• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classics HD: Ratchet and Clank Trilogy

Goldrusher

trcc46kwb.png

When ?

EU: June 27
US: Fall

What ?

The first three games. 1080p. 60fps. 3D. Trophies.
Up Your Arsenal complete with online multiplayer for up to 8 players.

Launch trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmAvgzyX3ho

What about Deadlocked?

Deadlocked/Gladiator also got the HD/3D/trophies treatment, but will be PSN-only.
There are however rumors the (American) Trilogy disc contain a coupon to download it.

Today, we’re delighted to announce The Ratchet & Clank Collection. This will contain Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal – all remastered by Idol Minds, working closely with our team at Insomniac Games.

In addition to a full 1080p HD remaster (720p stereoscopic 3D support) of all three games and the inclusion of three Platinum Trophies, we’re happy to confirm that the online competitive multiplayer from Up Your Arsenal will be included. Now you can check out the acclaimed multiplayer mode that many of you didn’t get to experience the first time on PS2.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...tion-going-1080p-on-ps3-multiplayer-included/

glaurung

Yes, god dammit, yes.

Another trip down memory lane. I am nudging myself through the Sly trilogy at the moment, then comes MGS and then Ratchet.

It is a great time to be playing video games.

Salih

I do own ToD and ACiT but haven't started playing them yet. Shall i start with that HD collection first and then play those two or shall i skip that HD Collection?

Don

It really includes the online multiplayer? Wasn't expecting that at all but fantastic news.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
YES.

My favorite Sony series of games. I'll preorder when it goes up on Amazon.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Provided they're solid ports, this makes me pretty happy. I haven't played R&C2 or R&C3, and every week that goes by I fear more for my poor 60GB PS3 reaching its end of life.

Atruvius

I do own ToD and ACiT but haven't started playing them yet. Shall i start with that HD collection first and then play those two or shall i skip that HD Collection?
Wait for HD collection. PS3 Ratchets are great but the PS2 ones are in a league of their own.

Don

I usually wait for a price drop on these collections but including the online multiplayer makes this a day 1 pickup.

Too bad they didn't include Deadlocked/Gladiator. My brother had Gladiator but I never got around to playing it.

I usually wait for a price drop on these collections but including the online multiplayer makes this a day 1 pickup.

Too bad they didn't include Deadlocked/Gladiator. My brother had Gladiator but I never got around to playing it.

Deadlocked isn't that good, coming directly after 3. Its one saving grace is that is has co-op (and even implemented it pretty well).

Atruvius

YES! My most awaited HD collection. Will buy day one. So many good memories of these games.

Shame about not including Gladiator. It was a great game in its own right.

DaBuddaDa

Insomniac: "Hey guys today's the big day to reveal our new HD collection we've been working so hard on, coming out on May 15!"

Blizzard: "HEY EVERYBODY DIABLO III COMES OUT ON MAY 15."

Insomniac: *cries*

Carl

I can't even tell you how fucking sold this is.

Yes i own every PS2 Ratchet. Bought every single one on release. And i'm still buying this. Fucking. Love. Ratchet.

I'm very much looking forward to this. Basic rundown of the games:

Ratchet & Clank: Started it all. Very basic compared to the other two, as there is no upgrading weapons beyond the gold weapons, but the story is charming, and we are introduced to Quark, the best character in the series.

R&C Going Commando: Much larger in scale to the first game. A couple new open world areas. Weapons are now upgradable. More variety in atmosphere, weapons, and enemy types. More challenging. Only issue is that the main badguy was pretty boring...that is until the wonderful twist at the end. Also, the Lava Gun is the best weapon ever.

R&C Up Your Arsenal: Story wise, this is my favorite, as it introduces Dr. Nefarious. It was funny and silly. It felt shorter than the second game but longer than the first. The weapons all around were probably the best here. Plus the 2D Quard side game is one of the best things ever made. Also many monkey jokes with Quark and his little simian pal. Also the weapon upgrade system was much deeper and more fleshed out in this one.

All in all my favorite game in gameplay was Going Commando, but my favorite story was Up Your Arsenal. Love this series.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I remember thinking that there was no way that the emulation could be that bad for the PS2 versions of these games on the 80 gb PSfats. Then I popped my discs in and tried it for myself :(

These should have been some of the earliest HD ports.

So who's behind this one?

Sanzaru did Sly, and Mass Media did Jak.

I've seen no indication that High Impact Games is behind it, so who then?

Endo Punk

I refused to purchase Jak collection because of missing effects and lighting. Sony better make Ratchet collection pretty much perfect. I was never a fan but I remember thoroughly enjoying the first game, haven't touched a single current gen Ratchet and don't plan on either.

And MP included? Woah this may well be the best HD re-release.

Carl

R&C Up Your Arsenal: Story wise, this is my favorite, as it introduces Dr. Nefarious. It was funny and silly. It felt shorter than the second game but longer than the first. The weapons all around were probably the best here. Plus the 2D Quard side game is one of the best things ever made. Also many monkey jokes with Quark and his little simian pal. Also the weapon upgrade system was much deeper and more fleshed out in this one.

And the best line in the series

"What a load of bull-"
"-SHHHH!"

First three games. 60fps. 3D. Trophies.
Sweet, I love the old R&C's, and this will finally get me to get around to playing Up Your Arsenal!

Includes R&C3's multiplayer for up to 8 players.
Nice! I love fun multiplayer modes, this should be great!

trololololo how bad must it suck to announce your release day at the same time as Diablo 3 and make it the next damn day? Bargain Binning it.

MAY? Gad damn. That's quick and I guess that wraps up Sony's HD Collections. They've got other series but I'm guessing they'll probably be released as PS2 Classics instead.

I wonder whose porting it. I'd guess Insomniac but they couldn't even be bothered patching trophies into their old games so I doubt they care. High Impact Games?

Top Bottom