this being a game I'll come to for quick sessions. Glad NISA is still bringing the PSP titles!

Lain

I'll patiently wait for the EU release as I did for the first, I just hope it'll take less waiting this time around.

I hope those that have the capability to play this enjoy it heartily! The first game looked so fantastic that I can only imagine the sequel cranks the dial to 11.

Kazerei

Banned
Cladun X2 is out now for $19.99. Hmm ... I think I'll wait for a price drop, 'cause it's not like it'll go out of stock.

GhaleonQ

I'm going with the Japanese disc release, but I'll see if I can get someone I know to get the North American version. They deserve it.

so i got the game. went to pick female ranger. and about to pick character appearance and there's a random dude character in there. he looks like that Tranny in real life lol. something angel.

Never heard of it but the trailer intrigues me. Wish it was getting a UMD release but at least I've got a bigger memory card in my PSP these days.

Volcynika

VGChampion said:
Never heard of it but the trailer intrigues me. Wish it was getting a UMD release but at least I've got a bigger memory card in my PSP these days.

Bahhh, completely forgot. Anyone available to check the required space you need on your mem card on the US store? I can add it to the OP next time I get a chance.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've played the Japanese version, but having not played the first one it's hard for me to tell what was improved over the original.

Still, a fun little game.

Eusis

How's this compare to the original? Also, how much does it matter to play the original first? Was kinda hoping it'd be on sale to commemorate the release of this, but I guess they decided not to bother.

... I have to admit, I'm half interested because of the Falcom characters.

Tarazet

I picked it up and played the first two dungeons. This is tite. I didn't play or even hear of the first one. They should make it easier to keep track of the mana you're spending in the Magic Circle, though, it gets bewildering fast.

Tarazet

So here's the gist of this game. You control only one character at a time, but you have the "Magic Circle" around you, which is basically an arrangement of NPCs who are acting as invisible meat shields for you. That's all they do when they're in the Magic Circle, but they still level up, even if they give their lives so you can make it to the end of the dungeon.

Here's where it gets bizarre. The main character that is being used gets a strong boost in HP when he levels up. The sub characters get a stronger boost in attack, defense, and speed when they level up. So in effect, when the sub characters are in their meat-shield role, they're actually becoming better main character material.. and while the main character is leveling up, he's becoming a better meat shield. Kooky, huh?

Like other Nippon Ichi games, though, there's nothing permanent here. Creating a new character, complete with class selection and everything, takes 5 seconds and costs you nothing. You only need to worry about one set of equipment at any given time, and it's stripped automatically if you change characters. Even better, after you reach level 10, you can reset to level 1, but change your job and keep most of your abilities. It wouldn't be an NIS game without that...

Proven

Tarazet said:
So here's the gist of this game. You control only one character at a time, but you have the "Magic Circle" around you, which is basically an arrangement of NPCs who are acting as invisible meat shields for you. That's all they do when they're in the Magic Circle, but they still level up, even if they give their lives so you can make it to the end of the dungeon.

Here's where it gets bizarre. The main character that is being used gets a strong boost in HP when he levels up. The sub characters get a stronger boost in attack, defense, and speed when they level up. So in effect, when the sub characters are in their meat-shield role, they're actually becoming better main character material.. and while the main character is leveling up, he's becoming a better meat shield. Kooky, huh?

Like other Nippon Ichi games, though, there's nothing permanent here. Creating a new character, complete with class selection and everything, takes 5 seconds and costs you nothing. You only need to worry about one set of equipment at any given time, and it's stripped automatically if you change characters. Even better, after you reach level 10, you can reset to level 1, but change your job and keep most of your abilities. It wouldn't be an NIS game without that...

Need for new PSP rising...

stage 3-4. there's a
lvl 8 tree boss that shoots spike from under your feet
blocking my way to treasures lol. wonder what it is. gotta grind since i couldn't beat him at lvl 6. lol.

cj_iwakura

Tarazet said:
I picked it up and played the first two dungeons. This is tite. I didn't play or even hear of the first one. They should make it easier to keep track of the mana you're spending in the Magic Circle, though, it gets bewildering fast.

I have the first one, it's basically the same. Real good music, utterly nonsensical(but fun & silly) plot. Dang hard, too.

DMPrince said:
stage 3-4. there's a
lvl 8 tree boss that shoots spike from under your feet
blocking my way to treasures lol. wonder what it is. gotta grind since i couldn't beat him at lvl 6. lol.
Beated it. easy pattern to see. could just walk to dodge his attack.

Right now i have 3 people.

my Ranger, Saint and warrior. will add 2 more so i can use a different magic circle ^_^. music is awesome.

gate777

So I
unlocked the side dungeons (can't remember what they're called) that have 99 floors. I kept getting Angel stairs to the next floor and made my drop rate 134 and my rare drop rate 140. I also had a lucky lucky bone sword which boosted drops and rare drop to +20 each.

I had a nice stash of goods until I got to one floor where it was a closed off room with 2 level 10 spiders, 2 level 10 lizards with swords and the tree boss from the above post all hitting me at once. Plus I had lost all magic circle support and was down to only around 70 HP (level 20). Needless to say I got my ass kicked and lost all my loot.....

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I'm curious, is it possible to save Magic Circle arrangements in the sequel? That's one thing that bothered me in the original - everytime I switched main character (or magic circle for a character) I had to start over with sub-character and artefact placements. :/

Kiriku said:
I'm curious, is it possible to save Magic Circle arrangements in the sequel? That's one thing that bothered me in the original - everytime I switched main character (or magic circle for a character) I had to start over with sub-character and artefact placements. :/
yep. you can register it.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
DMPrince said:
yep. you can register it.

Excellent! Still playing the first one, love it! One of the most overlooked games for PSP IMO. Will probably pick this one up too. :)

Top Bottom