• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic N64 mini real ? new leaked info. [UP: old info]

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
-EDIT-
aww appears to be old.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ni_game_list_leak_is_a_batch_of_old_pdf_files

original message
So this youtuber named john riggs said he found a list of manuals on the official nintendo site to download
this really looks real.
what do you think of the list ?

18+1 bonus games

1080 snowboarding
bomberman 64
donkey kong 64
excite bike 64
f-zero X
kirby 64
mario 64
mario kart 64
mario party 2
mario tennis
paper mario
pokemon snap
starfox 64
legend of zelda oot
majora
wave race 64
yoshi's story

Bonus :
sin and punishment import only

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87tLTDkS27Y

this is the nintendo website containing the list of manuals to download

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-64/Nintendo-64-manual-and-additional-documents/Nintendo-64-games-manuals/Nintendo-64-games-manuals-990819.html

FrostyLemon

If true then it confirms my fears for this collection. If it hasn’t got anything by Rare then it’s not worth having. The best games have already been remastered.

kunonabi

If true that is a terrible lineup. Even without rare there's a bunch of better games they could use.

Vitacat

No Smash or Pilotwings? :-/ Otherwise, a pretty good list.

Real or fake, doesn't matter because no one will be able to find one for purchase anyway.

True. I've still never seen any of these Classic systems in person or in stores. They're fun to see on youtube, though. I have an NVidia Shield TV that plays all these retro games beautifully via Retroarch already, and is smaller than a Nintendo Switch (in fact I believe the SOC is the same one used in the Switch!). Also very nice for streaming media. Highly recommended.

SeppOCE

If true then it confirms my fears for this collection. If it hasn’t got anything by Rare then it’s not worth having. The best games have already been remastered.

If it follows NES and SNES classics then you’ll be able to edit which games it plays anyway.

Collin

Banned
This guys logic that the manuals = N64 Classic list is pretty weak. And he's surprised that there's no Mario Party 1 or Pilotwings? Really dude? How about freaking Smash Bros?!

It really does suck if the N64 can't use any Rare games, though, that'll significantly deplete some solid games from appearing on this thing.

k91191

look at that list it misses some games

Just Ogre Battle and Harvest Moon are missing.

Both were released for the Wii U virtual console earlier this year. Kind of weird that Bomberman 64 was also released earlier this year, but IT has a manual...

Odd, but I still believe these are just manuals for their Wii U virtual consoles releases.

Midlevel Boss

Neo Member
If it happens, it'll probably be stuff that was on Virtual Console already. Not expecting much from third parties. You'd hope Ogre Battle 64 makes it, though.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I find it hard to believe that Nintendo wouldn’t include Smash Bros. on a N64 Classic Mini.

EDIT: and no Animal Crossing or Cruis’n USA.

Kurt

The sad thing is that many rare games were involved in best list of n64 games. No buy for me without ki gold (or golden eye)

nick_b

I'm not sure they're dumb enough to not include Smash. Unless it's a licensing issue. I'd be more inclined to believe it with Smash on the list.

Smash Bros. is just way too glaring an omission. We'd sooner see that before something like Excitebike.

I'm not sure they're dumb enough to not include Smash. Unless it's a licensing issue. I'd be more inclined to believe it with Smash on the list.

Not likely, especially since almost every franchise represented in Smash 1 would have a playable installment, even Pokemon.

OrionFalls

I find it hard to believe that Nintendo wouldn’t include Smash Bros. on a N64 Classic Mini.

EDIT: and no Animal Crossing or Cruis’n USA.
AC was only released on N64 in Japan. It only came to the West when it was enhanced for a Gamecube release. It makes sense why AC isn’t on the list for a N64 Classic Mini.

If they do Smash, that implies four controller ports... is that even feasible for a budget product like this?

this makes no sense.... most of the other games are 4 player. the n64's gimmick was the 4 player ports. you cant have a classic n64 without 4 ports

unless for some reason they do 2 ports, and make two more compitable via blu tooth

Shifty

Hm, curious. It does seem to be the only non classic mini console with game manuals available on the support site.

Hardly conclusive info though.

Burn0ut

Neo Member
No Rare games
No Smash
No Pilotwings

No Mystical Ninja or Ogre 64 for the rpg fans

I will still buy it though

DUX

Neo Member
I don't mind if there's no Pokemon Stadium because playing with rentals is alright, but quite a bit of it was involved with the transfer pak. Maybe if they had some sort of transfer mechanic from 3DS VC but seems like too much effort for one game.

I agree with not having smash being odd, seems like it would be a shoo-in

SirNinja

If the N64 mini is a real thing, that is a fairly convincing list. Basically what everyone thought would be there. Nothing by Rare, all the usual suspects...basically a "The Best of N64 Virtual Console Releases" console.

Smash Bros is an odd omission but maybe there were some licensing issues there.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
It would need Smash Bros. That's mandatory.

I can see this happening. And it would sell just as well.

Reorx

looking at that list made me realise that the SNES had the superior game catalogue. That lack of RPG's on the N64!

Top Bottom