• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Classic 8-bit Nintendo has gamer Mark Cooper hooked - he owns nearly 500 cartridges"

BeOnEdge

Banned
new style NES? BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! you're not an oldskool nintendo gamer unless you had to...

a:blow on the cartridges
b:clean the carts with alcohol and a q-tip even though the cart said not to on the back
c:slap the carts against your hand before putting them in the system
d:insert the cart in the slot with just aliiiiiiiiittle bit hanging over the lip of the tray so when you closed it, it would jam itself in.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BeOnEdge said:
new style NES? BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! you're not an oldskool nintendo gamer unless you had to...

b:clean the carts with alcohol and a q-tip even though the cart said not to on the back
d:insert the cart in the slot with just aliiiiiiiiittle bit hanging over the lip of the tray so when you closed it, it would jam itself in.

Haha, so true. And a slight bump to the NES while playing usually screws the game up

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
i own 200 nes games....

and actually a new style nes is rather rare so hes hardcore for having one. ( i have one also of course)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
BeOnEdge said:

So how exactly did every kid in the country seem to figure out the same four methods of getting NES carts to work?

I know I didn't ask anybody about them.

retardboy

BeOnEdge said:

Ahahha no doubt

Archaix said:
So how exactly did every kid in the country seem to figure out the same four methods of getting NES carts to work?

Haha I wonder too, maybe we were just born gamers? :p Ah, I love being corny.

dorikyasu

BeOnEdge said:

Ah, the memories... :D

BeOnEdge said:

Damn right. I also used to put another game on top of the one on the NES to hold it down. That did the trick a lot of times.

Archaix said:

I too am amazed by this.

bjork

Ninja Gaiden is a C-

Also, why does this guy get an article? That Jason Wilson guy who writes for Tips and Tricks owns ALL of the NES games including unlicensed and promotional, etc... I see no artical about him.

I want an article about how I own a full set of Final Fantasy VII toys!

jett

D-Member
Archaix said:

Indeed, it's amazing. Everyone, ALL OVER THE WORLD(not just USA) "fixed" their NES and NES games in the same manner.

BeOnEdge said:

Seriously, this is freaking amazing that everyone used these methods, yet they were hardly ever (if at all) mentioned in gaming magazines or anything. I think that word of mouth is what caused them to spread around the country and world.

BeOnEdge said:

god, this must be what moses felt like when reading the 10 commandments

Top Bottom