• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

clown world contender: Ikea forced to apologize for jerk chicken and peas

triplestation

Dec 23, 2008
NYC
that ikea chicken and rice looks plenty good enough to eat

don't go wasting all that protein

the ceramic plate is unnecessary just serve it in a styrofoam box with another side dish or two and a plastic fork and napkins and throw in some extra jerk sauce (lol) in a 2 oz container

Last edited:
Reactions: Tesseract

OptimusApex

Formerly 'AfricanKing' ... purposely obtuse
Jul 16, 2017
OptimusApex isn't even from the Caribbean so there's no difference between him getting offended on your behalf and a white ally getting offended on a Nigerian's behalf.
Wiki

Rice and peas
or peas and rice is a traditional food in the African continent. It is a traditional dish from Ghana and it is known as Moros de guandules con coco (Moorish pigeon peas with coconut). The 'peas' are not garden peas, but beans, as beans are referred to as 'peas' in the Caribbean.
Why hello Mr.Troll

Last edited:
  • Fire

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Go fuck yourselves you white upper class ,barren, white women.

As an ex-scandinavian I even eat CORN KERNELS with the taco's I make at home.
It is an outrage. I am a monster that has to be stopped.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
i now almost wanna change my username to 'white upper class barren white woman'
So you are not even outraged that we eat CORN KERNELS with our tacos?
You have never eaten real tacos? You don't reaize how this is both appropriating the dish as well as perverting it?
I have no shame. I will do it again.

On your question, I would also want that at my tag.
You and me both. How can we get the mods to change our tags to this?
(maybe add : "always angry" to the front of the phrase would even make it better.)
((always angry white upper class barren white woman))
MODS: Use #1 or #2 to separate my friend here from me.

triplestation

Dec 23, 2008
NYC
So you are not even outraged that we eat CORN KERNELS with our tacos?
You have never eaten real tacos? You don't reaize how this is both appropriating the dish as well as perverting it?
I have no shame. I will do it again.

On your question, I would also want that at my tag.
You and me both. How can we get the mods to change our tags to this?
(maybe add : "always angry" to the front of the phrase would even make it better.)
((always angry white upper class barren white woman))
MODS: Use #1 or #2 to separate my friend here from me.

A Regular Guy

Feb 23, 2018
If they're gonna appropriate jerk chicken and rice and peas at least do it right.

Rice is all wrong and they used fucking green peas.

And I guarantee that's just bbq jerk sauce on the chicken cooked in an oven.
Should I get mad at how people make Mexican taco's with flour or hard shells? As a Mexican, I don't give a fuq at all! People should be able to create foods in their take and sell it!

brap

Jan 9, 2018
if chris benoit were alive today and with us on the forums, that would be his username, god rest his soul

seriously we need a crying emoji

i gave you an LOL because it's the closest thing with tears
chris benoit was innocent brother. we need him in the hall of fame.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
More finger wagging from the finger wagging crowd. The sad thing is that IKEA didn’t tell them to go fuck themselves.

May 22, 2019
Honest with you, as a puertorrican born of dominican parents, who has grown 37 years eating many amounts of combinations of rice with red, pink, green, black, white and chick peas /beans.... i don’t give a fuck, because rice with green beans is just as good in company of a good chicken or meat.

I am daring to think no caribbean cares about this shit. If any does...they have bigger problems.

Let me edit for the idiots: i don’t fucking care cause this comes from a FUCKING IKEA!
Yeah it's just ignorant white people doing ignorant white people things while other ignorant white people get upset. It's no big deal, it's actually really funny.

Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
And real Chinese isn't take out fried rice, chicken balls, and chop suey with a fortune cookie at the end. Indian restaurant's serving chicken tikka masala isn't real Indian food either. And I've never seen one Asian person complain in Toronto.

You know how it goes with minorities. Asians don't complain about stupid shit and focus on education and business.

Some other minorities.................. well..........

And you wonder why some non-whities do better than others.
Asians and Jews aren't real minorities tho. You can't be a minority of you're doing too well.

Oct 26, 2018
Just made some jerky chicken for lunch. But no rice. Roasted some pepper and broccoli instead.

I guess I'm racist.

Pretty sure the jerk sauce I bought from the store isn't authentic either, since it came from a bottle that probably cost me $3. So they are racist too.

Ok, Jamaicans. Even though jerk cooking originated in Latin America, I concede. While I munch down on this for lunch, you can claim the jerk cooking crown if it makes you feel better in life.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Jerk chicken with Rice and Peas is a far superior dish than meatballs .. it's on a whole new level of special.

That's why everyone tries to make their own version and fails.
Jerk chicken is kind of meh. In the realm of great chicken dishes, it would fall below Chick-fil-a even. Its fucking grilled chicken with spices on it. Like that is some sort of unique thing you can appropriate.