• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clown World Thread | 🤡🌎 | pɐǝɹɥ⊥ pןɹoM uʍoןϽ

DocONally

Oct 21, 2014
Impacted by. The passive voice, they didn't make a choice to commit a crime, rather the justice system infringed upon their personal space and impacted them. The real victims are not the victims of crime, no the real victims are the victims of the justice system.
Kinda off topic, but this reminds me of Kafka's book The Trial. Well, at least it's headed there. Truly horrifying. The prisons we put ourselves in. Kinda reversed here, but we are architecting a system that is mentally unfeasible.

nkarafo

Nov 30, 2012
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, from now on a convicted felon or an offender released from custody will be known as a “formerly incarcerated person,” or a “justice-involved” person or just a “returning resident.”

A juvenile “delinquent” will now be called a “young person with justice system involvement,” or a “young person impacted by the juvenile justice system.”

And drug addicts or substance abusers, meanwhile, will become “a person with a history of substance use.”
More words than before sounds so practical.

Reactions: Greedings

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
The funniest thing is that the new titles sound more derogatory than the old. I’d rather be called a felon if I’d served time lol. You can try to gussy up a word and just make it worse, kind of like when you take a mean shit and use a bunch of air freshener. All it does is make it smell like shit and flowers. Everyone who goes in there knows you dropped a mean bomb and they still hold their breath and can’t wait to escape lol

Last edited:

Loke

May 16, 2018

ColdToffee

Oct 24, 2017
Portugal
"Heterosexuality is just not working":

...but you'd be a fool and a bigot to suggest that there is a predatory element to the LGBT movement.
Next step, change heterosexuality to heterosexualism, labeling it a disease like homosexuality once was. That's probably the SJWs goal.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

...but you'd be a fool and a bigot to suggest that there is a predatory element to the LGBT movement.
Marriage and monogamy have already been deemed archaic and oppressive. This is just the next stage in creating the sexual free-for-all that will supposedly bring unlimited happiness.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

Mihos

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
steamcommunity.com

Good luck with your enlightenment, millennials, I am off to oppress my wife for a few hours over some margaritas.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
Leaked New york times transcript said they will change their propaganda from muh russia to muh racist.. couple of hours after that one of their own political editors was outed as having a antisemitic and racist tweet history lol
I am sure just like last time with sarah jeong the nyt will stand firmly behind them... all while following their new mission statement of trying to paint trump and supporters as racist lol
I wonder if they can even fire him since sarah tweeted even worse racist bile in a more recent time frame and didnt get the boot so if they fire him he could sue the nytimes i think :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Leaked New york times transcript said they will change their propaganda from muh russia to muh racist.. couple of hours after that one of their own political editors was outed as having a antisemitic and racist tweet history lol
I am sure just like last time with sarah jeong the nyt will stand firmly behind them... all while following their new mission statement of trying to paint trump and supporters as racist lol
I wonder if they can even fire him since sarah tweeted even worse racist bile in a more recent time frame and didnt get the boot so if they fire him he could sue the nytimes i think :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Garbage tier mind virus.

MetalAlien

Formerly 'MetalAlien'
Mar 6, 2005
More and more I am starting to believe being gay is just a choice
Well if you take a totally straight man and give him a brain scan they would say it's different that a gay mans brain. But take that straight man and put him into a position were he has to act gay or be beaten or killed... like a prison situation. Leave him there for years living as someones partner because he has to do that to survive and I bet if you scanned his brain again it would start to look like a gay man's scan.

In others words living gay is the same as being gay. Even if forced into it it would eventually change how you think.

Just an idea.

lock2k

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil
I don't.

Why would someone choose a harder path if they could choose the easier one? My father masked as heterosexual for many years before coming out in his 60's. Several gay people I know said to me they would be straight if they could.

Last edited:

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

Notting Hill Carnival police face dance ban because if 'they are dancing and getting involved then they are less able to keep an eye on what's going on' as 12,000-strong force prepares for hottest ever street party

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
UK
It's not. What we're seeing from the far left is identitarian religious dogma, ignoring science and evidence to push their beliefs in the same way hardline Christians used to insist you could 'pray the gay away'.

This kind of bizarre regressive view of sexuality was like the third thing I noticed before realising something was wrong with 'my side' back when I was a self described SJW.

The first bit of cognitive dissonance for me was the idea gender was entirely due to oppressive cultural norms, not biological, which completely contradicts transgenderism.

Second that large breasted attractive women in fiction was unrealistic and sexist. My wife is stacked.

Last edited:

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
You can 'pray away the gay' in a sense. You can rewire your neurology to be sexually attracted to whomever or whatever, you want.

Pedos can be rewired but they don't do it because of the implications of giving people the knowledge and power to do so.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
I don't.

Why would someone choose a harder path if they could choose the easier one? My father masked as heterosexual for many years before coming out in his 60's. Several gay people I know said to me they would be straight if they could.
They would make that choice if it meant virtue signaling to millions of people and making your "brand" more exotic

Reactions: Sleepydays

ViceUniverse

Mar 12, 2019
I try not to care about people's choices, but I can't stand the whole transgenderism thing, especially in regards to using kids "being sexual" to reach acceptance. Something is off about it.

That said I don't want the feds limiting their opportunities just because of that. But I don't get it.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I don't.

Regardless of the answer, this logic doesn't hold up. I've know several gutter punks who got facial tattoos as a visible mark to permanently remove themselves from polite society. This was particularly effective during the 90s and 00s, though now plenty of celebs have them so who knows.

Some people chose the harder path. In the case of sexuality, we already know that to be true because that's a chunk of why 'taboo' acts turn people on.

merlinevo

Apr 28, 2019

Remember in Auschwitz when the jews kept all of their belongings and got fed soda, pizza, and cornchips?

Remember when the jews voluntarily and knowingly entered a temporary holding area because they very much wanted to enter the camps?
It's funny how the liberal media are portraying these illegal invaders as refugees who are fleeing violence and poverty(not reason for asylum). You would think they were malnourished, suffering physical trauma, and just grateful to be in the US. But from the look of that picture and many others, these illegal immigrants are obese, ungrateful, and already trained to live off government assistance. Illegal immigrants do not make the country better. They do not increase diversity. they do not improve communities they come into, they do not contribute to the economy, they do not improve the education system, and they bring in all sorts of problems such as drugs, gangs, and crimes.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
Tbf if the villains are fighting toxic masculinity that means toxic masculinity is the hero? Is Marvel trolling SJWs? :pie_thinking:
its much more likely they are just stupid as in i dont mean it as a insult but just a straight forward description lol

Last edited:

lock2k

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil
Regardless of the answer, this logic doesn't hold up. I've know several gutter punks who got facial tattoos as a visible mark to permanently remove themselves from polite society. This was particularly effective during the 90s and 00s, though now plenty of celebs have them so who knows.

Some people chose the harder path. In the case of sexuality, we already know that to be true because that's a chunk of why 'taboo' acts turn people on.
These people are imbeciles. I still think it's not a choice. My father is gay and I am not. I am completely repulsed by the thoughr of kissing a dude. If ot was a choice, I wouldn't feel physically sick about it.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I'm surprised the bunny one has cleavage. The rest are on lockdown. Well, sort of... it's more like wherever the costumes show skin they just painted it 'tights' color.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
These people are imbeciles. I still think it's not a choice. My father is gay and I am not. I am completely repulsed by the thoughr of kissing a dude. If ot was a choice, I wouldn't feel physically sick about it.
Who cares if they are imbeciles? They still disprove your point. Plenty of people put obstacles in front of themselves. The idea that people always act in a way that makes their life easiest is incorrect. Monks, for example, intentionally make their lives harder with all sorts of restrictions.

I think you fundamentally misunderstand the debate being had. Your personal repulsion has literally nothing to do with it, and, in fact, would be presented as evidence that it is a choice by some ["Your repulsion is due to patriarchal dooky dook that has trained you to feel physical repulsion at the very thought of blah blah blah"].

Nobody is saying you, lock2k, could suddenly go fuck a guy tomorrow. If you think that's what people are arguing, you are incorrect.

Reactions: oagboghi2

lock2k

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil
Who cares if they are imbeciles? They still disprove your point. Plenty of people put obstacles in front of themselves. The idea that people always act in a way that makes their life easiest is incorrect. Monks, for example, intentionally make their lives harder with all sorts of restrictions.

I think you fundamentally misunderstand the debate being had. Your personal repulsion has literally nothing to do with it, and, in fact, would be presented as evidence that it is a choice by some ["Your repulsion is due to patriarchal dooky dook that has trained you to feel physical repulsion at the very thought of blah blah blah"].

Nobody is saying you, lock2k, could suddenly go fuck a guy tomorrow. If you think that's what people are arguing, you are incorrect.
People hide and suffer while masking being something they are not. I already presented my argument and I stand by it. Imbeciles do not make something a rule.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
People hide and suffer while masking being something they are not. I already presented my argument and I stand by it. Imbeciles do not make something a rule.
Who said anything is a rule? You stated nobody would make their life harder. I pointed to multiple groups of people who do exactly that. Standing firm in front of evidence disproving your initial reasoning does not give me faith in your conclusions.

Reactions: Tesseract

lock2k

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil
Who said anything is a rule? You stated nobody would make their life harder. I pointed to multiple groups of people who do exactly that. Standing firm in front of evidence disproving your initial reasoning does not give me faith in your conclusions.
Whatever. You win. TKO with ultra combo.

• Love
Reactions: autoduelist

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
and of course when men/boys don't go and run out to buy the comic and bombs miserably they will blame that same toxic masculinity that these villains are supposedly fighting LOL.

Best way to make money is to take a shit on your customers. Whenever I go to McDonalds I always ask for the cashier to take a big shit right on the bag, it ensures I will always come back again.