• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cliffy B says his next game will be a PC-only first person arena shooter

Heard it on Kevin Pereira's podcast on iTunes today, interesting listen.
www.deathsquad.tv/category/kevin-pereira-pointless/

Other tidbits...

-He can't talk in detail about the Epic split, but is still on good terms with some of them.
-Says he's ready to get back in the game and start his own studio.
-Hopes to use Unreal engine.
-Wants to get back to his roots with this project.
-He also speaks highly of the Oculus so the game will probably have support for that.
-Just speculation on my part for this, but I think Kickstarter might be the route he will go.

Curbstomp if old.

Orayn

PC only arena shooter? Godspeed, Young Clifford. If there's anyone who can help revive the genre, it's you.

Jb

Bold. And they still haven't picked an engine yet? I thought they were far more advanced than that.

GooeyHeat

Man, I can't stand a lot of the industry-shill shit this guy says, but if he can help recapture that Unreal Tournament feel, I'll have to pay attention.

Other tidbits...

-He can't talk in detail about the Epic split, but is still on good terms with some of them.
-He also speaks highly of the Oculus so the game will probably have support for that.
-Just speculation on my part for this, but I think Kickstarter might be the route he will go.

Curbstomp if old.

Some? sounds like it may not of been a very amicable split

Nibel

My man
AU7Amsc.gif

epmode

This is one genre that hasn't had a worthwhile resurrection. A good new arena shooter is welcome.

I'm concerned about the Rift comment though. A traditional fast arena shooter simply doesn't work with VR and building an arena shooter with the Rift in mind might not be a good idea.

DJIzana

Oh GOD yes!!!

I just hope it's got some interesting and unique weapon types ala Unreal Tournament. I'm so freaking sick of shooters using modern guns.

bumpkin

Other tidbits...

Curbstomp if old.
Jazz Jackrabbit Returns!

Top Bottom