• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Found a deck I'm comfortable with, for now. Won 5 in a row with this, and have slightly over 1,000 trophies. The avg elixir is a bit high (3.9), but it's worth it imo.

Skeleton King (Lvl 2)
Skeletons (Lvl 5)
Baby Dragon (Lvl 1)
Mini Peka (Lvl 3)
Goblin Barrel (Lvl 2)
Bomb Tower (Lvl 3)
Spear Goblins (Lvl 5)
Prince (Lvl 2)

How is the bomb tower? I have it but not sure I want to swap any of my attackking cards for it. I suppose I could swap for the goblin hit which I often use as a blocker

Ar4IWiJ.jpg

Thinking of swapping out the Goblin Tower for something else as I rarely bother to drop it and all it's doing is slowing down the rotation of my cards. Everything else has a purpose, I have the Barbarian hut but 7 elixir?!?!

Thinking of swapping out the Goblin Tower for something else as I rarely bother to drop it and all it's doing is slowing down the rotation of my cards. Everything else has a purpose, I have the Barbarian hut but 7 elixir?!?!

You only want to use production huts when you stack multiple of them in your deck. Skeleton hut, gobby hot, and barbarian hut can overwhelm an opponent in unison with some other cards(Flying minions, the low cost goblin/skele drops, maybe a hog rider or another strong backup unit to take force down a lane.)

You only want to use production huts when you stack multiple of them in your deck. Skeleton hut, gobby hot, and barbarian hut can overwhelm an opponent in unison with some other cards(Flying minions, the low cost goblin/skele drops, maybe a hog rider or another strong backup unit to take force down a lane.)

Ah okay, maybe I will build a deck like that in one of my slots then, cheers for the advice.

I think you should swap it for something cheap, like Knight, Spear Goblins, etc.. There's too much in your deck that Arrows can sweep.

How is the bomb tower? I have it but not sure I want to swap any of my attackking cards for it. I suppose I could swap for the goblin hit which I often use as a blocker

I used to think it cost too much elixir for what it's actually worth, but now it's pretty much a staple in all of my decks. Just try it out and see if you like it. I've found it to be especially useful in close matches when there is under a minute left (2x the elixir), as you can set up two bomb towers, which is super effective in trying to keep baddies off your castle.

wagamer

This game's notifications are a complete mess at least on my S6. They're showing correct information about 50% of the time.

Remy

I was kicked from the neogaf clan for some reason, I'm in GAF Royale now, please don't kick me just because I have a low number of trophies!

I checked all our activity from yesterday and no one was kicked. Maybe this was that other mysterious NeoGAF clan people were griping about during the soft launch?

Applied to NeoGAF clan as there was one free spot. Just made it to arena 2. Enjoying this so far in short bursts.

Someone left, but we took the first person who applied after the spot opened. Not sure if that was you.

For what it's worth: I have noted 7 members of the NeoGAF clan who had not donated in the first week of the worldwide release. If they stay at zero donations this week, they will be booted on Sunday around noon ET. (This is the only method we're going to be removing people barring trolls/direct requests.)

I will post a keyword in this thread for people to include in this join request so that there's a higher probability of them being legitimate GAF members sending requests. So check back on Sunday and we should have some spots open up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wish they had a better way to see how active a person is.

I would (and do) honesty kick someone if they didn't donate for a week though.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
You have almost the same deck as me.
I'd suggest swapping the Valkyrie for the Balloon. Then you'll have a pretty powerful attack combo of you can play the Prince and the Balloon at the same time. Has been working well for me!
Thanks a lot, it was hard to find a card to swap out for the balloon and this worked. This is going to carry me out of Arena 2 into Arena 3. I need to get the balloon to level 2, not enough kill power as it is compared to the Prince but it helps A LOT into putting the opponent into defense mode and getting me elexir advantage.

I don't know if I can continue playing this game. It's honestly really fun, but the economics of it are so player-hostile that it's maddening.

Remy

I wish they had a better way to see how active a person is.

I would (and do) honesty kick someone if they didn't donate for a week though.

I've come up with a two prong approach: noting down who didn't donate on Sundays, and jotting down their trophy count.

Manually checking trophy count to see if they've played sucks, but given that we only had 7 scrooges in NeoGAF, it won't be the end of the world.

Last login would be really helpful.

I was absolute going to town on this one person, and then suddenly towards the end of the match a Wifi signal poped up on my game and refused to let me play any more units. My connection was perfect (obviously still connected for his moves) but he proceeded to win because the game refused to let me place any units. WTF?

Ferny

I was absolute going to town on this one person, and then suddenly towards the end of the match a Wifi signal poped up on my game and refused to let me play any more units. My connection was perfect (obviously still connected for his moves) but he proceeded to win because the game refused to let me place any units. WTF?

I had someone call me right as I was about to beat someone...I was pissed lol

This game's notifications are a complete mess at least on my S6. They're showing correct information about 50% of the time.
This is what I've been experiencing. I sent feedback to the dev and they responded saying this can happen if you have the game on multiple devices and using multiple accounts. Problem is, I only have this game on one device, with one account.

coy

Happened to me the other day. I went into another match immediately afterwards but then it came up again on the loading screen. I was mashing on the cancel button and came back later in the day. Haven't seen it since.

Crazyorloco

Love the addictive gameplay, but i cant see myself playing this for long because im waiting for chests to be ready. Ughh lol

wagamer

This is what I've been experiencing. I sent feedback to the dev and they responded saying this can happen if you have the game on multiple devices and using multiple accounts. Problem is, I only have this game on one device, with one account.

I've got only one device too. I ended up turning the notifications off for now.

Today the game paired me up with opponents two levels higher than me. I lost hands down, they had several cards I haven't even seen before.

Often I see myself WANTING to play the game since it's fun but there's no point since I can't gain anything because I'm waiting for the chests to open. And I'm at a point where I really need some good cards or upgrades to stand a chance.

daydream

Banned
started playing this, really fun

the gaf royale clan is full. i assume the rest are full also, then? would like to join you guys

Ughhhhh!! These fucking baby dragons, I hate them! Any time they show up, I get absolutely wrecked. Any advice to counter them? My archers, goblins, and minions get curb stomped by their fireballs :/
Congrats, I've never gotten one and played during the Soft-Launch quite extensively. 12 hours isn't even that bad, sure for one day you have reduced sessions, but at some point I definitely feel like 12h chests would be nice.

I have mostly used it to get money for the epic on the store (2K a piece), chest unlocks aren't worth it for me so money's pretty good.
Since I got one so soon after starting, I thought magical chests were a bit more common! Now I see they're pretty rare, haven't gotten one since :p

Ughhhhh!! These fucking baby dragons, I hate them! Any time they show up, I get absolutely wrecked. Any advice to counter them? My archers, goblins, and minions get curb stomped by their fireballs :/
Since I got one so soon after starting, I thought magical chests were a bit more common! Now I see they're pretty rare, haven't gotten one since :p

Minion-Gargoyles+ archers + spear goblins = very good against all flying units. Also against prince, giant and barbarians, usually you end up with counter-push (this is ofcourse very dependent of the situation in general)

nastymcpain

Neo Member
:p

Musketeers always seem to take out my baby dragon quite quickly. I find the spear goblins die too easy to baby dragon though.

broz0rs

what I like to do is wait until it gets to tower and drop a giant in front of it. baby dragon will focus fire on the giant, which will allow you to drop cheap ranged units without the risk of them getting killed. if the Giant is still alive, this allows you to also start a counter push.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
not only are the chest unlock timers stupid, but the crown chest unlock timer actively discourages you from playing until it unlocks too. I don't want to play games and fill up my chests, then get the crown chest to unlock because then I have to earn another 10 crowns which means wasted chests.

So the most efficient approach seems to be
- unlock gold chest overnight
- crown chest probably unlocks around then too
- unlock silver chests throughout the day until you only have one silver left
- set the last silver chest unlocking
- start playing battles to earn chests + crowns for the crown chest.
- stop when you hit 10 crowns & full chests.

not only are the chest unlock timers stupid, but the crown chest unlock timer actively discourages you from playing until it unlocks too. I don't want to play games and fill up my chests, then get the crown chest to unlock because then I have to earn another 10 crowns which means wasted chests.

So the most efficient approach seems to be
- unlock gold chest overnight
- crown chest probably unlocks around then too
- unlock silver chests throughout the day until you only have one silver left
- set the last silver chest unlocking
- start playing battles to earn chests + crowns for the crown chest.
- stop when you hit 10 crowns & full chests.

or just play whenever you want because the game is fun and you want to rank up

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
on a losing streak... i feel like my deck has no synergy

these are my cards - any good build ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/0Ccq7

I'd dump the barbarian hut. I always say that, if you are going to use a hut, then go all out with the huts. Otherwise, not much value for the high cost. You also need some meaty ground units. Try using a knight or your giant. I would also try to use at least one AOE character (other than the witch). Maybe a bomber.

or just play whenever you want because the game is fun and you want to rank up

I swear this game is a science experiment. People refuse to play unless they are getting something out of it (outside of playing for the fun of it). Honestly, I think ppl should be playing more if only to understand and learn new strategies instead of getting wrecked by the same strategy every time. That's why I see so many complaints about the prince, an easily countered unit.

so, time to open a fourth gaf guild? would really like to join one

hmmm

I'd make one but...anyone else wanna make a gaf clan? Or should I leave the current one and make a new one?

As an aside, finally got a giant chest to drop. Finally, my sour luck has turned! I'm arena 4 so it should be worth it..

How does everyone have so many Epic cards?!? I'm at 1200 trophies, arena 4, been playing consistently, and yet only have 2 Epics. Is everyone buying them for 2000 coins or are they just getting great pulls from chests? I notice my chests only add to the cards I am not currently using 95% of the time lol. Pretty much every single card I'm not using can be upgraded at this point.

Ferny

so, time to open a fourth gaf guild? would really like to join one

I'm gonna be opening up some slots in 'GAF' in a bit. Been keeping track of donations (unfortunately the only way right now to judge activity level)

Will post when done.

Update: Done. There are four slots available for 'GAF' apply for those interested and we'll get you in. Daydream i'll hold a spot for you.

daydream

Banned
I'm gonna be opening up some slots in 'GAF' in a bit. Been keeping track of donations (unfortunately the only way right now to judge activity level)

Will post when done.

Update: Done. There are four slots available for 'GAF' apply for those interested and we'll get you in. Daydream i'll hold a spot for you.

thanks, i'm in!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'd dump the barbarian hut. I always say that, if you are going to use a hut, then go all out with the huts. Otherwise, not much value for the high cost. You also need some meaty ground units. Try using a knight or your giant. I would also try to use at least one AOE character (other than the witch). Maybe a bomber.

t.

thanks, this helped.

https://imgur.com/a/iunNL

i'm still gettingg wrecked by the baby dragon but the added musk helps.

on a losing streak... i feel like my deck has no synergy

these are my cards - any good build ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/0Ccq7

Agree with the above..
I have currently barb-hut & spear-hut (but i find skeleton army to be more versatile than the graveyard so I got that as well) and it just got me from bouncing between 800-900 to Solid 1100...

So either put another hut in as well or drob the hut?

Edit.... So does late post count towards the next level?

Dunlop

Using:

Spear Goblin
Musketeer
Goblin Hut
Arrows
Tombstone
Giant
Goblins
Prince

I put a hut or tombstone down first which makes people want to commit on that side and then throw in a low cast goblin..then putting the prince down the other lane to wreck their tower.

afterwards it is mostly about using everything on defense

So my win ratio is good with it, but usually it is by 1 or 2 Crowns

daydream

Banned
so, i can only donate spare cards and i assume i get those by buying them in the shop? is there a way to see what spare cards i have?

Ferny

so, i can only donate spare cards and i assume i get those by buying them in the shop? is there a way to see what spare cards i have?

From free chests, crown chests, and the ones you get from the game. You'll have spare cards just from playing normally.

basically when you unlock a new card, you have that forever. Any other copies you get(That you don't use for upgrading) are 'spare' cards. Opening chests normally usually gives you a ton(For example, it's not uncommon to get like, x11 cannon cards from opening a free chest).

This game is REALLY popular. I'm a teacher IRL and all the boys who had a cell phone in my class were playing this today.

It's nice that the kids finally have a good game to play with their smartphones :)

AndyD

aka andydumi
Played a few games today and saw several new units and techniques I had not seen before. I have also realized that I need to shift to more AOE/ranged units to counter some of the newer threats like stronger dragons, and witch and the balloon.

Also the bomb tower in the middle is a great approach as it can defend both bridges at once.

Top Bottom