• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

HotHamBoy

Spreadsheet seems like a pain tbh. In the past we've just screen shot the people in violation each week and clean up when needed. We've largely stopped booting people due to the lack of new members joining from here though and just kick people out who've been inactive when it's needed.

We still have a fairly active clan. 11 people without donations two days into the week right now. A couple of those are semi actives who just haven't been on yet. Probably won't bother with screen shots unless we merge with another GAF clan st some point.

We've had one week where we had 9 wins instead of 10. Otherwise been good on that front!

When we were tracking in the past, we just made sure people didn't have zero donations two weeks consecutively or else kicked. I'd probably do crowns now though.

I try to be fairly active but somedays i just don't feel like playing, especially if im frustrated with the game. Is there a way to track your clan activity?

Brakke

Banned
I try to be fairly active but somedays i just don't feel like playing, especially if im frustrated with the game. Is there a way to track your clan activity?

On the clan page, tap the little by the 🏆.

I see you have 270 donations this week. Only one crown on the last chest tho. 😒

HotHamBoy

On the clan page, tap the little by the 🏆.

I see you have 270 donations this week. Only one crown on the last chest tho. 😒

Ha, well, those go pretty quick.

I mean, I have no problem trying to give more crowns on the crown chest but just realize that the higher you make the crown minimum the faster the LV 10 chest is going to be reached and the slimmer the window will be to contribute.

Also I kinda suck so sometimes i struggle to get crowns.

Brakke

Banned
Yeah I'm just clowning. I had a couple weeks there where by the time I signed on in a week, the chest was already level 9. Especially during 2v2 or fun challenges.

Btw our clan has a couple slots open. Quote this post to join!

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
It seems like my GB/Princess deck is having an easier time as of late. Mostly due to the IT handling the Golem and Princess pretty much shutting down the overly used NW. For a while there it was rough.

Sitting at a hair over 4k.

GB 6
GG 11
Princess 3
Knight 12
Ice Spirit 11
IT 8
Rocket 8
Log 2

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Question: Is there any kind of member tracking spreadsheet or anything for clan leaders? I've had my own clan since launch day and one of our rules is ten crown minimum on the weekends (I'd like to make it 20 eventually). I usually only kick people if they violate the rule for a couple weeks in a row. I also usually watch this by just taking a screenshot every week after the clan chest ends, but I was just wondering if there's a more elegant way to tracks member stats, maybe include donations and stuff.

I could just make a spreadsheet, but I figure surely there's already something like this?

I ran a clan before leaving to join a GAF, and I used to keep track through screenshots of people who I thought weren't pulling their weight. I kinda had to because we had a lot of players who would call out the stragglers as those keeping our clan ranking down. It was pretty annoying to do it manually... I wish they had better clan management tools.

Ha, well, those go pretty quick.

I mean, I have no problem trying to give more crowns on the crown chest but just realize that the higher you make the crown minimum the faster the LV 10 chest is going to be reached and the slimmer the window will be to contribute.

Also I kinda suck so sometimes i struggle to get crowns.
Three days is not a slim window to contribute. Do people not grab their crown chest each day, or once in three days? It's discouraging to be in a clan and see 4-5 people always getting one crown over a three day period, but sure seem to log in regularly for their card requests.

Cooter

Yeah I'm just clowning. I had a couple weeks there where by the time I signed on in a week, the chest was already level 9. Especially during 2v2 or fun challenges.

Btw our clan has a couple slots open. Quote this post to join!

I'm joining in a bit plus I have a good friend who is at 4k and very active if that is ok?

I'm Wally Wall on Clash BTW

EDIT:

I'm in. Thank you

Question for Android users - I am trying to play a second account on the same device. I have two Google accounts with two separate email addresses. I log into my alt on my phone, select it from within the CR app, and it switches to that account, but no change - it stays as my normal account. What am I doing wrong here?
I deleted local files as well.

Question for Android users - I am trying to play a second account on the same device. I have two Google accounts with two separate email addresses. I log into my alt on my phone, select it from within the CR app, and it switches to that account, but no change - it stays as my normal account. What am I doing wrong here?
I deleted local files as well.

Delete local files, then get into Clash Royale and don't load any account. Go through the tutorial and then log into your new account. I've done it and always work, but there was a time when the new account didn't had the "app synchronization" active so it didn't load. Try that.

HotHamBoy

Three days is not a slim window to contribute. Do people not grab their crown chest each day, or once in three days? It's discouraging to be in a clan and see 4-5 people always getting one crown over a three day period, but sure seem to log in regularly for their card requests.

I find our clan chest is usually completed by the end of saturday, so usually we have 2 days.

As for loggin in for card requests, i can do that in 5 seconds (and make a few donations while im at it) when the thought randomly pops into my head. I don't always have time to sit and play a game, especially if im on a losing streak.

For example, i just played 4 games and only popped 1 tower. So that's one crown for about 15 minutes of play.

And now I'm 1 loss from dropping to Arena 7. Again.

One thing that is supremely frustrating about this game is that you can overcome most skill barriers just by leveling cards. Like, that's dumb. I just played a guy who's commons were all Level 11+, mostly a mirror deck. Had no chance with my highest level card being 9.

Cooter

You guys are awesome. What a great clan. 19 people in a tourney?! Are you kidding? Thanks again. Plus everyone donates a ton!

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
One thing that is supremely frustrating about this game is that you can overcome most skill barriers just by leveling cards. Like, that's dumb. I just played a guy who's commons were all Level 11+, mostly a mirror deck. Had no chance with my highest level card being 9.

I'm going to suggest you did actually have a chance otherwise you wouldn't be near them on the leaderboard. With the card level disparity that suggests you are probably a better player than they were.

I find our clan chest is usually completed by the end of saturday, so usually we have 2 days.

As for loggin in for card requests, i can do that in 5 seconds (and make a few donations while im at it) when the thought randomly pops into my head. I don't always have time to sit and play a game, especially if im on a losing streak.

For example, i just played 4 games and only popped 1 tower. So that's one crown for about 15 minutes of play.

And now I'm 1 loss from dropping to Arena 7. Again.

I wasn't taking a shot at you personally. It's something I've seen across many clans. I'd echo the comment above mine regarding levels. You got matched up with someone skillful. I'm level ten and in hog mountain, and I know I'm going to have a harder fight when I see a level nine king tower as opposed to 11, because I know the player is often more skilled to be there at lower level. Same principle for card levels.

Cooter

Well, those balance changes were real. I'm really not looking forward to an increase in seige decks. Blah.

I'm trying to figure out what this means for my GB/Princess/Rocket deck. None of my cards were touched but I already had trouble with xbow/mortar decks. Hmmm

Plus I have a ton of dark prince cards waiting to upgrade. May try to work him into a deck.

Well, those balance changes were real. I'm really not looking forward to an increase in seige decks. Blah.

I'm trying to figure out what this means for my GB/Princess/Rocket deck. None of my cards were touched but I already had trouble with xbow/mortar decks. Hmmm

Plus I have a ton of dark prince cards waiting to upgrade. May try to work him into a deck.

What are the changes ?

Cooter

What are the changes ?

Graveyard down to 9 seconds from 10 seconds down from 17 skeletons to 15.

Battle Ram takes longer to charge

Night Witch damage down 9% range down 11% bats spawn 1 second slower death spawn is 2

Heal down to 2.5 seconds from 3 seconds 440hp from 616hp

Mini pekka +4.6% damage

Electro -2% damage

Mortar and xbow spawn time 0.5 seconds faster

Ice Wiz 10% more damage 0.2 slower attack speed

Bats found the missing night witch death spawn and now spawn 5

EDIT:

Forgot the Dark Prince. +6% damage. Hit speed decreased to 1.4 from 1.5

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Lots of good changes. I thought lightning or golem might have seen a slight nerf but I guess not. The hog rider lives on as well.

Agent

Calling it now, PEKKA and Double Prince will be back in the meta with the new changes. It brings back a lot of memories to use it.

Right now I'm using:

Ice Spirit
Zap
Ice Wizard
Princess
Dark Prince
Prince
Elixir Collector
PEKKA

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Calling it now, PEKKA and Double Prince will be back in the meta with the new changes. It brings back a lot of memories to use it.

Right now I'm using:

Ice Spirit
Zap
Ice Wizard
Princess
Dark Prince
Prince
Elixir Collector
PEKKA

PEKKA as a card had already made a comeback into ladder play after everybody was using it in the triple elixir challenge.

That and the Crown Championship Challenge! 20 wins fot 250k Gold and an Invite for the Championship!

Great week for CR.

I just bought the Legendary Chest using my 500 gems with my secondary account and I got an Ewiz. I already had it with my main account, so not bad, but I wanted something else

An annoying deck that's been going around is-
MIner
Dash Girl
Ice Spirit
Shock Man
Knight
Magma tower
Poison
Log

It's an annoying cycle deck.

An annoying deck that's been going around is-
MIner
Dash Girl
Ice Spirit
Shock Man
Knight
Magma tower
Poison
Log

It's an annoying cycle deck.
One of the popular YouTubers posted a video about it and it's been going around reddit too. Miner poison decks go in and out of style pretty regularly.

Cooter

Well known Clash Royale YouTuber, Molt, is quitting Clash Royale for now. He's tired of how everyone is using the same cards over and over and Supercell's inability to address it. Especially Golem meta deck.

https://youtu.be/nUHa66HVNDA
It is pretty annoying. If they got rid of death damage the Golem would still be really strong yet manageable. Death damage kills way too much. It's 3 separate explosions which destroys all low hp troops guaranteed. I know it's 8 elixir but when you add up the troops needed to kill it for a low elixar and low hp deck like mine it's nearly always a positive elixar trade even with an IT. Throw in lightning and it's nearly indefensible for me. I usually just accept that I'll probably lose when I see one. I do my best and maybe win 25% of them but it's just too strong right now. I need an IT, Princess, Knight, GG, log, and Ice Spirit just to keep the tower damage around 1000 if I'm lucky. That's 17 elixir and if he puts a NW, Golem, and Lightning he's spending 18 and getting heavy damage. If he gets a baby dragon behind the tower is most certainly gone. I do just fine against pretty much every other deck like Giant, GY, bridge spam, hogs, and even decent against 3m but unfortunately Golems are a huge percentage of decks I see in challenge which I mostly play.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Well known Clash Royale YouTuber, Molt, is quitting Clash Royale for now. He's tired of how everyone is using the same cards over and over and Supercell's inability to address it. Especially Golem meta deck.

https://youtu.be/nUHa66HVNDA

Hmmm kinda feels like a bit of confirmation bias if he feels he is always seeing the same deck. I just don't see that myself.

Sure, from time to time, when new cards are released the meta gravitates towards something specific for a short while. Like when Elite Barbarians when they first dropped, and Night Witch being paired with Golem when she appeared. But Supercells key intent when undertaking balancing updates is to balance the usage and appearance of all cards overall, and they've mostly been effective at correcting over powered cards which created a meta shift.

I can empathize a little with his point that some decks and cards have specific and direct counters, so you can end up playing against someone and just go through the motions once you recognize what they are playing. I imagine this is even worse when you are creating daily video content of match strategies and breakdowns. But even when the next move might be "obvious" I feel that human error, an unconventional spin on a popular strategy, mismatched levels, and even the randomness of initial card orders can make things interesting and fun.

Cooter

I switched up my deck by adding a mirror for the ice spirit and it's doing very well in challenges. Unfortunately it's only a lvl 4 and I'm not sure it's even worth attempting a ladder match seeing as I'm sitting at 4091. Really liking it. So many fun options.

Princess
Log
Knight
IT
Rocket
GB
GG
Mirror (was Ice Spirit)

Back to back GB causes trouble. Double princesses is fun. Two rockets when the tower is down to 1000 is a nice card to have in your back pocket too. All and all I'm enjoying it and beating people in the mid to upper 4000s so that's encouraging.

HotHamBoy

I got another Legendary, this time E-Wiz from a crown chest.

It's so crazy that I never got a single Legendary drop from anything for a year and now I've gotten 3 drops from chests plus won a Legendary chest all in the last 2 months or so.

Anyway, super excited. E-Wiz was at the top of my want list and he is so good, so versatile.

After last week's nerf the two most recent Legendaries I got, Night Witch and Graveyard, both got his pretty hard. GY has been particularly underwhelming for me. Swapped out GY for E-Wiz and it's worked out great so far. Here is the deck I'm running:

Giant
Night Witch
Electo Wizard
Zap
Poison
Tombstone
Mega Minion
Knight

I'm still learning how to play this damn game. Right before pulling the E-Wiz I was in a bad slump with a losing streak. Already seem to be doing better with the swap.

HotHamBoy

I'm disappointed how the latest Balance Update never addressed Hog, Golem or Balloon.

I don't think Balloon is too bad. The death bomb causes a little too much damage, maybe?

Hog is super annoying, especially with strong support. Multiple times I've lost a tower to hogs in the first 10 seconds because the opponent gets some fantastic opening hand and I simply can't counter fast enough.

Golem is just fucking obnoxious with all that HP. That's the point, i guess, but he really doesn't even need support. Just drop him at the bridge and I'm sweatin.

Brakke

Banned
Hog seems like a silly one to complain about. If your deck can't stop a Hog, then you have a bad deck. He's been the way he is for AGES now and you can severely blunt his damage with a 1-cost Skeleton drop; halt him entirely with a Skeleton + Ice Spirit.

If you can't stop a Hog, then there are a pile of other things you probably can't stop. And unlike EBarbs, he won't eat your entire tower if you lag out for two seconds or whatever.

Brakke

Banned
I played Tesla for a bit there but yeah it's really uncommon.

Guards are pretty good but I can't remember the last time I saw them. The spell-resistance is cute but you'd probably rather play regular Skeletons to bait out the Zap or Log and then just cycle to something else to defend.

Big Pekka shows up in 2v2 pretty often but almost never in ladder, in my experience. Heal, too, is much more common in 2v2.

Haven't seen Clone since it was super in vogue with Night Witch for a bit there.

Yeah, I don't see clone much either.

Have seen a few barb Huts in the last few days, though.

I see Big Pekka semi-frequently.
Same on big pekka. I got slaughtered by someone today using heal on lvl 13 minion horde. Since I rely on princess to two shot it, it was ugly. Also saw my first cannon cart in the wild. Was not sure how to deal with it, but it was paired with a lvl 7 golem that's tough for my deck anyway.

I forgot cannon cart even existed. I was scrolling through my own cards when I made that post, and it's one of 2 cards I don't have (the other is Bandit).

And I overlooked Clone since it looks like a generic bottle.

Agent

Cannon Cart is actually a decent card. There are two problems of why you don't see it. 1) It's an epic so players at higher levels can't afford to actually use it under-leveled in their deck 2) It costs too much elixir. If it was 4 elixir with some stat adjustment I bet you would see a good increase of usage.

You can actually see the least used cards on statsroyale.com, which is a great website if you haven't checked it out. (it tells you your chest cycle and where you're at)

Accounting for all arenas, these are the lowest 5 cards by usage rate:

1) Cannon Cart 0.3%
2) Heal 0.5%
3) Bomb Tower 0.6%
4) Tesla 0.7%
5) Barbarian Hut 0.8%

Statistically, you can't really read too much into the Cannon Cart being the lowest. It's a newer release, only available in Arena 10, and for the reasons I mentioned above.

If you look at Legendary only, the lowest 5 cards are:

1) Cannon Cart
2) Heal
3) Bomb Tower
4) Tesla
5) Clone

Basically the same with the addition of Clone instead of Barbarian Hut (#6). It's somewhat amusing Heal got a minor nerf in the last update considering it's rarely used. The only time you see heal typically used is in a Three Musketeers deck. Outside of that, I don't think I've ever seen it.

Brakke

Banned
Oh yeah I forgot all about the Cannon Cart lol. Haven't seen it since the challenge, and haven't even unlocked it yet. Definitely wouldn't use it any time soon, either; I only just got enough Bats organically to level to one below my standard. But at least I could've been requesting Bats if I wanted.

It'll take months before I can even consider Cannon Cart, regardless if it's good or not.

Not surprised about the low numbers for Barb Hut. I'm a hut player and it always surprises me when I get matches against someone with huts too. It's a great card against hog and beatdown. Hogs will land prolly one hit. Giants will die before they got it, and it's still a positive trade vs Golem.

IMHO they should at least adjust Tesla damage / speed so that it one shots Minions. Even a mini stun would be great.

totowhoa

Banned
I need to try cannon cart more. My draft chest gave me a ton after I unlocked the card... I'm only 3 cards from level 5 without requesting it

Top Bottom