• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Class-action lawsuit against Microsoft for alleged Xbox One controller "stick drift" now includes the Elite Series 2

reforen

How does people break controllers so easily? I have 1 controller that come with the OG xbox and is working with no drift or button issues, also I have the controller that come with the one X and also is in optimal conditions

Longcat

How does people break controllers so easily? I have 1 controller that come with the OG xbox and is working with no drift or button issues, also I have the controller that come with the one X and also is in optimal conditions
People aren't "breaking" their controllers. It just seems quality has gone down since the olden days. My OG Xbone controller started drifting, and when I bought a replacement (the Recon model, whichever year that was) it had a bad A button. Replaced it with another Recon, exact same issue. Replaced that one with a standard Xbone V2 that still works to this day *knocks on wood*

Elite 2 controller owner here, can confirm stick drift and a "soft" A button for me. Tweaking settings and using the tool to tighten your sticks works to counteract but it really shouldn't be necessary for a AUD$249 controller. There is also a "wiggle" in a mini circle on the sticks after only a few months of use, it's actually where the drift comes from, the drift is a symptom of a sticks ball sitting issue or wear etc.

Max_Po

Banned
Elite Controller 2, most overrated accessory.

I have had 6 Elite 1, although mint the sticks becomes looser. I sold most of them near the cost price.

Elite 2, A button stuck/sticky - returned.
Elite 2, Number 2. A button Okay, sticks okay but RB is a bit faulty.

The only reason I even buy these is because I get 25% off through work.

Rien

Jelly Belly
My elite (first version) died when playing sekiro. The lb button came out after the final boss. True it’s a controller killer that boss but for such an expensive controller this shouldn’t happen.
And no. I don’t agro with controllers or games

Connxtion

Not had a single issue bar the back pads coming off my elite controller and I have dropped it quite a few times. (On to carpet mind)

I find that stick issues are usually caused by drops or heavy handedness with them. If it’s got stick drift right out of the box, it’s a defect. If it’s after a few months it’sa user issue. 🤷‍♂️

jayj

Banned
My elite (first version) died when playing sekiro. The lb button came out after the final boss. True it’s a controller killer that boss but for such an expensive controller this shouldn’t happen.
And no. I don’t agro with controllers or games
That happened to me with my favorite Xbox One controller, my Forza 6 edition controller. The RB button broke on me while I was playing some Forza Horizon 4, went to shift up and something broke then it got all lose and that was it. Can't say it's a unique thing for a controller to break on me though, I had a blue PS4 controller that just straight up stopped working on me.

Rien

Jelly Belly
That happened to me with my favorite Xbox One controller, my Forza 6 edition controller. The RB button broke on me while I was playing some Forza Horizon 4, went to shift up and something broke then it got all lose and that was it. Can't say it's a unique thing for a controller to break on me though, I had a blue PS4 controller that just straight up stopped working on me.
Don’t get me started on DS4’s haha. Especially in the beginning they wore out by just looking at them.

jayj

Banned
Don’t get me started on DS4’s haha. Especially in the beginning they wore out by just looking at them.
Yeah my launch PS4 controllers all had issues, especially with the rubber they used for the analog sticks breaking down prematurely.

Green_Eyes

When I worked at GAME people were CONSTANTLY replacing their Elite 2's in-store due to one manufacturer's fault or another. They're busted.

Zathalus

I've had bad luck with both Xbox and PS controllers this gen, had to replace my DS controllers twice and my Xbox controller once. Got a Elite 2 to go with my XSX so I hope that doesn't suck as well. Fuck, I hope both MS and Sony have better QC this coming gen.

Funnily enough, the Switch Pro and Switch controllers are the only ones I have not had any problems with.

Tomeru

I find it strange that there isnt a better replacement to the sticks ms and sony use. Its the same pieces of shit since forever now.

Top Bottom