• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Drama Clown World 🤡🌎 |HONK| Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Dec 25, 2018
Manchester, England
The wages in the North are pretty good tbh. Leeds and the areas have high wages vs cost of living. If you live Wakefield/Castleford way and work in Leeds (30-40 min commute) you can live like royalty. The problem is that the money from the sarrff has come up and is pushing out those who 'can't afford it', or those who don't want to pay for it.

You are the hero we need!
Damn, that's pretty terrible for those who can't get better skilled jobs.

I am trying to improve my own skills to get a better job as I fear where I live the Cost of Living is rising, because we're close to Manchester and they want to appeal to some of the more upper class from the main City. :(

Thanks. :messenger_heart:

Reactions: Gashtronomy
Dec 15, 2011
Reactions: Xenon and Breakage

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Last edited:

Tenaciousmo

May 10, 2018
Montreal, Canada
  • LOL
Reactions: Breakage

KorbinDallas

Oct 8, 2019
Kazza Kazza It's crap like that which makes me not visit this thread anymore. The stupid, banal actions of peeps I come to expect due to modern acceptance of brain damage. However, the destruction of the intellect is what goads me.

I'm at work atm so don't really want to find it, but there was a uni on the west coast which explicitly stated normative speech of the English language was divisive. We much accept a broader, less stringent way of speech.

There's something so bloody sinister about this. Purposeful liquidation.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

Mass fucking hysteria. Intersectionalism has literally eaten holes in peoples' brains. Like seriously, i think they've shorted out.
It reminds me of bitcoin mining.

At first the process was lucrative and it was easy to get a load of intersectional points, especially if you ranked higher up on the oppression totem pole.

Howver, over the years this ideology has become so ridiculous and so many of the same arguments have been overused and dismissed, now adherents are forced to "mine" increasingly pedantic and meaningless "offenses" for smaller and smaller payoffs.

Reactions: autoduelist

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018

Celebs eh? What a bunch of clowns.
It's one of those situations where you are really better off just saying nothing.

She's single. Big deal. Just like millions of other people.

"I'm self-partnered". Ah, OK. Now that's just a bit sad.

It kind of like people who don't have kids but always bang on about it.
That's fine that you don't want to have kids but I don't get why you have to try SO VERY HARD to rationalize it or explain it.

"Self-partnered". Jesus fuck.
So yer single then? Just own it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
It reminds me of bitcoin mining.

At first the process was lucrative and it was easy to get a load of intersectional points, especially if you ranked higher up on the oppression totem pole.

Howver, over the years this ideology has become so ridiculous and so many of the same arguments have been overused and dismissed, now adherents are forced to "mine" increasingly pedantic and meaningless "offenses" for smaller and smaller payoffs.
Didn't you hear? Bitcoin is now up to $9999.99.

So who is buying them from you at that price?

Well, uh, no-one.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
I don't understand why it's framed as "worship" of the written word.

I would have thought that reading a writing would be fundamental aspects of a persons growth, especially in the modern world?

You might as well argue that we "worship" breathing, drinking, eating because, at a certain point, education is going to mean the difference between living an awfully difficult life and living somewhat comfortably.

I feel like any student who buys into your "written word is white supremacy" approach is not going to be served well by the education you are giving them.

It feels like an effort to get as close as possible to being like an anti-vaxxer without being so obviously dangerous and still remaining woke.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Didn't you hear? Bitcoin is not up to $9999.99.

So who is buying them from you at that price?

Well, uh, no-one.

Lol for the record I believe crypto to have more legitimacy than the ideology in question, but we are already at the very end of the "diminishing returns" phase of a mass-movement. This is where the true believers get crazier and crazier until either it all implodes or a leader steps up and calcifies the progress made thus far.

In either case, it has run its course.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Lol for the record I believe crypto to have more legitimacy than the ideology in question, but we are already at the very end of the "diminishing returns" phase of a mass-movement. This is where the true believers get crazier and crazier until either it all implodes or a leader steps up and calcifies the progress made thus far.

In either case, it has run its course.
Always invest in precious metals if you want a fool proof currency.

Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Property investment is more my bag , especially since I can leverage my labor and know-how to make money off the land.
How you doing in this market? Property is way too hot near me to consider buying up anything. I was looking around in my town the other day and realized I could probably sell my house for 2X the price we bought for 5 years ago. Crazy shit.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
How you doing in this market? Property is way too hot near me to consider buying up anything. I was looking around in my town the other day and realized I could probably sell my house for 2X the price we bought for 5 years ago. Crazy shit.
My house value has also gone up quite a lot. I am considering a refinance to leverage some of that equity to pay off the few debts I still have, plus maybe a down payment on an additional tract of land. The major life-changing milestone would be if I could grab enough land to start running more livestock and making it my career. I can already do small-scale chickens on the land I have but that isn't a breadwinner. Sheep first (milk + meat) and then cattle (meat), hopefully.