• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Closer look at the Xbox One from a user who got the console early

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So if you haven't been up to date, Target seemed to have a pretty big screw up and shipped some of these early. One guy started going more in depth and gave us all kinds of info and pictures, so I tried to compile what he got, hopefully I got all/most of it. Here's the results from the Xbox One Moonlightswami twitter rampage. RIP in peace.

When he booted the console, the day one patch was live--500mb. Also, these pictures are captured from his PVR.

First up: Example of the game info screen and size. For the rest of the games/images see this thread.

CiLepu0.jpg

"Xbox One controller. Red bars next to home button are caused by flash"

Red seen here is likely to be picked up via Kinect:

Main screen, he picked red for his tiles. Last image shows some kinect stuff:

7e1c23317b8b2d85ef160355af6875b9.png

1256780f09a97dce1788d9242d009feb.png

47f26e9a972e75e8b4b0e7da8a482314.png

Note on tile color:
my son wants to know if orange is a colour option for the dashboard, kind of a deal breaker for him.

@Moonlightswami 13m
I believe it is. I saw every color in the rainbow and more

All your shit:

peB8Vi9.png

11463e1b6ea51174213fa23577bef96e.png

20dab743236dc7bbc06026ecb4b1d054.png

Snapping game DVR:

JFNgJhx.png

List of games and achievements. Going to guess icons probably aren't up yet:

0525a9362e138e946053750f17fe1f07.png

tFuIWYf.png

Featured challenges. Seems like neat things for the community to do:

Z6jA5rK.png

Top games online, apparently will track the users in each game and list what the top is:

e3e477bb001822fd19460d52abeb5daf.png

When he put CoD: Ghosts in, it auto installs and can be played at 50%. It shows progress in the dashboard so you aren't stuck watching a screen:

83b82bf699c12d9dd8d4389fd4dd6eee.png

2115d9d8a8182619166e833b286f0d63.png

Results of pressing home button in Ghosts

In game:
6f829721155589e96173872332a51af5.png

Home:
803a784dc06191c20f2eb82315be61bb.png

360 version of Ghosts:
f7d9532c783355188535321423d527d3.png

XOne version:

47cfbdeaedba8ea5de3180c056431447.png

Octane on Xbox One:
f8404b5d3f8d6669b28c8365065816df.png

He took a DVR clip of the game:
Here, view it as an MP4 as the gif one is all kinds of fucked up. On the recording he said:

Unfortunately, clip looks choppy. Not a huge fan of the in Game DVR right now. Only negative I have had for the system thus far.

Snap within CoD:

d6922812773bf778d7bd9c1a307969d9.png

Display and Sound options:

Here are the display and sound options: Res 1080p or 720p, HDMI or DVI, Color Depth 24 30 or 36 Bits per pixel,TV RGB limited or PC RGB full
And now sound options, HDMI: Stereo uncompressed, 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed, DTS digital surround, Optical: StereoUnCom DTS Digital

Some random tidbits from him:

screenshot2013-11-0907rjsu.png

78aa2994deec0619569d9aeb478fbea7.png

@ElWeaponSecreto 2m
If you double tap the HOME button you can switch between snaps and the main focus. That is SICK!!!

Holding Xbox Button has the turn off controller, turn off system option.

‏@Moonlightswami 1m

Confirmed, I accidentally turned off my Xbox One with the highly sensitive power button on console and it started back up in 45 seconds!
but then...
CORRECTION XBOX ONE takes 17 seconds to get to the dashboard. I used a stop watch lol
(I don't even know)

@Moonlightswami 6m

If you speak clearly, Kinect works well.

Kinect cord is LONG AF, like 6 feet or something, HDMI maybe 5? and power cord decently long as well.

I tried using Kinect to navigate. Its INSANE, my friend even could do commands through a Skype call on my computer.

From what I currently see, there is no more busy or away settings on xbox. Only appear online and offline.

the system is quieter than an air conditioner on low!

After all this time, the console is a bit warm, but not hot at all. Still silent, really good sign

FfhbXV7.png

Im out of twitter jail for the moment. Prob last tweet for the night: Microsoft may not be the best with support, but Xbox One is GREAT

I reccommend the Xbox One to any and everyone, even with everything that is going on for me with them right now.

Aaaaaaand a mass gamerpic dump:

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
It's up... I hope the thread remains civil

Anyone know if this user can still post setting screens while offline?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
thankfully guns were added back into the XBO version of Ghosts after their curious omission from the 360 version

Eusis

Those CoD comparison pics really should kill the argument that the upgrade is worthless without going full HD, nevermind that the 360 version isn't even at 720p.

Papercuts

thankfully guns were added back into the XBO version of Ghosts after their curious omission from the 360 version

Haha, I don't know wtf he was doing to get some of these screen grabs since they're all different sizes on top of stuff like that.

nib95

Banned
They should un-ban him the day their console wide media embargo ends. And also withdraw the copyright claim on his un-boxing video. The ban I can sort of understand (so long as it's temporary), but the copyright claim on the video is just absurd. If they don't eventually unban him....then they deserve all the mud slinging they get.

Side note, Ghosts does't look much better than the 360 version in that comparison. But I'm guessing these are down sized video grabs? Did he take any full resolution frame buffer captures?

hipbabboom

Neat, I'm still waiting to how well it can navigate cable channels. I hate my Comcast DVR box. Slow and sluggish.

I guess the real benefit is the ability to search by name and get program guides from an alternate (and hopefully more response source) you still can't control advanced features such as DVR using the Xbone. They said they will be adding features as the console evolves.

Midas

Metro is hideous, no reason to deny that. But what I really like is the "top games right now"-feature. Hopefully it'll be updated in real time.

Persona7

Banned
I love the gamerpics. I don't know why I am excited about something that small. I won't get a X1 for a while but I hope I can select my new gamerpic on xbox.com

Mystery

That is from his PVR equipment not the system capture although he did say the system capture was the only thing about the system he found disappointing.

Oh, thank God. If that was the default quality of the onboard game capture, I'd be very disappointed.

hipbabboom

That is from his PVR equipment not the system capture although he did say the system capture was the only thing about the system he found disappointing.

Really hope they polish that up by launch. It's also speculated that the day one patch he got may not be the final day-one patch. Not sure but its working great and if their still improving stuff then that's a great plus

Papercuts

They should un-ban him the day their console wide media embargo ends. And also withdraw the copyright claim on his un-boxing video. The ban I can sort of understand (so long as it's temporary), but the copyright claim on the video is just absurd. If they don't eventually unban him....then they deserve all the mud slinging they get.

Side note, Ghosts does't look much better than the 360 version in that comparison. But I've guessing these are down sized video grabs? Did he take any full resolution frame buffer captures?

Nah, this is the biggest we got. He did post 2 more ghost images but I didn't think they showed much. Here are those anyway:

9bae2d4b5dbb59c1bcd01143b440c9c6.png

e1a8c84befbd1b7502d8ea43dc2142d8.png

Justin

Really hope they polish that up by launch. It's also speculated that the day one patch he got may not be the final day-one patch. Not sure but its working great and if their still improving stuff then that's a great plus

I wouldn't be surprised if they are pushing multiple updates a day up to release.

hipbabboom

Jeez......that OS looks so complicated. I think I'm a casual gamer now.

The cool thing is that you'll be able to jump to anywhere using voice commands and you can switch between apps that are open fairly easily. Still I'd love to see a tree diagram of the navigation levels. I like the fact that they've kept the main screen to only three tabs.

I guess the real benefit is the ability to search by name and get program guides from an alternate (and hopefully more response source) you still can't control advanced features such as DVR using the Xbone. They said they will be adding features as the console evolves.

Really? That kinda stinks. I thought it was a total replacement and id never have to see my cable box UI again.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wow. Impressive blow out of information. Great stuff and a salute to the guy for sacrificing and getting banned to be able to get across all this media.

Top Bottom