Cliffy B says his next game will be a PC-only first person arena shooter

Heard it on Kevin Pereira's podcast on iTunes today, interesting listen.
www.deathsquad.tv/category/kevin-pereira-pointless/

Other tidbits...

-He can't talk in detail about the Epic split, but is still on good terms with some of them.
-Says he's ready to get back in the game and start his own studio.
-Hopes to use Unreal engine.
-Wants to get back to his roots with this project.
-He also speaks highly of the Oculus so the game will probably have support for that.
-Just speculation on my part for this, but I think Kickstarter might be the route he will go.

Curbstomp if old.

Man, I can't stand a lot of the industry-shill shit this guy says, but if he can help recapture that Unreal Tournament feel, I'll have to pay attention.

Other tidbits...

-He can't talk in detail about the Epic split, but is still on good terms with some of them.
-He also speaks highly of the Oculus so the game will probably have support for that.
-Just speculation on my part for this, but I think Kickstarter might be the route he will go.

Curbstomp if old.
Some? sounds like it may not of been a very amicable split

This is one genre that hasn't had a worthwhile resurrection. A good new arena shooter is welcome.

I'm concerned about the Rift comment though. A traditional fast arena shooter simply doesn't work with VR and building an arena shooter with the Rift in mind might not be a good idea.

Oh GOD yes!!!

I just hope it's got some interesting and unique weapon types ala Unreal Tournament. I'm so freaking sick of shooters using modern guns.

Other tidbits...

Curbstomp if old.
Jazz Jackrabbit Returns!