• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Drama Clown World 🤡🌎 |HONK| Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Dec 15, 2011
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50315019

Aside from the ongoing media onslaught of celebrating women for simply existing, this seems like especially dumb engineering practice.

Furthermore, you can't 'smash stereotypes' about engineers (hard hats, males) by doubling down on other stereotypes ( high-heels, females).

But, you know, no critical thinking allowed because GENDER.

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50315019

Aside from the ongoing media onslaught of celebrating women for simply existing, this seems like especially dumb engineering practice.

But, you know, no critical thinking allowed because GENDER.
"If you google 'engineer' you only see these hard hats, but personally if I was asked how many times I wear a hard hat, it's probably two weeks per year," says Ms Akritas.
1. The first, third and so forth google image results for engineer have Women in hard hats.

2. They are getty image type bullshit not real images.

My dad's an engineer. He doesn't wear a hard hat.

The academy is now working with lots of big brands in the media, in advertising and recruitment to encourage "more representative" images of engineers.
Is their definition for more representative broken? If 12% of engineers are women and you push so that half of engineers shown in marketing materials are women, that's the literal opposite of representative.

Last edited:
Reactions: hariseldon
Dec 15, 2011
1. The first, third and so forth google image results for engineer have Women in hard hats.

Is their definition for more representative broken? If 12% of engineers are women and you push so that half of engineers shown in marketing materials are women, that's the literal opposite of representative.
Indeed the narrative isn't factual or honest - but the media and activists insist on ramming it down everyone's throats.

Misrepresentation is required so that the 'resist' narrative seems stunning and brave.

But don't argue because GENDER.

Dec 15, 2011
Tangentally related to my earlier post, I saw this in the once-good-but-now-slipping-into-ideologically-driven-waters GamesIndustry.biz:

Brendan is frustrated that he can't discriminate based on gender when seeking new employees:
"It's really hard," he told the crowd at View last month. "We cannot tell a recruiter that we want a particular type of person. We will give them a job description, and we will tell them 'this is the kind of team we're building', but we can't tell them we want a diverse selection of people."
Brendan likes the word 'diversity' it sounds nicer than 'discrimination' and 'prejudice'.

"They will just give us stuff. And as a result I have one woman on my team, and I hate that. [My team has] people from all over the world, from Ukraine, Russia, America, Canada. It's an international crew, but all male."
Congratulations Brendan, your team is diverse - for all that 'diversity' as a thing itself offers.

Oh. Not that diversity? That doesn't count?
I see. You're only interested in diversity of genitals. Got it.

Someone needs to present to me a study, based on empirical evidence, explaining methods, that should how 'diversity' on its own and with absolutely no other contributing factors provides any tangible, measurable value or benefit. This measurable value or benefit must then be measured against ceaseless "diversity is good" mantras so that we can accurately assess, through evidence and logic, the merit of this claim.

My position currently is that 'diversity' is utterly worthless on its own. I am perfectly happy to reassess when a credible, scientific study, such as the one outlined above is provided to me. This is the only method that I value, so repetition of mantra, accusations and other antics would be a waste of anyone's time.

Ar¢tos

Oct 24, 2017
Portugal
Should we ditch the constitution and the bill of rights? They were written by evil white men in colonisers language!
We should also ditch all contributions to science made by white men! Screw Einstein and Stephen Hawking!

Dec 15, 2011
Should we ditch the constitution and the bill of rights? They were written by evil white men in colonisers language!
We should also ditch all contributions to science made by white men! Screw Einstein and Stephen Hawking!
If someone with a big following tweeted these words, I have no doubt there'd be a considerable number of people expressing support for them.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Anyone who writes that is an enemy of the state and the American people. You can have your mental diarrhea dribble out your face hole, but I will call you out on your shit.

Ar¢tos

Oct 24, 2017
Portugal
Anyone who writes that is an enemy of the state and the American people. You can have your mental diarrhea dribble out your face hole, but I will call you out on your shit.
So from now on, all legislation will be uploaded to YouTube, being spoken by a non-white non-straight person in, maybe, Esperanto (because it is a gender neutral language without a country associated).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
So from now on, all legislation will be uploaded to YouTube, being spoken by a non-white non-straight person in, maybe, Esperanto (because it is a gender neutral language without a country associated).
But the word ends with an 'o', that is pretty masculine based on latin translation.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
So this is where the DNC thread was moved to.

I mean Clown World thread. I get those mixed up sometimes.

Sycomunkee

Jan 21, 2019
Diversity = tax breaks. Let's all just remember that. A customer of mine requires us to have a minority businesses help us on larger projects so it helps their minority tax dollars get saved. It has about as much to do with diversity as needing razor blades in candy.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Was watching the evening news last night and they were showing an interview with two current Australian female tennis players Ashley Barty and Samantha Stosur.

Ashley Barty is the toast of the town at the moment (and deservedly so) because she is winning big tournaments and currently the World number one.

Anyway, as they crossed back to the news room, the female news anchor exclaims a random “Go WOMEN!” before she starts reading the next news story. It was just so weird and Clown World to me.

Imagine if a bloke news anchor yelled out “Go MEN!” after a story about Roger Federer.

Dec 15, 2011
Are explicit calls to violence bad?
Gee, I guess it depends where you are on the intersectionality score-chart:

Daily Mail is as biased a news source as The Guardian:

however the story is covered on The Australian but sat behind a paywall.

Here's a Google search for "ABC investigate call to violence' so you can determine if calls to violence are ok depending on your gender and race:

Or we can just keep saying how "we must stop this violent rhetoric" and keep playing the "it's ok when we do it" mob:

Last edited:

Kazza

Gold Member
Oct 6, 2018
Kazza Kazza It's crap like that which makes me not visit this thread anymore. The stupid, banal actions of peeps I come to expect due to modern acceptance of brain damage. However, the destruction of the intellect is what goads me.

I'm at work atm so don't really want to find it, but there was a uni on the west coast which explicitly stated normative speech of the English language was divisive. We much accept a broader, less stringent way of speech.

There's something so bloody sinister about this. Purposeful liquidation.
I feel a little bad now. I'm living in Asia at the moment, so all this stuff seems really distant to me. I can just have a laugh about it all as it doesn't affect my day to day life. None of these crazy ideas exist in the local or national culture of where I'm living. I tried to explain some of it last week to a friend of mine, and she looked at me as if I had gone crazy. Seriously, try to explain all this clown-world shit to someone who has been blissfully ignorant of its existence and see how difficult it is to make them understand what the fuck is going on.

Maybe take a break from the Clown World thread, or maybe just pay a quick visit once a week or so. That thread sub-heading of it "adversely affecting your faith in humanity" may be meant as a joke, but there is a grain of truth to it too. Also, remember that this thread is a summary of the craziest of the craziest from around the world (or more accurately, from certain Western countries), so don't confuse it with real life. Unless you're attending some super-woke university, then it's unlikely that you will actually meet many people like this. Most of the people around you are probably well-adjusted, normal people just getting on with their lives. That said, I don't want to sound too complacent, and realise that this stuff has, in the space of a few short years, already moved from the wokest parts of social science into the more hard science departments, and now into wider society too. Maybe I won't find the Clown Thread funny either a few years from now.

Mihos

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
steamcommunity.com

I have been an engineer for 27 years. I haven't put a hard hat on in over 28.

My dad was an engineer also, he drove a train.

Your not wearing high heels in either one of our jobs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trojita

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013

*sigh* Coming after the blind for having a seeing-eye dog is peak clown world. These people are cancer. What's next, taking wheelchairs away from paraplegics?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004

The 17-year-old cousin of a former Conservative MP hopeful in the 2019 federal election and her friend have apparently been suspended from Stonewall Collegiate for refusing to wear a rainbow poppy.

Cyara Bird of the Little Black River First Nation, who was on the ballot for the Churchill-Keewatinook Aski riding of northern Manitoba this past election, took to Twitter tonight to express her anger after learning her cousin and another student had both been suspended for “hate speech” after rejecting the idea that rainbow poppies should replace the traditional red-and-black ones worn during their school’s Remembrance Day performance.
The young woman, who is half African-Canadian, asked instead to wear the red-and-black poppy traditional to the festivities, finding the rainbow poppy “disrespectful” to the World War 2 veterans in her family. Upon expressing her opinion, she and another student who shared her sentiment were sent to the principal’s office. According to Bird, the girl’s parents were not notified until after the suspension was applied.

Bird also posted a message from her cousin’s father which read that the young woman had attempted to record the school administrators admonishing her using her cellphone, but that they noticed and confiscated her phone in response.
Speaking to The Post Millennial, Bird said her cousin, Nathalie, had attempted to record the suspension orders in her voice memos application, wanting to show her parents what was happening. When the principal saw, her cellphone was “snatched away” and she was told there would be “consequences” if she posted about the suspension on social media or went to the press.
"Hate speech."

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
"Hate speech."
Yet another example of hate speech laws being used to force conformity.

Gee, I wonder if a softly-voiced psychology professor mentioned this years ago and was screamed at for suggesting such a thing.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009

"Hate speech."
They are pushing this on Remembrance Day of all things. Those poppies are supposed to represent all WW1 vets, irregardless of their status, rank, or sexuality.

Also the rainbow poppy just looks hideous.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
"Hate speech."
That's disgusting. Removing personal choice and the student had a very reasonable position. The school's behaviour and efforts to silence her from talking about their conduct is astonishing.

Imagine co-opting the lives of dead soldiers so you can push your intolerant activism onto others. Seems like the school doesn't appreciate what Remembrance Day is about. At all.

Greedings

May 23, 2016
Hate speech is now choosing not to speak.

Honouring veterans and casualties of WWI and all wars is now about homosexuality.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Tesseract

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
They are pushing this on Remembrance Day of all things. Those poppies are supposed to represent all WW1 vets, irregardless of their status, rank, or sexuality.

Whether you do reach around's or tribbing, that shit has nothing to do with WW1.

Ideologies spreading like a virus trying to take over every other cause or observance. When equality is achieved, the target then shifts to more than equal.

tkscz

Oct 17, 2011

Everyday we grow closer to 1984.

Dec 15, 2011
Becky may be pulling your plonker:

As for the source material, the lack of verification and swift array of excuses from some news source called and their insistence that you don't take stuff at face value and look to verify sources... ....yeah. Funny how they can't practice what they preach, or back up anything they've claimed. The abandoned 'covering the story' 3 hours after that tweet. How's that for integrity.

Gotta protect the narrative, lay blame and shut down questions.

That's not what soldiers fought and died for, you wretched, privileged, dishonest cretins.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Antifa attacks on some construction projects in Germany. At first they were just destroying property, but it sounds like they moved up to home invasion and assault against women working on the project.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
It's time to say enough. Seriously. This mind virus is spreading to the point remembrance poppies need to be rainbow colors.

This will continue to infect everything until enough people stand up and say 'enough'. Do not underestimate it. These cases sound so silly when taken one by one, but we're watching a cult take power. If you oppose it, you're already a wrongthinker to them... a bigot, a phobe, a fascist, a deplorable.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

"Authorities Horrified At Woman Who Killed Baby With Meth Instead Of Traditional Brain-Sucking Device"

Last edited: