• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Drama Clown World 🤡🌎 |HONK| Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Parents in Loudoun County, Virginia, are outraged after discovering that thousands of books were placed in classrooms across the school district this year as part of a new “Diverse Classroom Library Initiative.”
While most of these books focus on introducing kids to different cultures and ethnicities, parents began to discover that an alarming number of the books focused on “sexual diversity,” contain sexually explicit language, including “frequent descriptions of underage drinking, fondling, masturbation, orgasms, oral sex, sexual intercourse, sexual abuse, statutory rape, incest, and rape.”
Even books at the kindergarten level promote LGBT ideology through books such as “My Princess Boy,”
Other titles include, but are certainly not limited to: “Prince and Knight” (second grade), “Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teens Speak Out,” “Some Girls Bind,” “Weird Girl and What’s His Name” (positively featuring statutory rape between a young boy and his boss, and a relationship between a girl and her teacher), and “Being Jazz: My Life as a Transgender Teen.”
Honk.

The content in many of these books is graphic, and the language so obscene that when parents read passages aloud at a recent school board meeting, board member Joy Maloney, who supported the books, protested that the meeting wasn’t an “appropriate setting” to hear such language."
Honk honk.

Instead, large collections of these books were placed by administrators into schools county-wide to supplement teachers’ classroom libraries. Not only do parents have no idea what their children happen to pick up and read during a school day, but kids aren’t even allowed to bring books out of the classroom.
Secret honk.

Two things I never thought I'd ever see in my lifetime:
1] a serious attack on the 1st Amendment
2] this level of unabashed attack on childhood

Last edited:

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
Reactions: hariseldon

Ar¢tos

Oct 24, 2017
Portugal

'Without people fighting that war idiots like this kid wouldn't be free to be who they want!' Viewers blast Instagram influencer, 22, claims learning about WWII would hit millennials' mental health:
Isn't it because IT IS uncomfortable that people should learn everything possible about WW2, to make sure it doesn't happen again?
Here, In the first year of secondary school (15-16yo) , every student of every area (sciences, arts, sports, etc) is (or at least they we're, don't know if they keep doing it) forced to watch Schindler's List at school. It should be mandatory in every school in every country, no matter how uncomfortable it makes students or whatever nightmares they have after, they will eventually overcome it and know better in the future.

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
Isn't it because IT IS uncomfortable that people should learn everything possible about WW2, to make sure it doesn't happen again?
Here, In the first year of secondary school (15-16yo) , every student of every area (sciences, arts, sports, etc) is (or at least they we're, don't know if they keep doing it) forced to watch Schindler's List at school. It should be mandatory in every school in every country, no matter how uncomfortable it makes students or whatever nightmares they have after, they will eventually overcome it and know better in the future.
It's the whole "learn from the mistakes of History so you dont repeat it in the future" side of the argument that wins

Reactions: Ar¢tos
Dec 15, 2011

LOOK EVERYONE. SEE HOW NORMAL THIS IS!?!
WE'RE NOT PLANNING ON MAKING A BIG DEAL OF IT BECAUSE EVERYONE IS SO ACCEPTING AND THIS IS REALITY SO DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL WHICH IS WHY WE DEDICATE 500+ WORDS AND A DEDICATED ARTICLE TO TALKING ABOUT IT.
BUT IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL.
IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL.
NOBODY NEEDS TO MAKE IT A BIG DEAL OK?

• LOL
Reactions: Gashtronomy

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

LOOK EVERYONE. SEE HOW NORMAL THIS IS!?!
WE'RE NOT PLANNING ON MAKING A BIG DEAL OF IT BECAUSE EVERYONE IS SO ACCEPTING AND THIS IS REALITY SO DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL WHICH IS WHY WE DEDICATE 500+ WORDS AND A DEDICATED ARTICLE TO TALKING ABOUT IT.
BUT IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL.
IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL.
NOBODY NEEDS TO MAKE IT A BIG DEAL OK?
It's not that far from a pedo telling the parents "but your child loves me, and the teachers and guidance counsellors affirm they have witnessed Little Timmy showing such fondness and love toward me" and taking the parents to court.

Normally I would pause and say "nah, slippery slope, my pessimistic self" but we've seen how buttered that slope became in the past decade.

Dec 15, 2011
It's not that far from a pedo telling the parents "but your child loves me, and the teachers and guidance counsellors affirm they have witnessed Little Timmy showing such fondness and love toward me" and taking the parents to court.

Normally I would pause and say "nah, slippery slope, my pessimistic self" but we've seen how buttered that slope became in the past decade.
I'm not sure I'd say the two are directly comparable.

Just the hypocrisy of the usual suspects screaming at everyone about how normal this special-but-normal-but-special-but-normal-but-just-fucking-validate-me-and-don't-ask-questions thing is.

If people don't want it to be a big deal, they need to stop actively trying to make it a bigger deal than it is.

Reactions: Gashtronomy

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I'm not sure I'd say the two are directly comparable.

Just the hypocrisy of the usual suspects screaming at everyone about how normal this special-but-normal-but-special-but-normal-but-just-fucking-validate-me-and-don't-ask-questions thing is.

If people don't want it to be a big deal, they need to stop actively trying to make it a bigger deal than it is.
If "the child felt such-and-such way, though..." is used to excuse bad behavior, this is the slippery slope I am referring to. Sexualizing kids and stealing their innocence is wrong. They are trying to say it isn't wrong because the kid felt like it was okay. If the pre-pubescent kid didn't feel sexualized, then how can you say it was sexualized?

You can see how stretchy and wonderfully flexible this logic gets once it starts becoming accepted.

Or as DeepEnigma DeepEnigma would say "That predictive programming"

Last edited:

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
Imagine being so insane as to berate your child for a silly rhyme. Kids love things that are gross and disgusting. They love bogeys and poo and slime. They love Roald Dahl for instance because he has that element of taboo. Talking about people's underwear is right in that space that kids love to occupy. Doesn't mean they're going to go round ripping people's pants off. More to the point, berating a kid when they don't understand what they've done wrong is hugely counter-productive. I remember as a kid it happened a couple of times to me and honestly it just confuses you and makes you hate the adult concerned. Forcing a woke agenda onto kids just doesn't end well.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Imagine being so insane as to berate your child for a silly rhyme. Kids love things that are gross and disgusting. They love bogeys and poo and slime. They love Roald Dahl for instance because he has that element of taboo. Talking about people's underwear is right in that space that kids love to occupy. Doesn't mean they're going to go round ripping people's pants off. More to the point, berating a kid when they don't understand what they've done wrong is hugely counter-productive. I remember as a kid it happened a couple of times to me and honestly it just confuses you and makes you hate the adult concerned. Forcing a woke agenda onto kids just doesn't end well.
Imagine a strict religious family scolding the child for the same thing.

"Nudity is a sin. You need to be modest. I can't believe you would joke about exposing their butt like that. Ooops, forgive me Lord I said butt".

That's how you know this whole movement isn't intellectual, it isn't even (truly) political, it's a religious cult, a secular Evangelical movement. Wonderful. We get to go through this process of extracting the grip of zealots on our government. I say this as a Christian who is more than happy to see the "political Christians" shown for what they are.

Cults -- religious cults, cults of personality, ideological cults -- cannot be allowed to gain political power. This is kind of a no-brainer.

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
Kind of dumb given the Wages in the North are terrible. Those high end shops will close once they leave.

You always have me for the latter! (Quarter Jamaican, but I can play a Steel Pan)
The wages in the North are pretty good tbh. Leeds and the areas have high wages vs cost of living. If you live Wakefield/Castleford way and work in Leeds (30-40 min commute) you can live like royalty. The problem is that the money from the sarrff has come up and is pushing out those who 'can't afford it', or those who don't want to pay for it.

You are the hero we need!

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Re: nursery rhymes

Georgie Porgie pudding and pie
Kissed the girls and made them cry.
When the boys came out to play,
Georgie Porgie ran away.

Georgie Porgie was definitely a male feminist.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Reactions: hariseldon

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
The attacks on America from outside and within are are becoming more and more apparent.
Definitely. That article was not written in defense of the three snowflakes triggered by the Anthem.

That article is simply part of a greater campaign meant to make us associate anything remotely American or patriotic with 'evil' and 'offensive'. A foreign enemy could not hope to run a more disruptive propaganda campaign against a country if they tried. They are actively trying to make it a moral sin to love this country.

Note that when i say 'they', i do not necessarily mean a directed conspiracy. Many individuals working on their own towards similar goals for similar reasons, hiring similar people and paying for similar articles achieves the same thing with no need for 'conspiracy'.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
Hating on the National Anthem? WTF is this shit? Since when did patriotism become a dirty word?

FYI, I'm one of those people who gets embarrassed at times at some of the overt nationalistic tendencies of my countrymen. We jokingly refer to such antics as 'Pinoy-Pride'. But Jesus Christ, I'd never suggest we scrap our national anthem just to appease the easily offended. That is part of our heritage and central to our identity as a nation.

Reactions: dopey

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Wow, women really are under attack from those transtrender bullshitters, on all fronts. Literally stealing femininity and everything associated with it.

Put on sombrero: cultural appropriation, you fascist
Put on hijab: you slay, girl!
Put on blackface: become Prime Minister
Dress up as stereotypical woman: you slay, girl!
Teach son to work: you are the patriachy, fascist
Teach son to twerk: you slay, girl!