• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clarkson's Farm

Tschumi

I don't know if you like Top Gear/Grand Tour show or presenters. But one of them has made a genuinely great Farming show on Amazon Prime. Clarkson's Farm is a fish out of water show that is genuine and fun and unique. All the people on the show are amazing characters. Gerald and Caleb are real standouts with Charlie being the deliverer of real news. If you have Prime subscription do yourself a favor and watch it.

Watch Clarkson's Farm – Season 1 | Prime Video (amazon.com)

19573180-c783-11eb-8fae-3fa6354db244

"Might have a little turd on my boots" instant classic theme song

---

I remember the very first Clarkson top gear episode, we had just moved country and BBC was the only television in English and they were going on about their brand new show Top Gear.. that show meant a lot to me. Wish i could find the full collection from season 1 on...

But I won't watch this, i just don't watch telly much anymore, latest attempt was The Mandalorian and i lost interest halfway into season 2

Bluntman

---

I remember the very first Clarkson top gear episode, we had just moved country and BBC was the only television in English and they were going on about their brand new show Top Gear.. that show meant a lot to me. Wish i could find the full collection from season 1 on...

But I won't watch this, i just don't watch telly much anymore, latest attempt was The Mandalorian and i lost interest halfway into season 2

I'm kind of the same, barely watch anything these days because I lose interest fast.

But you have to watch this. As someone said earlier there is nothing better to just wind down after a day of work. It's extremely entertaining, peaceful, funny, interesting and full of heart. And beautyfully shot as well.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Watched the first episode and frankly i can't believe how well its made. Feels like old top gear really. you just clue yourself towards the screen to never look back. I can't believe how they can make this so interesting to watch.

INC

---

This is classic top gear style tho, just with Clarkson, honestly give it a watch

Kenpachii

All around absolutely fantastic series. I couldn't stop watching it.

Everybody is its own character and everybody feels so recognisable in my own life. No script and just pure characters is what u see here and its great.

It introduces people towards farm life that probably never spend a single moment thinking about it and make it more known how much of a struggle things are and what work is related towards it and how money is tight.

The music / scenery the goals he sets for himself its all just been a great journey. I liked the humor, when things get real even for him when he realizes the sheep where already taken care of before he even knew it which kinda shocked him u saw it clearly in his eyes and later his buddy sheep that always came towards him being dead.

His wife or girlfriend whatever it is, lovely person, the shop was great, the wasabi was great with kaleb. That one guy that u can't understand reminds me of a friends dad of mine. He talks in a way it just sounds gibberish . but u don't want to be rude so u gotta talk around it.

The ending was also really well done, and frankly after watching him i would say, he's probably better off on the farm. Dude seems to absolutely love being there and lets be honest here, it gives you tons of freedom that a city doesn't allow. Things are just more real and he notices that big time.

Also at the end of the day, he didn't do that bad with his farm from what i found out even while obviously he dumped a shit ton of money into the farm.

I will absolutely watch season 2.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Tell me Lisa, what was it that attracted you to multi-millionaire Jeremy Clarkson who is usually out of the country for 5 of every 12 months?
She has a history of dating wealthy men, and wealthy men have a history of liking to date attractive women.

Fbh

Finished this the other week. Amazing show, overall just a ton of fun and really gives you a higher appreciation for the hard work farmers put into their jobs.
You can also tell they had some of the top gear / grand tour crew on this, since it was all really nicely shot and edited.

Great to hear there will be a season 2!.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
She has a history of dating wealthy men, and wealthy men have a history of liking to date attractive women.
Take it you never watched the Mrs Merton show? Don’t know if you are UK based, but we had a small bald magician called Paul Daniels who was married to his assistant the rather glamourous Debbie McGee.

The joke on the show was ‘tell me Debbie, what attracted you to multi millionaire Paul Daniels’

And that’s all I meant with my post.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
I binged it. 100%. Absolutely brilliant. It's got the best of Top Gear/The Grand Tour in it.

Not surprising considering Andy Wilman is the executive producer and Gavin Whitehead one of the producers (along with presumably a lot of the Top Gear/TGT crew). And of course Clarkson's humour and knowledge of what people like. Plus the characters of everyone in it.

Tams

Gold Member
Watched it last year. Expected it to be shite, but ended up loving every second.

Still can't believe the Guardian gave it one star out of five. So glad I ignored their review.
Watched it last year. Expected it to be shite, but ended up loving every second.

Still can't believe the Guardian gave it one star out of five. So glad I ignored their review.

To be fair to The Grauniad, they do employ/hire some controversial people/shit stirrers to get those clicks* (and I guess paper sales). They're no better than the red tops in that sense, just with a veneer of intellectualism. But among that shit there is some good journalism going on there, and some is even quite funny.

Lucy Mangan (the writer of said one star review) is one of their worst. She didn't like the Harry Potter anniversary thing either for some reason (it's hard to discern from her ramblings why, but I guess it wasn't woke enough).

At least one Guardian writer liked Clarkson's Farm a lot though.

Guardian readers are twats, can vouch as I read the guardian

The comments sections are an utter mess. The wannabe intellectualism (or actual intellectualism to an excruciating degree and no fun) is rife there. Apparently Clarkson epitomises everything that is wrong with the UK...

*and let's be honest, we do click.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
I really enjoyed our man in Japan, hope that gets another season, it reminded me a bit of abroad in Japan :)

Even feature Ryotoro who appears on that show occasionally too.

I really enjoyed Our Man in Japan. Our Man in Italy is great too.

I've gone off Abroad in Japan. Chris Broad has achieved a lot and his film skills have really improved, but there's something off for me now. Perhaps the combination of YouTuber amateurness and glorification of anything Japanese. The fans are largely horrible to.

Porcile

I've gone off Abroad in Japan. Chris Broad has achieved a lot and his film skills have really improved, but there's something off for me now. Perhaps the combination of YouTuber amateurness and glorification of anything Japanese. The fans are largely horrible to.

Check out the BBC series Adam and Joe Go Tokyo from the early 2000s. It's on YouTube.

anthony2690

Banned

I still watch occasionally, but I very rare watch YouTube in general, other than leaving music on, but noticed the thumbnails for recent videos are quite click bait looking for his newest journey across Japan videos, he said he hates that he needed to do that, but it's sadly the way to get views.

But I really find it a huge turn off personally.

Tams

Gold Member
I still watch occasionally, but I very rare watch YouTube in general, other than leaving music on, but noticed the thumbnails for recent videos are quite click bait looking for his newest journey across Japan videos, he said he hates that he needed to do that, but it's sadly the way to get views.

But I really find it a huge turn off personally.

It's not just the thumbnails.

But I'm not going to rag on him any more, as he's done incredibly well for himself. Just not my cup of tea anymore.

Last edited:

Porcile

For all the production values Abroad in Japan is in the absolute bottom tier of entertainment for me as far providing an insightful and intelligent look on life in Japan. I would rather just watch Japanese TV even though that is pretty trashy and scripted stuff most of the time. It's a shame that channels like that are the the face of English media for Japanese life.

Tams

Gold Member
For all the production values Abroad in Japan is in the absolute bottom tier of entertainment for me as far providing an insightful and intelligent look on life in Japan. I would rather just watch Japanese TV even though that is pretty trashy and scripted stuff most of the time. It's a shame that channels like that are the the face of English media for Japanese life.

Yeah, it's just one big weeb lovefest. Some of the 'relationships' in it are a bit forced too.

Oops, I said I'd rag no more. Chris Broad knows what sells though.

Kenpachii

Same here didn't like it at all, some parts where nice but mostly its just meh.

Ionian

Check out the BBC series Adam and Joe Go Tokyo from the early 2000s. It's on YouTube.

Christ, that brought me back. Was listening to Adams podcastat earlier by sheer coincidence his one with Stephen Merchant and Louix Theorou.

Used to watch the Adam and Joe show back on channel 4 as well, the Star Wars bits were genius.

Last edited:
Top Bottom