• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clown World Thread | 🤡🌎 | pɐǝɹɥ⊥ pןɹoM uʍoןϽ

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
Reactions: llien and crowbrow

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
While I feel the school handled this the wrong way...I feel sorry for the trans eleven year old here. The behavior of the other kids is exactly why I tried so hard to hide who I was at that age.
It's not clear from that article how they treated the kid. In fact, it's stated he was a friend:

In a redacted letter to the school district, Liberty Counsel said Boy A had started publicly identifying as a female this spring. It became “heavily discussed at the school, particularly by a group of girls” in John’s classes who quickly started treating Boy A as a girl and frequently discussing his “transition” with him in art class.

John is also in that class, and considers Boy A a friend. He was “subjected to conversations about these issues constantly, on at least a weekly or semi-weekly basis,” because the girls and Boy A sat directly behind him.

On May 13 the girls claimed that “taking girl hormones” and eventually getting his “male private parts removed” would turn Boy A into a girl. John “disagreed as a factual matter” and said he was “not a girl.” Another boy agreed that sex is “what you’re born with,” and cannot be changed by hormones and surgery, and a third boy “may have said something to a similar effect,” according to Liberty Counsel.
It doesn't sound like they were particularly abusive, or teasing him, at least based on that. 'Opinion' isn't bullying. Im not saying there wasn't bullying attached, maybe there was. But that article doesn't really point to that, and rather, suggests it was more of a gender disagreement.

My 5 year old, despite being pretty popular, got teased to tears at preschool because.... his jacket was yellow. One kid called him a banana, and my son reacted badly ['don't call me that'], causing everyone to call him banana for a day. He was a wreck. My wife and i had an impromptu discussion about how to [not] react to these things - explaining that some kids look for buttons to push, and explained and role played scenarios to get him past this sort of thing next time.

I don't like assuming the other kid was a victim. We have no idea if the other kids were bullying him, or how he dealt with it even if they were. He could literally not give a shit, or be teasing right back. It certainly sounds like he had a group of friends [the girls] who were doting over him and accepting of him, which is more than can be said for some non-disphoric kids who get teased at school.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
The amount of sheer hate coming from the identitarian far left is ridiculous. You could cook eggs on their foreheads. The post about aborting boys, this, etc... it's reaching absurd levels.

There is an easy solution to all of this. Stop thinking about everything in terms of race. Oh, there i go again, now I'm M.L.Kitler for not recognizing their entirely 'anti-racist' racist rhetoric.

I'm over intersectionalism and clown world. Bring back sanity before the neccessary correction actually institutes some sort of authoritarian nightmare.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
It's not clear from that article how they treated the kid. In fact, it's stated he was a friend:

It doesn't sound like they were particularly abusive, or teasing him, at least based on that. 'Opinion' isn't bullying. Im not saying there wasn't bullying attached, maybe there was. But that article doesn't really point to that, and rather, suggests it was more of a gender disagreement.

My 5 year old, despite being pretty popular, got teased to tears at preschool because.... his jacket was yellow. One kid called him a banana, and my son reacted badly ['don't call me that'], causing everyone to call him banana for a day. He was a wreck. My wife and i had an impromptu discussion about how to [not] react to these things - explaining that some kids look for buttons to push, and explained and role played scenarios to get him past this sort of thing next time.

I don't like assuming the other kid was a victim. We have no idea if the other kids were bullying him, or how he dealt with it even if they were. He could literally not give a shit, or be teasing right back. It certainly sounds like he had a group of friends [the girls] who were doting over him and accepting of him, which is more than can be said for some non-disphoric kids who get teased at school.
That, and they also need to teach these kids who are trans (which I have a very hard time with; no one knows WHAT the fuck they are at that age, imo) that the world may not be accepting of them early on. That's the reality of it, and the sooner they get used to that, the more capably they will navigate life. Coddling anyone is a recipe for failure imo. In the real world, no one is going to drag someone out of class that doesn't accept you, nor is anyone obligated to. It's not a crime to be anti-________.

Reactions: hariseldon

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Guys it's been like a week since I've heard any Democrat whining about teh Mueller case... maybe reality is setting in after almost 3 years?

Oct 26, 2018
That, and they also need to teach these kids who are trans (which I have a very hard time with; no one knows WHAT the fuck they are at that age, imo) that the world may not be accepting of them early on. That's the reality of it, and the sooner they get used to that, the more capably they will navigate life. Coddling anyone is a recipe for failure imo. In the real world, no one is going to drag someone out of class that doesn't accept you, nor is anyone obligated to. It's not a crime to be anti-________.
Coddling (which has probably been a big thing the past 20 years) has really affected society.

Whereas the old days of recess bullying and kids making fun of each other in class has been going on for eons, recent attempts to curb things just make things worse. It just makes kids into manbabies.

And this goes beyond kids pissing each other off.

Things like banning nuts has lead to kids developing severe allergies.... and all because some kid 20 years ago really started off the nut allergy trend and every school seems to do it.

Nut allergies were never a thing when I went to school. And it's mainly a USA/Canada thing recently. I don't think Europeans care much for the policies, and Asian countries who cook with a lot of nut ingredients and oils don't have half the population dying because suddenly everyone gets a rash and needs an epipen.

Maybe it's the media scaring everyone to be precautious? It's like kids playing outside. Crime has DROPPED a lot the past 30-40 years in the US and Canada, but parents seem way more cautious about leaving their kids alone. Fuck, when I was a kid, you go to school, come home and grab a bite and go play with friends til dinner. Then after dinner, play some more until mom (never dad.... lol) would come out to the sidewalk hoping to see you down the street and yell at you to come home.

I totally get it's a digital world now where kids prefer to text each other than actually meet in-person, but if kids now did want to go hang at a friend's place after school, parents would go ape shit watching their every step.

As for the trans thing, any parent who gives in to trans shit for young kids is an idiot. Every kid growng up will dick around with feelings or toys that aren't gender leaning. I'm pretty sure when I was 6 and a bunch of kids (boys and girls) in the neighbourhood would go over to each kid's basement to play, I did my share of goofing around with Barbie, and the girls did their share of messing with green army men or my older brother's remote control cars. Doesn't mean suddenly I'm gay, or the girls are lesbians.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
A true wake up call would require her to let go of her beliefs that she is a moral authority.

So, no. She's just trying to lecture a different group of people now that they're turning on her. "We're really getting out of hand, aren't we?" isn't a sign that she accepts the deeper cause for why things are really getting out of hand (her own ideology).
It’s a pseudo-apology. The use of “we” is her way of avoiding taking responsibility for her own actions and dragging everyone down with her. It’s the same thing NI does. It’s very sneaky because it sounds like an apology but what it really means is “well we’re all in this together aren’t we?”, i.e. she’s not wrong; everyone is.

Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
It's literally shocking how deep the assault on principles like due process, etc, is. Like, they aren't playing.

And worse yet, this new order they want is predicated on a belief that women never lie. It's fucking crazy town. It's so crazy town that it should be being ridiculed everywhere, every late night show, every film, every comedian. Instead... it's mainstream. And anyone objecting is relegated to being a fascist.

All in 5 years. What the ever living fuck.
I’m not saying it was Obama, but it was Obama. God damn Fabian.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Unstable things tend to collapse quickly. A lot of folks look at the rapid intensification as a sign that "they're winning", but I think that is needlessly fearful. Rather, their rapid escalation into deeper and deeper absurdity is a sign that they feel power slipping out of their hands (instinctively or otherwise) and are desperately trying to right the ship.

What we've seen is just a taste. The culture shift is already in progress and people will be shocked by how many of these "orthodox" far-left beliefs are completely swept away and delegitimized by the general public.
My body is ready

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
"Might run for Congress".

Is this the political activist version of "thought I looked cute, might delete later"? Like, what's the point of bringing that up? A threat? An aspiration?
Definitely a threat. Once she gets done knitting a new vagina cap I bet she starts an exploratory committee

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Arrogance.

“I know I could do it but I don’t know if it’s worth my time.”
Heh.

I think that I started reading this, but then i yawned and forgot what the first sentence said. I'd be happy to read something of value (and on topic) from you though, but this isn't on my radar.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Looking through it, that twitter is satire though, right? It's hard to tell these days but

Sacred

Aug 22, 2018
"Might run for Congress".

Is this the political activist version of "thought I looked cute, might delete later"? Like, what's the point of bringing that up? A threat? An aspiration?
Her future is a Denny's waitress that gets mad everytime a customer looks her in the eye when ordering and belittles them about the patriarchy.

• LOL
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi