• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clown World Thread | 🤡🌎 | pɐǝɹɥ⊥ pןɹoM uʍoןϽ

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

i love tom macdonald. It's okay to have opinions. It's okay to tell people your opinions. Posting this to clownworld just to remind people it's always good to take a deep breath, laugh at ourselves, and this crazy world we live in. Anger and hate go hand in hand, and neither take us anywhere good, regardless of whether you think you're on the right side of history or not.

mcz117chief

Sep 29, 2013
Bohemia
@autoduelist You know, I really like your attitude and your insightful commentary here on the site, not just this thread. I keep wondering what kind of person you are, what job you do, what interests you. You sound like a really smart, educated and sophisticated person. Do you mind me asking you these questions?

edit: maybe I should have asked this via pm? I'll delete this if you want.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Someone I know lost their job as a writer because he was a conservative.

I’m going to refrain from any names or anything like that to protect his privacy, but I wanted to bring this up because this is the first time the new outrage culture has affected someone I know. Usually it’s just something you read about happening to others. But he was a writer and columnist who wrote sports columns and he was let go from his job for “offensive and hateful content” that he posted on his own personal website. So I went to his website and didn’t see anything hateful. I thought I was going to see some drunken post where he went on a rant against a certain demographic of people.

But, no. He made an analytical post on his site discussing what he thought Donald Trump was doing well as president. And then he had another post, analytical in nature, not some angry rant, on his website defending the 2nd amendment and the NRA. These posts were from a year ago too. He also made some posts on social media saying he doesn’t support Colin Kaepernick and doesn’t like him. And I can’t blame him because he was in law enforcement and Kaepernick wore socks with pigs on them mocking officers.

And because of those 3 things people complained and the place he wrote columns for let him go.

And I’m not a conservative nor am I a Trump or NRA supporter. But he has a right to feel the way he does. Pretty crazy but I’m sure this shocks none of you.

Was gonna start a thread about it, but decided posting it here was enough.

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
Someone I know lost their job as a writer because he was a conservative.

I’m going to refrain from any names or anything like that to protect his privacy, but I wanted to bring this up because this is the first time the new outrage culture has affected someone I know. Usually it’s just something you read about happening to others. But he was a writer and columnist who wrote sports columns and he was let go from his job for “offensive and hateful content” that he posted on his own personal website. So I went to his website and didn’t see anything hateful. I thought I was going to see some drunken post where he went on a rant against a certain demographic of people.

But, no. He made an analytical post on his site discussing what he thought Donald Trump was doing well as president. And then he had another post, analytical in nature, not some angry rant, on his website defending the 2nd amendment and the NRA. These posts were from a year ago too. He also made some posts on social media saying he doesn’t support Colin Kaepernick and doesn’t like him. And I can’t blame him because he was in law enforcement and Kaepernick wore socks with pigs on them mocking officers.

And because of those 3 things people complained and the place he wrote columns for let him go.

And I’m not a conservative nor am I a Trump or NRA supporter. But he has a right to feel the way he does. Pretty crazy but I’m sure this shocks none of you.

Was gonna start a thread about it, but decided posting it here was enough.
Isn't there protections to workers in the US for this kind of thing? As you describe it, that's pretty much discrimination based on political leanings which should be unacceptable in any democratic society.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Isn't there protections to workers in the US for this kind of thing? As you describe it, that's pretty much discrimination based on political leanings which should be unacceptable in any democratic society.
Not sure what the stipulations were he didn’t write for a major publication just some independent sports website as a side gig. So I doubt it. But still he lost the gig over it because basically “if you like orange man you’re RACISSSTTTT!!11!!”

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
What do you feel when you see these photos of suffering children and realize your votes caused this agony? Do you feel anything?
i feel zero responsibility because i knew no matter who i voted for, Republican or Democrat, there would still be illegal people locked up. me pulling a lever once every 4 years has jack shit impact on that.

how does it feel working for a company that effectively was PR for the child camp installation administration? would that make you an intern for Goebbels or something?

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind

Remember in Auschwitz when the jews kept all of their belongings and got fed soda, pizza, and cornchips?

Remember when the jews voluntarily and knowingly entered a temporary holding area because they very much wanted to enter the camps?
Someone on Twitter should post one of the many horrific pictures of actual Holocaust prisoners next to the picture of these overfed children. Of course, they will probably be banned on Twitter for “hate speech” AKA “reality”.

In Australia you could definitely take that employer to the Fair Work Commission and they would have the book thrown at them. Workers are heavily protected here.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
those kids look like they need to go outside and play soccer or something, goddamn fatties

(honestly tho i'm not gonna get mad when i see overstuffed kids eating pizza and drinking soda, it beats many alternatives such as i dunno being trafficked in a thriving trillion dollar / year business of heinous shit we shouldn't ever have to know about)

Last edited:

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
All of those kids are overweight. Whatever that Everlast equipment is they sure as hell aren't using it. The two in the back are under no distress. I don't even get a bag of chips with a slice and drink as I find that extravagant. That photo is a complete failure.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
All of those kids are overweight. Whatever that Everlast equipment is they sure as hell aren't using it. The two in the back are under no distress. I don't even get a bag of chips with a slice and drink as I find that extravagant. That photo is a complete failure.
kid on the far right with the orange drink is pretty jacked, he'd be shredded out of his mind and crushing pussy left and right if he did some cardio

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
and then papa john showed up at our concentration camp with pizzas, and nintendo dropped off a bunch of games, and then we were foisted into our cages and made to drink mountain dew while marvel movies played on loop in the background

i write to you uncle to tell you the tales of this camp, that i might never conquer dark souls if someone keeps deleting my save

Last edited:

hariseldon

Aug 22, 2018
@autoduelist You know, I really like your attitude and your insightful commentary here on the site, not just this thread. I keep wondering what kind of person you are, what job you do, what interests you. You sound like a really smart, educated and sophisticated person. Do you mind me asking you these questions?

edit: maybe I should have asked this via pm? I'll delete this if you want.
Agree - dude posts pure fire. Eloquent, thoughtful and just generally a good read.

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
Jesus, these people are such gigantic pussies.

California State University in San Bernardino issued an apology and offered free counseling services this week after its career center sent an email notifying students of employment opportunities available at U.S. Customs and Border Patrol.

According to documents provided to TheBlaze by Turning Point USA, CSUSB's career center sent out a flyer from USCBP to students announcing that "U.S. Border Patrol is Now Hiring!" The email advertised two veteran and military recruitment webinars conducted earlier this week.

Evidently, CSUSB received complaints that the Border Patrol email was "triggering" to some students. Turning Point USA founder and president Charlie Kirk published the school's subsequent apology email on Twitter, which read:

The Career Center sincerely apologizes for the email sent to students on Monday, August 5, 2019, regarding the employment webinars offered by the U.S. Border Patrol. We recognize that some recipients experienced distress due to the contents of the message, and we acknowledge the validity of your concerns. Please know that the Career Center is committed to informing students about employment opportunities while also considering the safety and well-being of all members of the campus community.

If you wish to address this in person, you are welcome to visit the Career Center to speak with our Interim Director. To schedule, please call [redacted]. You may also contact Counseling and Psychological Services if you would like to speak with a professional counselor [redacted] or visit our Undocumented Student Success Center in SU-102B for additional resources or support.
The apology email did not detail what was deemed offensive about the Border Patrol recruitment email, and CSUSB did not respond to an inquiry from TheBlaze requesting comment.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
probably posted already but...
“It’s their right as queer spawn. And as a parent, I might want to take my kids to Pride, because they might be lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer or two-spirit.”
Oh shit Seth McFarlen finally did it, rebooting the Spawn movie but making him gay!

Seriously who refers to children as "queer spawn" LOL.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
“First of all, nobody likes nakedness more than children,” Bergman said.

“On the list of things that I don’t want my children ever to be exposed to are: Compulsory heterosexuality, demonstrations of sexism, demonstrations of racism, demonstrations of ablism, violence. These are all way higher on the list than some homosexual’s tuchus.”

Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
It all seemed so simple when I was in college. Of course nobody is trying to normalize paedophilia, it's just Rick Santorum spouting off with his bullshit again. How the hell would a gay couple be able to force religious institutions to accomodate them against their will, is it not spelled out in the 1st Amendment? While drag shows can be family-friendly in the sense of modern American burlesque, obviously nobody in their right mind would allow children to do drag strip-shows for adult men to toss stripper singles.

You cannot imagine the rage I feel for the community I was once a part of for making me a liar, nor the regret I feel for spouting their lies. I will always be a homosexual, but these 'people' are not mine.

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005
It all seemed so simple when I was in college. Of course nobody is trying to normalize paedophilia, it's just Rick Santorum spouting off with his bullshit again. How the hell would a gay couple be able to force religious institutions to accomodate them against their will, is it not spelled out in the 1st Amendment? While drag shows can be family-friendly in the sense of modern American burlesque, obviously nobody in their right mind would allow children to do drag strip-shows for adult men to toss stripper singles.

You cannot imagine the rage I feel for the community I was once a part of for making me a liar, nor the regret I feel for spouting their lies. I will always be a homosexual, but these 'people' are not mine.
I feel for you.. it's going to be a rough road in the next few years until ... I dunno aliens or meteors restore order... but they are trying to normalize anything and everything except being straight and white. It will appear on an official banner before this is over. Some celebrity will them call someone a monster for not supporting it. Probably Alyssa Milano.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Jun 2, 2013
Austria
About your statement:

"what is understood need not be discussed" - Loren Adams
Yet opinions, especially those based on heavily polarised information, are nothing more than opinions.

“On the list of things that I don’t want my children ever to be exposed to are: Compulsory heterosexuality, demonstrations of sexism, demonstrations of racism, demonstrations of ablism, violence. These are all way higher on the list than some homosexual’s tuchus.”
This one really gets my blood boiling.
So its okay for them if some homosexuals are openly sexual in front of the children, literally trivializing it, but heterosexual affection would be even worse in that regard?
God forbid a kid seeing a man and a woman together, but all these half naked gays with stuff like dildos on costumes are just fine.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
probably posted already but...
LOL so fucking tragic. I mean, just the title alone, "Kids can handle the kink" should make someone be forced to go to a psychological evaluation. Kids. Can. Handle. The. Kink. Hmmmmmmm. I bet that's what every pedophile ever said to themselves too.

EDIT: and for the record, this isn't a gay issue. It's a fucking lunatic liberal issue for wanting to expose kids to shit they have no business being exposed to. I wouldn't want my kids exposed to straight kink either if I had any. I mean, let the fucking kids be kids for a while. Let them be innocent and play and not get involved in all this adult business.

Last edited: