• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Wait what? never seen that quest.

Games is a bit weird now, but I still like it. Touchdown is fun, but Hog is way OP for the mode. Picking it is a no brainer

Games is a bit weird now, but I still like it. Touchdown is fun, but Hog is way OP for the mode. Picking it is a no brainer

I've seen it on my alt two days in a row, but none at all on my main.

Agreed, Hog and Battle Ram should be removed from the mode. I think that it also shouldn't be a draft, but have preset teams that are the same for both sides.

HotHamBoy

I actually played a game where the opponent passed on Hog and I was very surprised to see I had it.

It is possible to lose with hog, def, but you probably won't. Even if Hog doesn't score the point it takes so much effort to stop it that another unit slips by.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay.... after nearly 2 years, I think it's time for me to retire. My cards just aren't high enough level to compete anymore. I have a few cards that are high enough, but I can't make other decks because their levels are just too low. Nearly all of my opponents have level 13 commons or level 10 rares.

Previously I focused on challenges, which have low level caps, but I vastly prefer 2v2 than 1v1 nowadays. I just can't keep up without spending money, and I'd rather not.

b33r

I feel pretty much the same way, but I still enjoy the game. I rarely play ladder, 2vs2 and touchdown, which I hated at first. I can still slowly build a ladder deck like I have been, though the shop is iffy now. I'm not that mad, but I do play less.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
So, between traveling internationally for the last 3.5 weeks and the new update, my behaviour with the game is definitely changed.

Firstly, I've switched away from 2v2 back towards Ladder. Seems more worthwhile to chip away at Quests that way rather than the "lesser" rewards of 2v2.

Secondly, I'm logging in less times a day, and playing less overall. I've partly got out of the habit because of travel but the loss of the free chests and having less chests to open overall because I am playing less has me checking in less. Which then has me playing less.

I now have both Arrows and Giant waiting for the gold to upgrade to their top level. And I'm one Princess (and gold) away from Level 4. My interest might be renewed if upping those cards bumps me up the ladder and brings me into a new level of competitiveness. But for now I feel this game losing its 18 month grip on me.

hollomat

Banned
Just uninstalled. It’s clear from this update supercell doesn’t give a shit about it’s players. Guess I should thank them. I’ve been playing less and less lately, but this is what finally got me to uninstall. I hope they see a huge drop in revenue thanks to this update.

Been great playing with all of you. I’m currently in the Neogaf clan on brawl stars so look for me there if that game ever launches worldwide.

If anyone wants my account, send me a PM. You can have it for free, we just have to figure out the account linking. Basically I can generate a code to give you my account, but you only have 2 minutes to enter the code before it expires.
I’ve been playing since launch so I have a ton of stuff including 260k gold, lvl 13 RG, and lvl 3 ice wizard and princess. Would love to give it to someone still interested in the game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I would like to know why the fuck have I been kicked out of the clan. Because I’ve been not so active for fuckin’ 12 days? Not even inactive, which is the rules (and even then we’ve *always* had some leeway for long-time members). I’ve been on this clan for way more than a year, back in February 2016 iirc, contributed thousands of cards/chests.
I mean, I don’t even think thatguy is a gaffer, I remember him coming into the clan just a few months ago, way after me, 8sanders, subzero, matush, irrotional and such. I’m beyond pissed.

Brakke

Banned
Clan chat said you had 0 crowns contributed to clan chest for five weeks running. One of the Co-Leaders has screenshots I suppose.

I just mentioned your message here in the clan chat.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
I would like to know why the fuck have I been kicked out of the clan. Because I’ve been not so active for fuckin’ 12 days? Not even inactive, which is the rules (and even then we’ve *always* had some leeway for long-time members). I’ve been on this clan for way more than a year, back in February 2016 iirc, contributed thousands of cards/chests.
I mean, I don’t even think thatguy is a gaffer, I remember him coming into the clan just a few months ago, way after me, 8sanders, subzero, matush, irrotional and such. I’m beyond pissed.

Sorry about that Dash, I sent you an invite, you are always welcome to come back.

HotHamBoy

I feel pretty done with 2v2. It's just too frustrating now.

Ladder is more satisfying.

They should replace 2v2 with 1v1 Unranked Draft. That would be fun and I need the practice.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Telling you guys now but Tesla tower is super op. Use it before it gets nerfed.
I've been thinking about switching my IT for it but the IT is OP in it's own right and is the defensive backbone for log bait decks when facing beatdown players.

Yeah, being so used to my deck or variations of it, that Mirror match is damn hard for me. I never know when is the best time to use the mirror

Brakke

Banned
I don't get it. Wouldn't swapping replace it with something different?

Yeah but without waiting on the clock. You’re giving up a free chest in order to get an early start on a different quest.

Of course, yesterday I did it and cycled into “use Barbarian Hut in 1v1”, which I absolutely wouldn’t do, so then I lost a chest and also two quest rerolls...

It’s not a foolproof technique.

I don't get it. Wouldn't swapping replace it with something different?
Yes, but when you swap a standard quest, you get nothing. When you swap a reward quest, and first get rewards (4/5 on the reward one, 2/3 free chests), you get those rewards, chest points, and then switch to a new quest that will give you more rewards. You net more rewards and chest points.

Yes, but when you swap a standard quest, you get nothing. When you swap a reward quest, and first get rewards (4/5 on the reward one, 2/3 free chests), you get those rewards, chest points, and then switch to a new quest that will give you more rewards. You net more rewards and chest points.

Yeah.

Essentially-
Free loot chest-
Claim 2 chests(10 quest points)
Swap it out for a potential 20+ quest points+more rewards.

For the daily log in-
then swap it out for a fresh quest. Essentially it lets you reap the rewards without expending the quest itself.

It's a pretty big damn oversight on their part.

Brakke

Banned
It’s only a “big” oversight in the sense that they didn’t quite reduce the number of daily free chests as they intended to by removing free silver chests...

Yeah.

Essentially-
Free loot chest-
Claim 2 chests(10 quest points)
Swap it out for a potential 20+ quest points+more rewards.

For the daily log in-
then swap it out for a fresh quest. Essentially it lets you reap the rewards without expending the quest itself.

It's a pretty big damn oversight on their part.
Like buying rares for 20 and 40 and making such huuuuuuuge profits that they had to take them away

Like buying rares for 20 and 40 and making such huuuuuuuge profits that they had to take them away

Yeah

it's stupid in hindsight

this quest system does suck though, swapped out my free chest quest and got a "Play 15 sparky in 1v1" one. RIP. Can't even do the stupid 10 gem challenge to fulfill it, has to be ranked.

Brakke

Banned
Yeah the specific 1v1 card quests are instant drops. Who the heck experiments in 1v1? If you wanna try an unusual card, there are so many other ways to do it.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Yeah the specific 1v1 card quests are instant drops. Who the heck experiments in 1v1? If you wanna try an unusual card, there are so many other ways to do it.
Bingo. Instant swap out for me. They need to include 1v1 challenge in the quest.

For what it's worth, they seem to have double the rewards of other quests. You can keep one of them until the end of the season, and try to pass it until you're in danger of dropping out of your arena bracket.

Top Bottom