• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clown World Thread | 🤡🌎 | pɐǝɹɥ⊥ pןɹoM uʍoןϽ

DocONally

Oct 21, 2014
Not totally belonging to Clown World but makes you wonder none the less. It really boggles my mind, of all the things an individual could achieve with their life, collecting a replica set of M&S foodstuffs is it. Makes me sad. It's such shit that M&S even have a collection point to bring them back in and dump them. And a club where people can trade. This all makes stamp collecting or train spotting look like high art. Do better humanity.

Edit: oh yeah, there's even a YouTube video as a social media disclaimer proclaiming the divinity of these toys. Modern social media attacks so vehemently that companies now produce YouTube videos in advance to curb media backlash. I feel like the world, Clown World I guess, is becoming more and more anxious with every click and publication and supporting this way of life will lead nowhere. It's fucking samsara. Clown World Samsara.

Comments:

"The retailer is also running swap events where people can exchange duplicates and obtain the toys they have missed."

"but there were collection boxes in every store for those who wanted to return them for recycling."

"The store chain's head of sustainability, Carmel McQuaid, has appeared in a YouTube video in an effort to reassure customers that the promotion will not harm the environment."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Not totally belonging to Clown World but makes you wonder none the less. It really boggles my mind, of all the things an individual could achieve with their life, collecting a replica set of M&S foodstuffs is it. Makes me sad. It's such shit that M&S even have a collection point to bring them back in and dump them. And a club where people can trade. This all makes stamp collecting or train spotting look like high art. Do better humanity.

Edit: oh yeah, there's even a YouTube video as a social media disclaimer proclaiming the divinity of these toys. Modern social media attacks so vehemently that companies now produce YouTube videos in advance to curb media backlash.

It makes me sad cuz it is Clown World, Samsara Clown World.

Comments:

"The retailer is also running swap events where people can exchange duplicates and obtain the toys they have missed."

"but there were collection boxes in every store for those who wanted to return them for recycling."

"The store chain's head of sustainability, Carmel McQuaid, has appeared in a YouTube video in an effort to reassure customers that the promotion will not harm the environment."
AYYYY LMAO HEY YOUTUBERS TODAY I'M GOING TO UNBOX THE ENTIRE LINE OF RICK AND MORTY POP VINYLS. DON'T FORGET TO SLAP THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON AND THE LITTLE BELL.

(yes, the idolization of disposable trash has gotten completely out of hand)

Can't decide

Sep 11, 2018
Reactions: dolabla

Mohonky

Jan 19, 2007
Female student designs chair that prevents men from “manspreading”:

Left: the designer Right: male feminist ally using anti-manspreading chair

"He added: 'Over the past month our students and staff have come together to work tirelessly on its design."

It took them months to come up with?

Is this a fucking parody? So she made a chair that forces men to sit with their legs shut, but another that forces women to 'manspread' also? While both chairs take up more area than a single chair with some one 'manspreading'. And it took a month? And she got an award? This isn't clownworld, this is infuriating, if I was in that class and she won over something I designed with that 9th grade woodshop looking pos I'd walk up and punch the lecturer.

Last edited:

Zefah

Jan 7, 2007
If you showed me that even a year ago I would have called it sensationalist nonsense, but I feel like there is some truth to it and that line is gradually moving farther to the left. I've always considered myself progressive and liberal (as in, someone for progress and for liberty), but on a lot of topics, on the greater Internet and Twittersphere at least, the criteria to be included in that group seems to be growing increasingly extreme.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
If you showed me that even a year ago I would have called it sensationalist nonsense, but I feel like there is some truth to it and that line is gradually moving farther to the left. I've always considered myself progressive and liberal (as in, someone for progress and for liberty), but on a lot of topics, on the greater Internet and Twittersphere at least, the criteria to be included in that group seems to be growing increasingly extreme.
This isn't the first time social progress was coopted by this ideology in the USA. Surely I'm not the only one who read Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison? He was a staunch communist for many years and saw what the ideology did to the black community firsthand.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Rock And Roll

Sleepydays

Sep 12, 2017
They never were anti-racists. They are just anti-white in order to appear virtuous. It was never about caring for other people and minorities. It was always about themselves.
I've been thinking about that more and more.

This entire movement is about the pathological self-loathing of upper-middle-class white liberals. It ceased to be rooted in any critical thinking long, long ago, and is really just a faith-based system. Whites are responsible for every evil on earth, and non-whites are infinitely more virtuous purely for their lack of white skin. Their charmed, privileged (in the true sense of the word) but ultimately hollow existences give them the time and inclination to bleat about the evils of whiteness on social media, allowing them to bask in the approval of similarly afflicted people.

Minorities and their realities are absolutely immaterial in all of this. Something like African American employment doing better under Trump is an inconvenient truth, hand-waved away without a second thought.

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
We should send all SJW's to the moon without astronaut suits. It would be fun to watch.
Ironic thing is that literal ex Nazis built the US space industry. The guy who experimented on Jewish prisoners with pressure chambers went on to have a glorious career at NASA making JFK’s dreams come true

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
@autoduelist are you just reposting things you find on The_Donald? I could swear I saw all these things there today :D
No diss, bro, just asking :)
I have like 5 sources, but yes, some come from there. It's quarantined to keep all of you safe from the savages, but i don't mind getting corrupted by wrongthinkers in my quest for life, liberty, and the pursuit of clownworld.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Man, this anti-flag thing is the best thing ever for Trump. It's almost hard to believe it isn't a counter-op, like someone whispered into Kaepernik's ear every night til one day he woke up and thought starting this was a good idea.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Would you agree that liberty is found when the two opposing sides balance each other and that going too far in either direction results in tyranny? If yes, does that change your definition of progress?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: hariseldon