• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Emarv

This game is freezing more than any other app I have. Not sure if it's my phone or the app itself.

If I delete the app and then redownload it, will my progress be saved? I guess we'll find out.

Ferny

Because as soon as I open the current chest I can win and get another arena 3 one? I might as well only have 1 chest slot

Correct but if that one slot is a gold or something, you're waiting 8 hours where as you could have a couple silvers from your current battleground and then queue the 8 hour one overnight. Doesn't make sense to me, but to each their own.

Quonny

Hell even a "choose a blind chest" after winning a match with varying, even tiny, amounts of gold would be a good addition. Something. Anything.

coy

Sent a request. Really digging this game so far. Did the same I did with Clash of Clans and paid $10 in gems to support the developer even though the whales do all of that.
My gf was just talking to me about this and felt that $10 is a good investment into the game. She doesn't feel the need to rush her progress but would like some spending currency. For the price of a decent lunch, you can buy 20k gold (with 200 gems to spare) which can nab up to 10 epics from the shop or use some of it to help with the upgrading in the future. I think I'm going to do the same as I have $12 leftover.

This is really fun! I'm wierdly good at it too... I barely lost in my first 20 games. Up to 550 crowns, but I binged so my cards and towers are staring to feel under leveled. I'm starting to lose more now.

nastymcpain

Neo Member
My gf was just talking to me about this and felt that $10 is a good investment into the game. She doesn't feel the need to rush her progress but would like some spending currency. For the price of a decent lunch, you can buy 20k gold (with 200 gems to spare) which can nab up to 10 epics from the shop or use some of it to help with the upgrading in the future. I think I'm going to do the same as I have $12 leftover.

I did the same with the Google survey reward I'd saved up. It was enough to get a decent amount of cards. Although I realised afterwards that I shouldn't have brought a chest until I got a higher arena level.

Request sent.

Accepted.

The game balance between one heavy hitting and high HP vs. swarm is pretty nice, you get surprisingly deep game mechanics with the autoselect-targetting with that.

Does anyone know if this hearthstone-MOBA concept has been used in other games to this degree of success?

TheBear

What should I be saving/ spending gold and gems on? Kinda tempted to buy a pack but don't want to waste it. Only on arena 1 also

This is like the first mobile game I've ever enjoyed it's great!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Keep your gems until you have 500 so you can buy the 10k gold pack. Only use gold to level up the cards you use, or buy a rare card for 40 to donate it to clan Buddy for a 10g profit.

Valygar

Asked for a spot on gaf royale. I've been trying witch and hut and my winrate has improved.

It sucks that there is no incentive to play if you have all chests. At least in hearthstone you have 10 gold/3 wins thing which I have only capped once.

This is pretty fun, applied for a spot in the 3rd GAF Clan. Using a Mix of predominantly cheap Cannon fodder and some heavy hitters with Prince and Giant. Quite successful ATM but I think the Deck will be of limited use soon. Seem to be running into beefy Towers. Do they Upgrade automatically?

Valygar

This is pretty fun, applied for a spot in the 3rd GAF Clan. Using a Mix of predominantly cheap Cannon fodder and some heavy hitters with Prince and Giant. Quite successful ATM but I think the Deck will be of limited use soon. Seem to be running into beefy Towers. Do they Upgrade automatically?

Yes, with your account level.

Kitoro

Suddenly I can no longer find a match, and the cancel button isn't working. I've closed and reopened the app to no avail. Hmm...

Arsin

Just put in a request to join the second clan. Enjoying the game so far, great way to kill a few min here and there.

Bisonian

Can you get the Prince from chests higher than arena 1?

Yeah, you can get all the cards below your arena rank from chests in the higher ones. You also seem to get more duplicates of lower rank cards the higher your arena rank as well.

Just got my first magical chest and...

12 hours?!

=/

What should I be spending my gems on anyway? Haven't spent a single one yet. I'm willing to throw 5 or 10 bucks at the game seeing as I'm enjoying it despite the ridiculous chest wait times.

Xamdou

I am on the bone pit arena, and I still don't have the prince unit. Do I have to down level my trophies to training camp status to try and get him?

_machine

Just got my first magical chest and...

12 hours?!

=/
Congrats, I've never gotten one and played during the Soft-Launch quite extensively. 12 hours isn't even that bad, sure for one day you have reduced sessions, but at some point I definitely feel like 12h chests would be nice.

What should I be spending my gems on anyway? Haven't spent a single one yet. I'm willing to throw 5 or 10 bucks at the game seeing as I'm enjoying it despite the ridiculous chest wait times.
I have mostly used it to get money for the epic on the store (2K a piece), chest unlocks aren't worth it for me so money's pretty good.

I am on the bone pit arena, and I still don't have the prince unit. Do I have to down level my trophies to training camp status to try and get him?
There's still a chance you can get him on higher arenas, but yeah, if you go back down to the arena he unlocks on, the chance to get him will be higher. Honestly, the game should allow you to gift cards to clanmates even if they don't have the card already.

Edit: Oh wait. Prince comes from the training camp arena. That shouldn't matter though. You can try the arena right after training. Not sure losing all those matches is worth it though.

Anyone using a good PEKKA deck?

I'm thinking all defenses and PEKKA and Hog Rider as a win condition?

Too susceptible to Lightning, Xbow and Skeleton/Minion Horde. A skeleton horde can wipe out either one of the two push cards you have. Pekka/Hog can't even touch your tower.

mercviper

Broke into arena 4 (bouncing back and forth around 1100) with a fairly under level deck. Balloons straight up counter me. What does everyone use to counter them? I can barely kill them before they drop one bomb and I lose so much elixir to do so. I can only think I need higher level troops for it.

https://imgur.com/a/MB2My

Would be nice to have an epic with more oomph like Prince, but you get what you get. #F2Plife

mercviper

Giant + Witch is stupid. Completely unfun to play against.

It's pretty weak and can't accomplish much on its own, but it does snowball if they can support it. Drop some ranged units ahead of the giant and then plop a tanky unit in the back by the witch because witch dps sucks and you kill both and have a counterpush. If any of them can do aoe you just counter it even harder.

KiDdYoNe

Found myself playing this daily so sent the request to the Royale clan.
Need to read this thread since i suck at the game tho.

Brakara

Broke into arena 4 (bouncing back and forth around 1100) with a fairly under level deck. Balloons straight up counter me. What does everyone use to counter them? I can barely kill them before they drop one bomb and I lose so much elixir to do so. I can only think I need higher level troops for it.

https://imgur.com/a/MB2My

Minion horde, baby dragon and inferno tower are good low arena cards against balloon.

And, yeah, I really struggled getting to arena 4. Actually, I only ran into higher leveled players while being at 1050+ trophies, and even one who was 2 levels higher (5 vs 7). Speaking of which, is there a way to watch and share replays online (outside the client)?

mercviper

Minion horde, baby dragon and inferno tower are good low arena cards against balloon.

And, yeah, I really struggled getting to arena 4. Actually, I only ran into higher leveled players while being at 1050+ trophies, and even one who was 2 levels higher (5 vs 7). Speaking of which, is there a way to watch and share replays online (outside the client)?

Oh true minion horde would probably work very well. I just picked one up today thanks to crown and free chests. Not sure what I'd replace for it though. Probably archers or witch? If I do witch I'll probably have to revamp everything since it's key to my current playstyle. Anyway, I'm not seeing it tooo frequently so I'll worry about it when the meta changes. Slowly moving up to 1200+ as I pick up more card levels though. \o/

mercviper

Disappointed to jump in here and find the OP didn't answer the question in the thread title.

Yes, you should keep playing. Chests unlock on a cycle so you don't miss out anything while playing. You'll hit a trophy ceiling because you'll be lacking cards but if you make it into another tier of arena the new chests you get will have more cards and gold.

Brakara

Oh true minion horde would probably work very well. I just picked one up today thanks to crown and free chests. Not sure what I'd replace for it though. Probably archers or witch? If I do witch I'll probably have to revamp everything since it's key to my current playstyle.

I'd try replacing the archers since they and the spear goblins fill much of the same role.

Top Bottom